Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Old 08-13-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
Barnabas

Default 1978 letter from Boston area to WL

A brother from the LC told me about a brother who desired to come back to the LC in the Boston area. The elders said that he signed a letter written to WL and they would not allow him fellowship with the church because of that letter. I did not ask for details, but want to know what was written in the letter that would justify excluding this brother from fellowship. Does anyone have a copy of that letter for me to read? It may be posted on this forum somewhere, but I was unable to find it.
Barnabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:26 AM   #2
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: 1978 letter from Boston area to WL

Well the simplest answer would be to just ask this brother what was in that letter, or maybe he would supply you with a copy?

I would assume it was a letter (circa 1978) from Sal Benoit to Witness Lee concerning the illegalities of the Daystar motorhome loans from the church in Boston, and maybe regarding some of the other shenanigans that went on with Phillip Lee and LSM office. I'm guessing that this letter was signed by a number of other brothers in the Boston area at the time. Of course this is simply speculation on my part.

Here is the infamous taped phone call from Sal Benoit to Witness Lee (apparently Max Rapoport was there in the room listening) I think this letter may contain some of the questions and concerns that Sal brought up during this phone call.

>>>>> https://www.metacafe.com/watch/6800733/wlsl/
-
***Shortly after leaving the Local Church Sal Benoit started a business which is still in operation today: Benoit Language Services Inc.
I would assume you might be able to get a hold of Sal at this business, or at least they could get a message to him.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
Barnabas

Thanks, but the LC Brother did not know what was in the letter written to WL. There is one more brother I know who signed it so I can try to contact him. I know about the tape and what went on there in Boston, and I’m sure that is some of the content of the letter.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:06 PM   #4
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

I'm curious Barnabas, why would you think there is anything is this letter that you already don't already know about Witness Lee, and the atmosphere that was created by Lee and some of his most fervent minions? Do you think it may have covered some "local" matters there in Boston/New England area?
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
Barnabas

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
I'm curious Barnabas, why would you think there is anything is this letter that you already don't already know about Witness Lee, and the atmosphere that was created by Lee and some of his most fervent minions? Do you think it may have covered some "local" matters there in Boston/New England area?
-
The reason I posted this question is to know what in the letter governed the elders in that LC to reject fellowship from a Brother who desired to come back. It is not for the purpose of finding out more information about WL. When the LC brother told me about this he did not seem to be concerned that a brother was not received into fellowship, but I am not willing to accept this without knowing the content of the letter. If I am able to read the letter for myself I will be better equipped to confirm my judgement or be adjusted by the Spirit and thereby know how to share my concern with the LC Brother. Without knowing what the letter states it is all just “hearsay”.

Before I posted this I asked two former members and one recommended I post it on this forum. Since then I have been waiting and hoping that someone will help me. Also I spoke to two other former LC members who were in Boston. One said that he did not even see the letter, but asked his wife to sign it for him. The other was not aware of the letter, even though he was an elder in one of the churches in that region. He returned to his former LC before the letter.

I hope this helps answer your question.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #6
Robert

Hi, Barnabas!
Did You get any link from other threads about letters? There is also fellowship recorded on cassette in 1978 with JI on YT.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote