Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
aron

Default "A House Divided", or "A House with Many Rooms"?

A House Divided Cannot Stand

Mark 3:25 “If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.”

I have noted aspects of various personalities and opinions being played out online. When it comes to points of view, and presenting them, I differ from others, as they do from each other.

I am probably to the “left” of brother Ohio in many views. I don’t consider President Obama to be a Muslim terrorist, because I don't see enough facts to come to that conclusion (nor, for the same reason, do I hold President Bush and Cheney to be part of a secret cabal behind the 9/11 attacks. Not enough facts to warrant that). But on the other hand, I am probably to the “right” of Awareness, or at least quite “different”.

I am probably not as logical as OBW, nor as ZNP. I am (being older) probably less likely to shoot from the hip than Mr. Liotta.

In short, I am different from all the posters here. But we are all one, to some degree. We all agree there is a subject worth commenting on, and exploring together (what that subject is, of course, is open to discussion).

I offer these comments as a microcosm, as it were, of the “Christian discussion”. All believers are, of course, different, and unique. But all believers are one. They believe there is One God who loves us and sent His only begotten Son. (Etc – I am not going to try to outline a “universal creed” here).

We are different, but not divided. That is the glory of the one faith. We are unique yet united. We are “one, even as Jesus and the Father are one” because of God’s unique shining glory, given to us in the person of Jesus Christ the Nazarene (cf Jo 17:22), and received by faith. Our faith makes us one.

Eventually, I came to feel that Mr. Nee’s ground of oneness doctrine was yet another divisive idea, pushing confusion into an already confusing landscape of doctrine and ideas. Please see my next post for discussion of this.