Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 12-29-2018, 04:25 AM   #1
el10

Default I need your help

Hello everyone, I want to ask what is the reason for you leaving LC? I am currently in LC and feel a little uncomfortable
el10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 06:20 AM   #2
el10

Default Re: I need your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Most of us have shared our testimonies. That would be the best place to begin. In my own testimony the Lord led me to the LC and He led me out as well.
how long have you been in LC? and why did you decide to leave?
Old 12-29-2018, 06:45 AM   #3
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by el10 View Post
Hello everyone, I want to ask what is the reason for you leaving LC? I am currently in LC and feel a little uncomfortable
Welcome el10!

I was active for 30 years in the Midwest LC's, and then left when LSM decided to "quarantine" (aka excommunicate) us. I was studying 19th century Plymouth Brethren history (our "ancestors," so to speak) in order to understand our own exclusive history, and came across the old Bereans forum which was the predecessor to this one. Soon I learned about the real history of Witness Lee which was long hidden from members like me.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #4
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
how long have you been in LC? and why did you decide to leave?
I was in the LC from 1978 to 1998. I spent 18 months in Irving building the LSM hall as a full time volunteer. I was in the FTTT from 1987 to 1995.

In brief I think we all must have our faith tested and if in anything we are otherwise minded the Lord will reveal that to us.
Old 12-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #5
countmeworthy

Quote:
I was in the LC from 1975 - 1978 I was 21ish when I got saved through the gospel shared to me by the LC brethren at work. I am very thankful to the Lord for drawing me to Himself through them. I am equally grateful the Holy Spirit led me out.

I left because 1) I was becoming uncomfortable with the LC uplifting Lee as "Paul" and the "oracle of the church". It was changing from Christ and the church to Lee and the church.

2) I was no longer growing in Christ. I was stagnant.

To be fair, I had other issues and had no one to talk to about. "Simply "calling on the Lord" was not solving deep embedded issues I suffered from. I am sure to this day they don't know how to help people be set free from emotional problems.

I can assure you Jesus and His Presious Blood IS INDEED our Deliverer but one has to dig deep into His Word with a deep and true desire to be set free from strongholds. I Praise His Holy Name with a grateful heart daily for setting me free.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:11 PM   #6
el10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Welcome el10!

I was active for 30 years in the Midwest LC's, and then left when LSM decided to "quarantine" (aka excommunicate) us. I was studying 19th century Plymouth Brethren history (our "ancestors," so to speak) in order to understand our own exclusive history, and came across the old Bereans forum which was the predecessor to this one. Soon I learned about the real history of Witness Lee which was long hidden from members like me.
Can I know about the real history og Witness Lee ?
Old 12-29-2018, 04:47 PM   #7
aron

Quote:
Can I know about the real history og Witness Lee ?
Look under the section on this forum called "Writings of former members"

Especially,

Speaking the Truth in Love by John Ingalls

The Thread of Gold by Jane Carole Anderson

History by Don Rutledge

and

Writings and Concerns of Steve Isitt

That ought to get you started. There's probably a lot about this Witness Lee and his effect on this group you don't yet know. But if you read those 4 authors you'll begin to see the history.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:46 AM   #8
UntoHim
ἐμοὶ γὰρ τὸ ζῆν Χριστὸς - - For To Me To Live Is Christ!

Quote:
Welcome to the forum el10!

Sometimes it is our conscience making us feel uncomfortable. At other times, it is actually God himself making us feel uncomfortable about our living in, and speaking forth, the truth. Jesus said the Father is seeking those "who worship in spirit and in truth". (John 4:24)

The simple fact is that there are probably as many reasons for people leaving the Local Church of Witness Lee as there are people who left. I think the postings on this forum over the years bear this out. However, I believe there is a common theme that seems to run through everyone's story, and it has to do with answering a few basic questions to yourself:

#1 Was Witness Lee really who he and his followers said he was? Was he the "One Minister with the One Ministry for The Age"? Was he the only one speaking as God's oracle on earth? Was God "recovering" so many lost truths though Lee, and only Lee?

#2 Is the Local Church the true Church, "The Lord's Recovery" and the only group of Christians expressing God in each locality? Is the Local Church of Witness Lee the only true expression of the Church in the city that they met in? Are all other Christian churches in that locality illegitimate and meeting on "the wrong ground"?

#3 Are the teachings and practices in the Local Church biblical, profitable and healthy for all the members? Are all the critiques and criticisms of Witness Lee's detractors over the past 50 years totally wrong? Are all the Christian teachers, scholars and apologists who signed The Open Letter simply misquoting and misrepresenting the teachings of Witness Lee?

I know I have given you a lot to chew on, el10. I do know from my personal experience that at some point you will probably be forced to answer these questions to yourself...and it will have to be yourself because in the end you are the only one that really matters when it comes to it comes to the truth. The truth is the only thing that can and will set you free from the "uncomfortable feelings" you have towards the Local Church and The Ministry.

Now I will leave you with what I hope will be an encouraging word: God is with you. He is for you. He is a "rewarder of those that seek him". He is also working out all things for your good. I can testify to the fact and confirm that God is out here, outside the camp of the Local Church of Witness Lee. The Body of Christ - your brothers and sisters in the Lord - are out here willing and able to help you, comfort you and fellowship with you.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote