Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > History by Don Rutledge

History by Don Rutledge History of Local Church in America

Old 07-12-2008, 12:44 AM   #1
Testing123

Default Massey Brothers

Don, thank you for your fascinating history lessons. Many of the characters are known to me; others I've heard mentioned; still others are new to me.

Several years ago, I saw a listing of elders in the Scottsdale fellowship formerly associated with Bill Freeman. Herman Massey was one of those. I'm just wondering if you know what has happened to Herman, and if you are aware of his spiritual journey to have become associated with Freeman in Arizona.

Also, of interest - there is a recent interview with Thurman Massey that can be heard here (link).
Testing123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Timotheist

Went to the site and also saw the link to the "dallas home church" site, which I found interesting, being in the Dallas area. Is anybody here familiar with this group of Christians?
Timotheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Dallas Home Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timotheist View Post
Went to the site and also saw the link to the "dallas home church" site, which I found interesting, being in the Dallas area. Is anybody here familiar with this group of Christians?
Hi Timotheist,

I attended the "area wide picnic" mentioned on the web site. I've attended a meeting or two with some of them since. What I like about it is these folks are real. They care about Jesus more than about the "place" they come together. It seems that they believe, as I do, as long as we are following Him, we will be in the place we're supposed to be.

I think they have another picnic coming up this summer. That might be a good time to check it out if you'd like.

Nell

Last edited by Nell; 07-13-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #4
Hope

Default Herman Massey

Herman and Kathlene Massey felt the Lord lead them to move to Scotsdale several years ago. About the time they arrived there was a big turmoil. It was a mercy to the saints there that the Masseys were on the scene. Herman and Kathlene thought they were moving to Arizona for R and R and it turned out they were giving R and R. They have returned to Oklahoma. Their spiritual journey is still ongoing. Their major focus is still Christ. I received a call from them just a week ago and was happy to hear from them.

In Christ Jesus,

Hope, Don Rutledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing123 View Post
Don, thank you for your fascinating history lessons. Many of the characters are known to me; others I've heard mentioned; still others are new to me.

Several years ago, I saw a listing of elders in the Scottsdale fellowship formerly associated with Bill Freeman. Herman Massey was one of those. I'm just wondering if you know what has happened to Herman, and if you are aware of his spiritual journey to have become associated with Freeman in Arizona.

Also, of interest - there is a recent interview with Thurman Massey that can be heard here (link).
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote