Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 08-16-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
FranklyM

Default Glad to be here

Hi everyone,

A little bit about myself:
I was born and raised in a Christian family. My father was the son of a pastor in a denomination called "Assembly of God" back in my country. In 1998 my father came into the Recovery. In 2001 our family moved to the United States and continued to meet with "church" in our city. My parents and siblings moved back to my country in 2010.

I never really challenged anything about the Recovery's teachings, I pretty much followed my father. But as I grew older, I started questioning some of the teachings of WN, WL, LSM. It got to the point where I now find fault with almost anything taught in the Recovery.

As I mentioned before, my immediate family moved back to my country, so all I have left are my wife's family (we are really close) who just happen to be true defenders of the Recovery. I do have one friend at work who also meets with the recovery that share similar views with me about the Recovery.

I have no problem telling people the problems I found with the teachings of WN and WL and practices in the Recovery, including my family. I often describe what the Recovery teaches as either stating the obvious (things that are already clear in the Bible), or the fruit of someone's very fertile and twisted imagination. I often tell people that I am 99% sure that the Recovery is very close to being a cult.

My wife agrees that there is a lot of issues with the Recovery's teachings, but she thinks leaving will be to drastic and cause problems with the family. My wife continues to attend the meetings. Her approach is try to work with what you have.

I myself very seldom attend the meetings on Sundays. I sometimes go to home meetings when they are held at the homes of someone from my family.
FranklyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Glad to be here

Hi FranklyM, Welcome the LocalChurchDiscussions forum!

I think there are quite a number of brothers and sisters in your situation. I really admire you for not letting the religion of the Local Church of Witness Lee destroy your marriage. Unfortunately, many marriages have been damaged, and even destroyed, when one spouse leaves and the other remains a faithful follower of the person and work of Witness Lee. Of course there are many brothers and sisters within the LC movement who are very dear and precious saints - and your wife is surely one of them - but unfortunately they are trapped within a system of error. May the Lord continue to strengthen, comfort and encourage you as you seek his hand, his face and his will for you and your wife, and even your extended family.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #3
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklyM View Post
... all I have left are my wife's family (we are really close) who just happen to be true defenders of the Recovery. ... My wife continues to attend the meetings. Her approach is try to work with what you have.

I myself very seldom attend the meetings on Sundays. I sometimes go to home meetings when they are held at the homes of someone from my family.
An interesting thing about being in that situation is that it forces you to confront what you do believe, and prove it to yourself. It forces you to go on a Christian journey you never would have chosen for yourself. But God chose it.

Amen, come Lord Jesus.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
stillseekingtruth

Welcome! I completely understand your wife staying to keep the peace. I did that until I got married. Actually, I still go to the sisters meeting, but my husband is telling me I shouldn’t go. Our major and most frequent fights are ALWAYS about the Bible, doctrine, and the local church. He’s never even been in the local church. He went to a home meeting and heard God is processed. It Flipped him out. We almost didn’t get married because he thought I believed in a different God. I get that now. I didn’t three years ago.
stillseekingtruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:05 PM   #5
least

Hi FranklyM
I agree with what untohim said:-
"I really admire you for not letting the religion of the Local Church of Witness Lee destroy your marriage."

Don't be too bothered by the "recovery LC". Your family defends them, but don't let this issue damage the love and closeness. First love is towards Christ. By loving each other you and your family are disciples of Christ.

Blessings from God.
least is offline   Reply With Quote