Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Apologetic discussions

Apologetic discussions Apologetic Discussions Regarding the Teachings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee

Old 05-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
Acolyte4236

Default Hypostases

I ran across this statement from the LC in their dialog with Fuller Seminary. And I am not clear what to make of it. So I am looking for input from former LC members to help me out.

While the statement seems fine, they then seem to take away from it later in the document.

"Yet there are not three Gods, but one God in three hypostases or persons. The Father, the Son, and the Spirit are not three temporal manifestations of the one God; rather, They exist eternally, distinct but not separate from one another."

https://www.lctestimony.org/StatementOfTeachings.html
Acolyte4236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:42 PM   #2
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Hypostases

It is an attempt to reconcile the very strict proclamation that "God is one" and that we worship "one God" while at the same time we worship "the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit".

There are things in this life that are both 3 distinct things, while also being one. To me that is the best analogy. For example, the internet. I have a laptop, somewhere in cyberspace there is a server that I am connected to, and then there is the signal traveling back and forth from my laptop to that server. Typing this post is an example of something that is both 3 and 1.