Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #1
zeek

Default more trouble in Florida

This may be old news to the rest of you but it's new to me: http://afaithfulwitness.org/reports/...0-%20Miami.pdf

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
OBW

Default Re: more trouble in Florida

This is what happens when one self-proclaimed supreme minister manages to outlive another. Just like with Titus Chu.

It seems that putting anything in writing is sufficient evidence that you are worthy of excommunication.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:29 AM   #3
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
This may be old news to the rest of you but it's new to me: http://afaithfulwitness.org/reports/...0-%20Miami.pdf
So Ron Madore (Miami) and Richard Annese (??? Boca maybe) feel threatened. Why? They must not be flourishing.

Back when MannaMan was active he went to the C. in Boca Raton. Boca started with a split from Ft. Lauderdale, when around 40 Lee loyalists broke off and ran to Boca. Decades later there was still only around 40 meeting in Boca (and Ft. Lauderdale was/is gone).

No wonder they are threatened. The Lord isn't blessing them with growth. So it only takes a couple of brothers to show up to threaten "the ministry of the age."

The Brazilian brothers show up in 1999. Eight yrs go by and Miami and Boca are concerned enough to write a letter to "the co-workers in the Lord's recovery." It's been 8 years since this letter was written. What's happened since? Has the South American boys taken over?

Please excuse me when I think this whole matter is nothing but a joke ... especially the claim: "the ministry of the age." They're heads are obviously swelled beyond reality, about who they are. That's the kind of delusion that comes from living in a bubble of constant reinforcement. It takes meeting after meeting, conference after conference, and training after training, to produced and maintain such a delusion as, we are "the ministry of the age." Their "Lord" is so small.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
The Brazilian brothers show up in 1999. Eight yrs go by and Miami and Boca are concerned enough to write a letter to "the co-workers in the Lord's recovery." It's been 8 years since this letter was written. What's happened since? Has the South American boys taken over?
The Brazilian brothers show up in Toronto, ON also. Obviously they never felt compelled to ask permission of the locals.

Reminds me of the turf battles in Uganda between Cleveland and Anaheim. Isn't this world big enough for all the ex-LCers?