Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
manna-man

Default manna-man

The Great Beginning of my Revelation: LOL!

I was a young one living with my parents when they touched Christ in a special way in the LC. They soon started traveling with us kids in the station wagon to Elden Hall in Los Angeles California every Lords Day as even us kids loved the childrens ministry aspect of it. Even us kids knew something was different and attractive about this group of strangers. LOL! I miss the LC saints and soon will visit them in Boca Raton. I should mention as well I miss the saints here in Fort Lauderdale who decided to leave the LC after the fresh new way unraveled back in the eighties. I hope to see them as well real soon.

Besides camping trips and the brothers encouraging us kids I think the biggest impression I recieved from that body of believers is when several families moved from different localities to Tampa to start a new LC and on our special journey to Tampa we stopped off at different localities and enjoyed incredible hospitality from people we didn't even know! Yet it was as if we didn't even skip a beat, fellowship was their and testimonies and lifting up of the Lord was there as well. These dear saints made their homes available to strangers so we could rest while they were at work. When we were rested and showered these saints prepared a meal for us. There was praise and fellowship and onward we went to the next destination of Fort Worth. I find it amazing that I can remember so much of that time. We made a few stops along the way and each locality showed a refreshing love for the saints that were making this journey to Florida as well as encouraged us.

Again I say what a profound effect this had on me as a child witnessing such love in a refreshing way. Eventually we ended up in Fort Lauderdale where I am until this day. Not damaged in any way but wiser to the spiritual battle we must partake of daily until the end. Yes, there was some negative aspects to my experience in the LC. As there was and is in any part of my walk. Mostly of my own accord.
We'll allow the Lord to worry about that. I just want to make clear that I don't regret one moment of the LC. I personally received encouragement and excellent teaching from the brothers and sisters and look forward to meeting with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

P.S. I plan on introducing my son to the LC. I can't wait! to see the look on his face when he sees these dear ones Praising the Lord. He'll think their nuts! as I once did! lol I Can't wait!

Grace and Peace to those who hear,believe, receive and endure even until the end.
Don jr.

To those who enjoy skype, give me a call my handle is "threeoneisone"

Last edited by manna-man; 07-16-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Thirsty
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
aron

Default Re: manna-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by manna-man View Post

I think the biggest impression I recieved from that body of believers is when several families moved from different localities to Tampa to start a new LC and on our special journey to Tampa we stopped off at different localities and enjoyed incredible hospitality from people we didn't even know! ... We made a few stops along the way and each locality showed a refreshing love for the saints that were making this journey to Florida as well as encouraged us.
I also have received this hospitality in the LCs. But also from non-LC christians. Even from unbelievers! Don't mistakenly think "only in the LC".

Quote:
Again I say what a profound effect this had on me as a child witnessing such love in a refreshing way. Eventually we ended up in Fort Lauderdale where I am until this day. Not damaged in any way but wiser to the spiritual battle we must partake of daily until the end. Yes, there was some negative aspects to my experience in the LC. As there was and is in any part of my walk. Mostly of my own accord.
We'll allow the Lord to worry about that. I just want to make clear that I don't regret one moment of the LC. I personally received encouragement and excellent teaching from the brothers and sisters and look forward to meeting with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
I very much agree. I had many wonderful experiences, received much help and love and light, met many, many dear believers. Any error, as you say correctly, is "mostly of my own accord."

I would just remind us all that the error in the LCs was to think that this fellowship, this "oneness" was only found on Nee's recovered "ground of locality" or some such.

I have been deeply blessed in my years post-LC by many christians who never heard of this group, nor their teachings. So to presume this testimony is only found on the "ground" which is claimed by the LCs is to claim something that only God can bestow. One under this false impression that "we alone have the blessing" can unfortunately become quite provincial in outlook. Any other believers are subsequently regarded not as "us" but as "them", and spoken of with a changed tone of voice, and cautious, qualified words, and furrowed brow.

But other than that small addendum, I loved your testimony, which is very similar to my own (I was greatly blessed by my time in the LCs), and I wish you much peace and grace and courage in your journey ahead.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
manna-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I also have received this hospitality in the LCs. But also from non-LC christians. Even from unbelievers! Don't mistakenly think "only in the LC".

I very much agree. I had many wonderful experiences, received much help and love and light, met many, many dear believers. Any error, as you say correctly, is "mostly of my own accord."

I would just remind us all that the error in the LCs was to think that this fellowship, this "oneness" was only found on Nee's recovered "ground of locality" or some such.

I have been deeply blessed in my years post-LC by many christians who never heard of this group, nor their teachings. So to presume this testimony is only found on the "ground" which is claimed by the LCs is to claim something that only God can bestow. One under this false impression that "we alone have the blessing" can unfortunately become quite provincial in outlook. Any other believers are subsequently regarded not as "us" but as "them", and spoken of with a changed tone of voice, and cautious, qualified words, and furrowed brow.

But other than that small addendum, I loved your testimony, which is very similar to my own (I was greatly blessed by my time in the LCs), and I wish you much peace and grace and courage in your journey ahead.
Greetings Aron,

I am an adult now and also have enjoyed hospitality from others outside of the LC as well as nonbelievers. Before I was just a young boy.
Nevertheless, it was quite a profound experience.

I'm sure there are ones that probably think that way.

Grace to you Aron,

Don jr.

Last edited by manna-man; 07-21-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: to edit. :)
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
aron

Quote:

[receiving hospitality in the LCs] was quite a profound experience.

I'm sure there are ones that probably think that way.
When I was immersed in that scene, there wasn't anywhere in the world that I would have rather been than right there. So God was indeed very good to many of us in our sojourn among the LCs. I traveled and visited extensively, at least within my little corner of the world.

Nonetheless, there was a time when the voice of the Lord said, "Move on".

Neither experience nullifies the other.

I was just making the point that "the glory in the church" is not exclusive to the LC experience (not that I needed to, probably; I just felt like making the point).

grace always. aron the blind bard.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #5
kisstheson

Greetings in Christ, dear brother manna-man. I am so glad to see that you found your way over to this forum as well.

My family and I have many fond memories of both giving and receiving hospitality during our time in the LC. It was indeed a profound experience and it was always a real blessing for everyone involved. There is a very practical kind of love which increases between the members of the Body through such experiences.

We have been very fortunate to continue to have these kind of experiences with other fellowship groups as well since our departure from the LC. In just the past month we have been graciously received into the homes of dear ones from an "LC-offshoot" assembly and dear ones from an assembly somewhat affiliated with the ministry of dear brother Stephen Kaung. Such genuine love! It is just too precious for words!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
countmeworthy

Default Re: manna-man & signature

Hellos Manna-man....
Greetings in Christ Jesus. I noticed your signature is the same as mine!!! WOW! How REVELATORY !!! Looks like I'm not the only one LOOKING UP!!

I've been using Luke 21:36 since 2005. Thus my 'pseudo-name' on the boards. It is a scripture I pray often but not in a begging way. By the Blood of the Lamb and by the Word of my Testimony, I believe and decree I AM an overcomer, counted worthy to escape ALL the things that are about to come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man. I pray that I and everyone here will not only be counted worthy to escape but will also be Counted Worthy to receive the Crowns of Righteousness, Rejoicing, the Incorrutible Crown, the Crown of Glory and the Crown of Life.

I have posted the scriptures to these crowns on this forum and the other one. The Crown of Righteousness is the Crown awarded to those who are looking and loving the appearance of our KING.

(2Timothy 4:8 (Amp version))
[As to what remains] henceforth there is laid up for me the [Victor's] crown of Righteousness [for being right with God and doing right], which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will award to me and recompense me on that [great] day--and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved and yearned for and welcomed His appearing (His return).

NKJV
Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of Righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

To God be all the Glory, Praise and Honor with Thanksgiving for He alone is WORTHY through Christ Jesus, His Anointed One and His Holy Spirit, the Anointing Oil of Joy and Gladness.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
manna-man

Arrow Re: manna-man

Quote:
The Great Beginning of my Revelation: LOL!

I was a young one living with my parents when they touched Christ in a special way in the LC. They soon started traveling with us kids in the station wagon to Elden Hall in Los Angeles California every Lords Day as even us kids loved the childrens ministry aspect of it. Even us kids knew something was different and attractive about this group of strangers. LOL! I miss the LC saints and soon will visit them in Boca Raton. I should mention as well I miss the saints here in Fort Lauderdale who decided to leave the LC after the fresh new way unraveled back in the eighties. I hope to see them as well real soon.

Besides camping trips and the brothers encouraging us kids I think the biggest impression I recieved from that body of believers is when several families moved from different localities to Tampa to start a new LC and on our special journey to Tampa we stopped off at different localities and enjoyed incredible hospitality from people we didn't even know! Yet it was as if we didn't even skip a beat, fellowship was their and testimonies and lifting up of the Lord was there as well. These dear saints made their homes available to strangers so we could rest while they were at work. When we were rested and showered these saints prepared a meal for us. There was praise and fellowship and onward we went to the next destination of Fort Worth. I find it amazing that I can remember so much of that time. We made a few stops along the way and each locality showed a refreshing love for the saints that were making this journey to Florida as well as encouraged us.

P.S. I plan on introducing my son to the LC. I can't wait! to see the look on his face when he sees these dear ones Praising the Lord. He'll think their nuts! as I once did! lol I Can't wait!

Grace and Peace to those who hear,believe, receive and endure even until the end.
Don jr.

To those who enjoy skype, give me a call my handle is "threeoneisone"
Still very greatful for my experience and relationships in the LC!
Old 08-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #8
Sons to Glory!

Good testimony of God's love in and through the saints bro! I too have many fond memories of ones showing hospitality in various locations in the LC back in the day. My, but they really went so out of their way to make things nice!

And I echo what a couple others have said here too - the love of Christ in believers anywhere, no matter the form of teaching they are devoted to, is something to be experienced. We need and rejoice in the entire body of Christ, right?!

Quote:
But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. Romans 6:17
Old 08-29-2019, 05:30 PM   #9
manna-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Good testimony of God's love in and through the saints bro! I too have many fond memories of ones showing hospitality in various locations in the LC back in the day. My, but they really went so out of their way to make things nice!

And I echo what a couple others have said here too - the love of Christ in believers anywhere, no matter the form of teaching they are devoted to, is something to be experienced. We need and rejoice in the entire body of Christ, right?!

[/COLOR][/b][/i]
Amen! So much to experience!
Who Is Like The Lord!
Old 08-31-2019, 11:33 AM   #10
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Amen! So much to experience!
Who Is Like The Lord!
So bro, do you fellowship sometimes with other Christians not actively in the LC? I have found it to really broaden my understanding and appreciation of the body of Christ! (He has worked in my heart to accept the practices of others, which may not be according to my preferences . . .)
Old 09-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #11
manna-man

Quote:
So bro, do you fellowship sometimes with other Christians not actively in the LC? I have found it to really broaden my understanding and appreciation of the body of Christ! (He has worked in my heart to accept the practices of others, which may not be according to my preferences . . .)
Sometimes.

Right now at this moment I don't have a home church but feel led to find somewhere...something. I am open to any fellowship I do run into throughout the course of any given day or opportunity. I despise religiosity but love Gods leading. The best thing that has been available to me which I haven't taken advantage of has been a remnant of ex LC saints in my area. I have lost the taste for large groups. This doesn't mean I'm afraid to grow. I'm open full throttle. Work is making me weary, taking most of my energies. I'm confident that The Lord knows what He is doing. I've been really appreciating the writing of TAS these days.

May Abba continue to write on our hearts!

Peace
Old 09-02-2019, 11:06 AM   #12
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Sometimes.

Right now at this moment I don't have a home church but feel led to find somewhere...something. I am open to any fellowship I do run into throughout the course of any given day or opportunity. I despise religiosity but love Gods leading. The best thing that has been available to me which I haven't taken advantage of has been a remnant of ex LC saints in my area. I have lost the taste for large groups. This doesn't mean I'm afraid to grow. I'm open full throttle. Work is making me weary, taking most of my energies. I'm confident that The Lord knows what He is doing. I've been really appreciating the writing of TAS these days.

May Abba continue to write on our hearts!

Peace
Oh, maybe I misunderstood you - I thought you were actively gathering routinely with a LC somewhere. Is that not the case?

And many on here enjoy TAS writings, as I do. I read Daily Open Windows, almost every day, which is a compilation of his writings into daily devotional form - highly recommended!
Old 09-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #13
manna-man

Quote:
Oh, maybe I misunderstood you - I thought you were actively gathering routinely with a LC somewhere. Is that not the case?

And many on here enjoy TAS writings, as I do. I read Daily Open Windows, almost every day, which is a compilation of his writings into daily devotional form - highly recommended!
At one point I was. I enjoy daily open windows as well and share it on The Vine FB group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Iamthevine/