Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Turmoil and Concerns of the late 1980s

Old 09-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Kelly

Default Where kind I find it??

Hello! I have not posted in I don't know how long... what I am interested in is how to go about finding the disassociation letter written in the late 1980s from the local churches in Europe... At one time, the original letter was found easily on the "Hiding History" website... seems that is under construction, or something to that effect. Who knows? Anyway, would one of you know where I could find the original letter along with signatures of those leading ones in Europe as they informed Lee of their concerns and disassociation from him.

Much love,
Kelly
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
bearbear

Default Re: Where kind I find it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Hello! I have not posted in I don't know how long... what I am interested in is how to go about finding the disassociation letter written in the late 1980s from the local churches in Europe... At one time, the original letter was found easily on the "Hiding History" website... seems that is under construction, or something to that effect. Who knows? Anyway, would one of you know where I could find the original letter along with signatures of those leading ones in Europe as they informed Lee of their concerns and disassociation from him.

Much love,
Kelly
http://www.thebereans.net/forum2/sho...d.php?p=288594

Dear brother Witness Lee,

It has come to our attention recently through several witnesses that gross immorality and some other sins mentioned in 1 Corinthians 5:11 have been committed by your son Philip Lee (who is identified as your Ministry Office) on more than one occasion over a long period of time. This deeply disturbs us. It grieves us even more that you and some of your close co-workers were aware of the situation and yet not only tolerated it but covered it up. What is worse is that, while this was happening, you and your co-workers were promoting and exalting him to the extent that he was able to intervene in the churches’ affairs in recent years. The peak of this promotion was evident at your elders’ training in Taipei in June 1987. Some of your co-workers were not only themselves under the influence and control of Philip Lee, but were also openly bringing elders and young people of many local churches to come under the same influence and control in your name and for your sake. The five brothers whom you and your Office sent to Europe in your place in May 1986 were trying to do the same here. Our young people who went to your training in Taipei have also testified of the same.

Before God, before the brothers and sisters in the local churches, before the Christian public, and for the sake of the Lord’s testimony, we are compelled by our conscience to fully disassociate ourselves from such sins and behaviour in your work”.

(signatories were twenty-one brothers from nine churches in Europe who effectually withdrew from the recovery with this letter on September 17, 1989.)
Old 09-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
Kelly

Thank you bearbear for this; I've found the same copy of the letter on many websites, but many months ago I recall viewing a file (image or pdf) of the letter which included the signatures of the brothers and their respective localities. I actually found it quite easily back then, but now that isn't the case. It would be helpful in showing the letter (including the signatures) to one of my loved ones, with whom I have been able to express my concerns regarding Witness Lee, as well as why I've felt led to meet elsewhere, and to read books by other Christian authors besides Lee. I did show my family member the letter, however without the signatures, I feel it would be dismissed as a fraud, or something someone out there falsely created as a slight against the local churches. Any help you could give me is much appreciated... even additional tidbits of the many red flags of the local churches I could, in love, present to those close to me, would be most helpful, too.

Much love,
Kelly
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:36 AM   #4
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Kelly, a lurker on the forum was kind enough to send this PDF to me and I have attached it to this post. It does contain the signatures of this document.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf EuropeanChurchesDepart1989.pdf (507.2 KB, 420 views)
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
Lisbon

I'm interested in any current info on the situation of the LCs in UK. Anyone know anything?

Lisbon
Lisbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 03:30 AM   #6
curious

I'm looking for related information. Planning to register, but while I am happening through here, I figured I would see if anybody knows anything about the following:

--Any further information about John So besides his testimony when excommunicated. He served in Europe. Any information about his past service, US locality, what happened to him afterwards, etc. Also he mentions digging tunnels in Taiwan. Anybody know what these were for?

--Found some information recently about Heckfield Place in UK. What is the deal with this place? Looks like it's still owned by LR, last managed through Amana Books (as far as I could tell) but it's been under construction forever.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #7
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
--Any further information about John So besides his testimony when excommunicated. He served in Europe. Any information about his past service, US locality, what happened to him afterwards, etc. Also he mentions digging tunnels in Taiwan. Anybody know what these were for?
This should be the tunnel in the basement of hall #3 in the church in Taipei where the kitchen facility was located and expanded to accommodate an influx of trainees.

Don't know about any other tunnels.