Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
leastofthese

Default Project 1820

I'm starting this thread to gather together believers eager to pray for the Living Stream Ministry and those who are a part of their gatherings.

I will be fasting and praying on June 9th (a month from today) and ask you to come along side and join me. Please feel free to provide specific prayers that you would like me (any maybe others) to be praying for during this dedicated time.

Love and Peace,

Leastofthese
Old 05-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
leastofthese

Default Re: Project 1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Brother Leastofthese why should I interfere with God and His dealings with LSM? He can handle it without me. Or not.
Well, I guess three things come to mind initially

1. We are called to love our neighbors
2. God wants us to pray with all kinds of prayers and requests
3. Our prayers are effective because God hears our prayers

Is this a philosophical question or just a specific question in regards to the topic?
Old 05-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #3
Ohio

These two quotes by G.K. Chesterson have often helped me to calibrate my views towards certain "difficult" folks I know and to pray for them:
“The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people.”

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless."
Old 05-10-2018, 08:24 PM   #4
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
Well, I guess three things come to mind initially

1. We are called to love our neighbors
2. God wants us to pray with all kinds of prayers and requests
3. Our prayers are effective because God hears our prayers

Is this a philosophical question or just a specific question in regards to the topic?
Rom 8:26* Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.*
Old 05-11-2018, 04:30 AM   #5
leastofthese

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Rom 8:26* Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.*
Yes! I love that verse. I can only imagine what my life would look like without that truth.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #6
JJ

I like the suggestions so far.

I wouldn't pray anything different for them than for the rest of the body of Christ:

The word revival came to mind:
verses: http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=revive+us

Since these are all Old Testament I'd add Ephesians 5:8-15 http://biblehub.com/blb/ephesians/5.htm
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:38 AM   #7
leastofthese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
I like the suggestions so far.

I wouldn't pray anything different for them than for the rest of the body of Christ:

The word revival came to mind:
verses: http://biblehub.net/search.php?q=revive+us

Since these are all Old Testament I'd add Ephesians 5:8-15 http://biblehub.com/blb/ephesians/5.htm
Please take time today to pray for the individuals in the LSM churches, those seeking the Lord, and those who may come in contact with Lee’s ministry.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Sons to Glory!

Let me share something I've been chewing on and enjoying this past week. Last week in our brothers' breakfast, we were talking about a couple things - remembering who we really are (who God has made us) and how Hebrews 11 only records "snapshots" of faith (not the negative things). It was brought up that Samson is mentioned in this chapter, even though he failed miserably. But at the end he remembered who he was, and that faith produced an action which brought the whole pagan thing down.

I got a flash at that moment that spoke to me like this: "What if this is how the church (all of us) will finish!?" That is, perhaps the church will realize who we really are, like Samson, and then bring the whole darn thing down. Christendom is what it is (I'll leave you to fill in that blank), but God sees faith!

So what if we pray that those in the LC will see who they really are? Just members of the body of Christ (not some special, elite corp of overcomers), who are in love with other members of His body.
Sons to Glory! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Let me share something I've been chewing on and enjoying this past week. Last week in our brothers' breakfast, we were talking about a couple things - remembering who we really are (who God has made us) and how Hebrews 11 only records "snapshots" of faith (not the negative things). It was brought up that Samson is mentioned in this chapter, even though he failed miserably. But at the end he remembered who he was, and that faith produced an action which brought the whole pagan thing down.

I got a flash at that moment that spoke to me like this: "What if this is how the church (all of us) will finish!?" That is, perhaps the church will realize who we really are, like Samson, and then bring the whole darn thing down. Christendom is what it is (I'll leave you to fill in that blank), but God sees faith!

So what if we pray that those in the LC will see who they really are? Just members of the body of Christ (not some special, elite corp of overcomers), who are in love with other members of His body.
Yet... how about dropping the elite corp and just focusing on overcomers.... according to Revelation 2 & 3.

What we see there is that the churches do not achieve the Lord's purpose and so He calls the overcomers to fulfill what the churches should be doing.

How about that?

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #10
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Yet... how about dropping the elite corp and just focusing on overcomers.... according to Revelation 2 & 3.

What we see there is that the churches do not achieve the Lord's purpose and so He calls the overcomers to fulfill what the churches should be doing.

How about that?

Drake
We just all need to remember and see who we are in Christ, no mater whatever teaching He has put us under. When that happens it will result in glorious oneness (that is, we will all see He has already made us one). Who knows what that will look like!? But it could happen in an instant - like Samson, who realized who he was and finished well.
Sons to Glory! is offline   Reply With Quote