Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 02-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
jmloy

Default Greetings and introduction

Hi,

I go by jmloy but my name is Mitch. I'm a neo-pentecostal (trinitarian), a gifted musician, song writer and Bible School teacher. I am currently earning my Master's degree. I'm 53 year's old and I'm dedicated solely to the Lord and His service. I've never been married nor am I interested in it. Praise, worship and principles of the Kingdom of God are the core things that I care about.

I am looking for a home fellowship in Naples, Florida. Does anyone know of any in that area?

Thanks,

Mitch/jmloy
jmloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #2
HERn

Default Re: Greetings and introduction

Hi brother Mitch! how in the world did you find this website? I can personally recommend the principle of marriage.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
jmloy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
Hi brother Mitch! how in the world did you find this website? I can personally recommend the principle of marriage.
I happened upon it by looking for websites for former "Local Churches" or splinter groups. I am trying to find a fellowship in Naples, Florida but haven't found one yet.

I'm not interested in marriage because I want to focus on the Kingdom and building it. Marriage is awesome but I'm not called to it.
jmloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
HERn

OK, that's cool. Most of the time in Christianity when we say local church we mean whatever churches are near you. In the Recovery that term means only those groups who receive LSM publications, and whose elders are recognized by the blended brothers.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:08 AM   #5
Steel
Moderated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
Christ cares for all His sheep in whatever group...
Yes... But there are many sheep in all groups who don't care for Christ as we are called to... And therein lies a difference.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post
Yes... But there are many sheep in all groups who don't care for Christ as we are called to... And therein lies a difference.
I left the LC's because there were far too many in the leadership "who don't care for Christ as we are called to ... And therein lies a difference."

I really wish brother Steel would become a little more familiar with the characters he now defends.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
Koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel View Post
And the same doesn't apply to "the Lord's Recovery"? You and Drake keep telling us that we need to be more forgiving/understanding of "human error." Why does that only apply in your direction?
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote