Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > The Thread of Gold by Jane Carole Anderson

The Thread of Gold by Jane Carole Anderson "God's Purpose, The Cross and Me"

Old 07-12-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
Testing123

Default Jane Anderson Interview

I thought that this would be of interest to many of you: an online audio interview with Jane Carole Anderson. Click here (link).
Testing123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
kisstheson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testing123 View Post
I thought that this would be of interest to many of you: an online audio interview with Jane Carole Anderson. Click here (link).
Amen, dear testing123. Thank you so much for the link.

First of all, it was good to hear what dear sister Jane sounds like in person. That must be a "Texas" accent!

I was very impressed that the two brothers who interviewed sister Jane definitely understood the core message of her book. The Thread of Gold is, first and foremost, a very personal account of a dear sister’s intimate walk with our Lord, through good times and bad times. It is NOT merely an attack on the LC.

Having said that, I was really surprised when the one brother stated that his favorite chapter was “The Axe Laid to the Root”! I never imagined that anyone without direct involvement in the LC would say that! The brother (an ex-Mormon) thought that this chapter could be tremendously useful in setting people free from harmful groups in general, presumably because this chapter encourages the healthy examination of a group’s core teachings.

Lastly, I was very glad to hear that dear sister Jane is working on another book!
Old 09-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Jane Anderson Interview

I just read Jane's book (SO good!), and would love to listen to this interview but the link to listen on their page doesn't seem to be working. Does anyone have a working link to the recording?
Old 09-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #4
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

It seems like this "road to emmaus" website has not been active for many years. Not sure if these guys even monitor the site anymore.

You may want to contact Jane Anderson to see if she has an audio file of this interview. I think there's a good chance she does.

Jane is a forum member and her UserName is Thankful Jane. You can contact her through the Private Messaging system.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:10 PM   #5
bookworm

You can also communicate with Jane at

www.TheThreadOfGold.com

Or

https://lemonstograpes.com/

Last edited by bookworm; 09-11-2019 at 08:10 PM. Reason: wording correction
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote