Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 07-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
FollowHim!

Default Testimony of FollowHim!

I have met in different churches in the past, and just recently I started to meet with the LC. Over the past 4 years, I could say I know the Lord and His life so much better, and am able to shepherd people into the pure joy of Him and His Word. I'm sorry many of these things happened to you, but I just want clarify:

1. In the LC, we don't just read Brother Lee or Watchman Nee's stuff. If you look at brother Lee and Watchman Nee themselves, they read lots of things from other Christian scholars/writers. We do encourage people to seek the Lord for themselves, but not just receive the teachings as from men but not from God.

2. Concerning other churches, I agree we could have more fellowship with other believers. However, the bottom-line is we all agree we are NOT the only churches. When people go to other churches, we bless them and wish them all the best in their spiritual growth. I personally have a number of close friends from other churches and we still fellowship a lot.

3. Different churches in LC could have very different atmosphere. It's His mercy that we could overcome. The lack of mutuality and care could be stumbling, and is certainly not biblical, but I would not say this is general across all the localities. There are some localities, for example, in Taipei, where people REALLY bear one another in love and in truth. The church in Taipei also has good relationship with other Christian groups. Our elders fellowship with their elders very frequently and pray together for the Lord's interest in the country.

I've no theology background and is just a normal believer, so I can't argue with you about all these theological points. However, I can testify my past few years in the LC has been exceedingly enjoyable and fruitful, bringing many people to Christ and growing to love Him and His people more each day. I'm looking forward to the many years to come in Christ and the Church.

Much grace and peace,

Eric
Old 07-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: Testimony of FollowHim!

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your testimony.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:14 AM   #3
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowHim! View Post
I have met in different churches in the past, and just recently I started to meet with the LC. Over the past 4 years, I could say I know the Lord and His life so much better, and am able to shepherd people into the pure joy of Him and His Word. I'm sorry many of these things happened to you, but ... I just want to clarify:
Eric,

My first 4 years in the LC was similar to yours. The next 10-15 years, not so much. I'm always skeptical when "I'm sorry" is followed by a "but...". It would be better if you just said "I'm sorry many of these things happened to you."

Quote:
1. In the LC, we don't just read Brother Lee or Watchman Nee's stuff. If you look at brother Lee and Watchman Nee themselves, they read lots of things from other Christian scholars/writers. We do encourage people to seek the Lord for themselves, but not just receive the teachings as from men but not from God.
Warning: Have you ever heard of the "One Publication" doctrine of Witess Lee? It is detailed on this forum if you care to research it.

Quote:
2. Concerning other churches, I agree we could have more fellowship with other believers. However, the bottom-line is we all agree we are NOT the only churches. When people go to other churches, we bless them and wish them all the best in their spiritual growth. I personally have a number of close friends from other churches and we still fellowship a lot.
Warning: Have you ever heard or read statements by WL wherein he calls other believers "poor and degraded?" This is also detailed on this forum for your research.

Quote:
3. Different churches in LC could have very different atmosphere. It's His mercy that we could overcome. The lack of mutuality and care could be stumbling, and is certainly not biblical, but I would not say this is general across all the localities. There are some localities, for example, in Taipei, where people REALLY bear one another in love and in truth. The church in Taipei also has good relationship with other Christian groups. Our elders fellowship with their elders very frequently and pray together for the Lord's interest in the country.
Warning: The members of this forum represent a broad spectrum of different localities and have testified over and over of the practices in the LC. Most of the testimonies bear witness of the abusive atmosphere, especially in the U.S. ... and most DO HAVE an atmosphere contrary to what you describe.

Warning: "Could be stumbling and not Biblical?" In fact, those who cause stumbling would be better served to have a millstone hung around their necks. "Not Biblical" teachings and/or practices are heresy. This is very serious.

Warning: In your 4 years in the LC, you have learned, as we did, amid the "enjoyment" you experience, to dismiss and/or minimize these warning signs of errant teachings and practices in the LC.

Quote:
I've no theology background and is just a normal believer, so I can't argue with you about all these theological points. However, I can testify my past few years in the LC has been exceedingly enjoyable and fruitful, bringing many people to Christ and growing to love Him and His people more each day. I'm looking forward to the many years to come in Christ and the Church.

Much grace and peace,

Eric
You have no theology background? Get one. Start with the "One Publication". Research it thoroughly and draw your own conclusions.

You would be wise to consider that all is not as it seems in the LC. We ignored and/or dismissed the warning signs...the ones you describe...just as you are doing, and got ourselves into a lot of trouble.

Much grace and peace to you also, Eric.

Nell

Last edited by Nell; 07-07-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #4
DistantStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowHim! View Post
Since the LC was kicked off campus I've not been so active on this forum anymore, but I really need to point this out. Please see the Recovery Version's footnote on Revelations 3:8:

Quote:
The Lord's word is the Lord's expression, and the Lord's name is the Lord Himself. The apostate church has deviated from the Lord's word and become heretical. The reformed church, though recovered to the Lord's word to some extent, has denied the Lord's name by denominating herself, taking many other names, such as Lutheran, Wesleyan, Anglican, Presbyterian, Baptist, etc. The recovered church not only has returned in a full way to the Lord's word but also has abandoned all names other than that of the Lord Jesus Christ. The recovered church belongs to the Lord absolutely, having nothing to do with any denominations (any names). To deviate from the Lord's word is apostasy, and to denominate the church by taking any name other than the Lord's is spiritual fornication. The church, as the pure virgin espoused to Christ (2 Cor. 11:2), should have no name other than her Husband's. All other names are an abomination in the eyes of God. In the recovered church life there are no teachings of Balaam (2:14), no teachings of the Nicolaitans (2:15), no teachings of Jezebel (2:20), and no mysterious doctrines of Satan (2:24); there is only the pure word of the Lord. The recovered church has no denominations (names); it has only the unique name of the Lord Jesus Christ. The deviation from the word to heresies and the exalting of many names other than that of Christ are the most striking signs of degraded Christianity. The return to the pure word from all heresies and traditions and the exalting of the Lord's name by abandoning every other name constitute the most inspiring testimony in the recovered church. This is why the church in the Lord's recovery has the revelation and presence of the Lord and expresses the Lord in a living way, full of light and with the riches of life.
That's the problem: they may respect US, as individuals, going to other churches, but they don't recognize our churches as being true and being part of the Christian Church.

Proverbs 14:12
DistantStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
leastofthese

Thanks for your testimony Eric.

Which locality do you meet with? I'm curious what other scholars/writers you guys read too.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2017, 05:47 AM   #6
Indiana

Thanks brother Eric, it is good to hear from you. If you remain at the fountain of life you will always be a refreshing source for others,

"For with Thee is the fountain of life." ps 36
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote