Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Regional Concerns

Old 12-09-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
Koinonia

Default Kokia House -- Jerusalem

I would like to bring everyone's attention to the latest LC project, currently being touted by LC members on Facebook. It is called Kokia House, and it has just celebrated its grand opening (yesterday) in Jerusalem, including presentations by LC coworkers. This project has been discussed in the LC for the last several years. It is set up as a kind of museum/gallery and hospitality house, an under-the-radar outreach center for the LC. It is a pet project of Andrew Yu and has been financed by Stephen Riady, a LC billionaire from Singapore--who is a regular money bank for various LC schemes.

The museum also features a "documentary" called "The All-Inclusive Land" that is narrated by Chris Wilde. I was actually able to watch this documentary a few days ago when it appeared on Vimeo and was being circulated by LC members on Facebook. However, it was quickly pulled down and is no longer online.

LC members and coworkers have been operating in Israel for a while. For the last number of years, they have operated a travel agency called JJ Travel that runs Lord's-recovery-themed group tours around the Holy Land. This was set up as a money-making venture and business entity to host foreign nationals' (American and Chinese LC members) visas.

The more time passes, the more the LC just looks like any other complicated, mixed-up religious corporation.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #2
JJ

Default Re: Kokia House -- Jerusalem

Yes, I recall this was in planning the year before I left.

JJ Travel? Time to change my handle here
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:23 PM   #3
Koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
The museum also features a "documentary" called "The All-Inclusive Land" that is narrated by Chris Wilde. I was actually able to watch this documentary a few days ago when it appeared on Vimeo and was being circulated by LC members on Facebook. However, it was quickly pulled down and is no longer online.
By the way, I meant to mention--this documentary prominently features the hymn, "Jesus, the All-Inclusive Land," written by our own Jane Carole Anderson.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:51 AM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Yes, I recall this was in planning the year before I left.

JJ Travel? Time to change my handle here
Quote:
By the way, I meant to mention--this documentary prominently features the hymn, "Jesus, the All-Inclusive Land," written by our own Jane Carole Anderson.
It doesn't get any better!

One poster runs the travel accomodations, and one provides theme music.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:56 AM   #5
least

Jerusalem.
Evangelical is able to tell us about the church in Jerusalem?
Hmmm ... Andrew Yu planting a LC in Jerusalem.
No. It's only under-the-radar outreach ...
least is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:03 PM   #6
least

Quote:
Originally Posted by least View Post
Jerusalem.
Evangelical is able to tell us about the church in Jerusalem?
Hmmm ... Andrew Yu planting a LC in Jerusalem.
No. It's only under-the-radar outreach ...
There is a FB video of a quick tour of the inside of Kokia house. As a 'museum' it is very tiny. One room is used to sell souvenirs. There are also photos on FB that showed food and a few tables with chairs for dining.
Looks like a complete JJ tour package cater for LC members.

How does LSM fit its claim of the only 'true church' and 'body', when they are just a 'spy on the good land tour learning centre' in Jerusalem.
Old 12-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Cal

Quote:
An irony worthy of "Black Mirror."

But, honestly, I don't see anything wrong with running a museum in Israel whose intent is to show that the true good land is Jesus.

And "The All-Inclusive Christ" was one of WL's least offensive teachings.

I understand pointing out the hypocrisy of the LCM denouncing Christianity's gospel "gimmicks" while doing the same kind of thing itself. At the same time there is nothing really wrong with using a museum to spread the truth.

Ironically, the willingness of the LCM to do this kind of thing is actually a reform on their part. Welcome to the daunting challenge of getting the gospel out in a sophisticated, ever-changing world.

Now if they just stop bashing Christianity for doing the same kind of things they are now doing.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:11 PM   #8
Koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
An irony worthy of "Black Mirror."
I understand pointing out the hypocrisy of the LCM denouncing Christianity's gospel "gimmicks" while doing the same kind of thing itself. At the same time there is nothing really wrong with using a museum to spread the truth.
Igzy, this is exactly the issue. The LC cannot do all of these things and at the same time claim to be all of the things it claims to be (or claims not to be).
Old 12-11-2016, 01:46 AM   #9
Evangelical

I for one am against these sorts of gimmicks in the LC and do not contribute to them. Also, supporting physical Israel or focusing on physical Israel seems contrary to all of the spiritual realities.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:23 AM   #10
least

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I for one am against these sorts of gimmicks in the LC ...
Thank you Evangelical.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #11
Koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I for one am against these sorts of gimmicks in the LC and do not contribute to them. Also, supporting physical Israel or focusing on physical Israel seems contrary to all of the spiritual realities.
It is so refreshing to hear you say this. Thank you.