Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 05-17-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
allinclusivechrist

Default How to decide?

We know that one of the twelve selected by the Lord was Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him . To be sure, the Lord Jesus knew that Judas would betray Him. I believe that before making His selection, the Lord consulted with the Father in prayer. His appointing of the twelve was actually not the carrying out of His own will. Rather, it was the carrying out of the will of God the Father. I believe that the Father charged Him to select certain ones, including Judas. The Lord made His selection according to the Father’s will. Let us make our decisions by the working of the triune God in our being whatever happens in our life.
allinclusivechrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: How to decide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinclusivechrist View Post
We know that one of the twelve selected by the Lord was Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him . To be sure, the Lord Jesus knew that Judas would betray Him. I believe that before making His selection, the Lord consulted with the Father in prayer. His appointing of the twelve was actually not the carrying out of His own will. Rather, it was the carrying out of the will of God the Father. I believe that the Father charged Him to select certain ones, including Judas. The Lord made His selection according to the Father’s will. Let us make our decision by the working of the triune God in our being whatever happen in our life.
I have been seriously betrayed over the years by some of my close friends.

I guess then that all of my decisions have been according to the working of the Triune God in my being.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #3
Trapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinclusivechrist View Post
We know that one of the twelve selected by the Lord was Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him . To be sure, the Lord Jesus knew that Judas would betray Him. I believe that before making His selection, the Lord consulted with the Father in prayer. His appointing of the twelve was actually not the carrying out of His own will. Rather, it was the carrying out of the will of God the Father. I believe that the Father charged Him to select certain ones, including Judas. The Lord made His selection according to the Father’s will. Let us make our decisions by the working of the triune God in our being whatever happens in our life.

What kind of decisions in our lives are you talking about? We make decisions probably thousands of times a day.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
What kind of decisions in our lives are you talking about? We make decisions probably thousands of times a day.
I make the decision not to respond to this thread. Oh wait, I just did. That shows how good my decisions are!