Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #5001
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
It would be good if you knew who and what was behind your "collective identity" on the LEFT.
Bro Ohio has discovered that the liberals have changed into the LEFT.

And it's true that parties change. Example : Maybe the republicans were once against slavery, but now they have become the RIGHT. And now they are white nationalists, and white supremacists.

The demmies aren't what they use to be, and neither are the pubbies.

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #5002
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Bro Ohio has discovered that the liberals have changed into the LEFT.

And it's true that parties change. Example : Maybe the republicans were once against slavery, but now they have become the RIGHT. And now they are white nationalists, and white supremacists.

The demmies aren't what they use to be, and neither are the pubbies.
I wonder why you have no facts to rebut history, only snarky mockings and insidious claims to deflect.

Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #5003
zeek

Quote:
I wonder why you have no facts to rebut history, only snarky mockings and insidious claims to deflect.
Yeah awareness! Mister Ohio was about to tell us who and what is behind the hated LEFT. He claims special insider priveleged KNOWLEDGE. He's gonna tell us who the Puppet Master is and how he controls the LEFT with his wiles. And you interrupted the flow. Go ahead Ohio give us the BIG REVEAL that puts us in our place. Don't defraud us by withholding the knowledge we need. Of course, Paul said that knowledge puffs up but love builds up. Not sure Paul would approve. But you probably know that too. So don't let awareness distract you hold forth brother! Feed his sheep!

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:01 PM   #5004
awareness

Meet the ‘Exvangelicals’: Young Christians are fleeing the church for getting in bed with Trump

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/mee...ing-bed-trump/

“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge -- even to ourselves -- that we've been so credulous.” - Carl Sagan
Old 12-15-2018, 03:34 AM   #5005
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Meet the ‘Exvangelicals’: Young Christians are fleeing the church for getting in bed with Trump

And they should.

In the church the message must be that Jesus is Lord. Our oneness has nothing to do with your political thoughts, leanings, or how you vote.

If it is shameful for a Christian leader to become a pom pom girl for Trump then it is equally shameful if they did that for Hillary. This demonstrates a complete lack of vision on their part.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:27 AM   #5006
zeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Here is a quote from the LEFT

“Rudeness can be extremely politically useful. There are arguments to be made over who constitutes a valid target, but when crude obscenity is directed at figures of power, their prestige can be tarnished, even in the eyes of the most reverent of subjects,” wrote Amber A'Lee Frost, a co-host of Chapo Trap House, in an essay for Current Affairs. “Caricature is designed to exaggerate, and therefore make more noticeable, people’s central defining qualities, and can thus be illuminating even at its most indelicate.”
Rudeness? Obscenity? So then President Trump must be the King of the LEFT. Or maybe you and Ohio don't think Trump's rude when he says stuff like "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever" to Megyn Kelly.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

Old 12-15-2018, 04:41 AM   #5007
zeek

Quote:

Hardcore Trumpers will dismiss this as fake news. Right Ohio?

Old 12-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #5008
Ohio

Quote:
I wonder why you have no facts to rebut history, only snarky mockings and insidious claims to deflect the facts.
Like I said . . .

Old 12-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #5009
Ohio

One time Democratic Presidential front runner, a total con job, like many of her peers, ran into the Trump Wall of Truth and crashed. As one writer wrote . . .
Quote:
Warren's sins are twofold: she is a shameless cultural appropriator, whose fake claim to native-American ancestry for personal gain has been every bit fraudulent as a high-end art forgery, and outright theft. More egregious, she is the wrong skin color, siphoning 2020 oxygen from the likes of Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, and Michele Obama.

As Howie Carr wrote in the Boston Herald, “What an ignominious end for Harvard Law School’s “first woman of color,” and just because it turned out that Elizabeth Warren’s color was white -- alabaster in fact”.
Once again Trump "baited this basher" into proving her identity. And as PJ Media’s Michael Walsh elaborates on the NY Times Warren hit-piece, partially fingering Donald Trump for Warren’s demise . . .
Quote:
That dastardly Trump, getting the hapless Warren to fall right into his trap! Couldn't she see that simply asserting her native-American identity was enough? That there was no need for DNA tests and all that messy "racial science" when all you had to do was name it and claim it?
Has anyone seen that ever growing list of Trump-bashers who seem to be crashing daily. I have to believe God is still behind the scenes working. Reminds me of God's blessing to Abraham ...
Quote:
I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you. -- Gen 12.3
Say what you will about Trump's past failures, but he definitely has blessed Israel.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:03 AM   #5010
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek View Post
Rudeness? Obscenity? So then President Trump must be the King of the LEFT. Or maybe you and Ohio don't think Trump's rude when he says stuff like "You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever" to Megyn Kelly.
I think that Trump is very rude and has reaped what he has sown. I also think that many on the left are obsessed with attacking all things Trump, and I also think there is a lot of hypocrisy and fake offense at his rudeness from those that are equally rude.

To my knowledge Melania has not been rude to anyone, doesn't stop them from behaving despicably toward her as well.

Likewise, I am not aware of anything Eric has done to deserve the constant spew of insults he gets.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #5011
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
One time Democratic Presidential front runner, a total con job, like many of her peers, ran into the Trump Wall of Truth and crashed. As one writer wrote . . .
Once again Trump "baited this basher" into proving her identity. And as PJ Media’s Michael Walsh elaborates on the NY Times Warren hit-piece, partially fingering Donald Trump for Warren’s demise . . .
This is true. When she claimed to be a native American it seemed quite believable to me, she appeared to look mixed, and she came from Oklahoma, it seemed reasonable. But the DNA test convicts her on several levels. First, she has less native american blood than the average American, if she can make this claim everyone in the US can. Second, as the representatives of Native Americans has pointed out, that is not the test. To claim to be Native American requires that you were raised in that culture. She made this lie as a way to get into Harvard. In my eyes she has been exposed as a bald faced liar. No respect for her.

Quote:
Has anyone seen that ever growing list of Trump-bashers who seem to be crashing daily.
No. I have not seen that list. The only "list" I have seen is the number of Trump associates who have resigned, been fired, been indicted, or pled guilty to crimes.

Quote:
I have to believe God is still behind the scenes working. Reminds me of God's blessing to Abraham ...
Does not remind me of that at all.

Quote:
Say what you will about Trump's past failures, but he definitely has blessed Israel.
Fair enough. Trump has blessed Israel.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:17 AM   #5012
awareness

Okay, you seem to be hung up on me refuting your facts. It's not that I can't refute them, it's that I don't have the will. It seems to be an exercise in futility. But okay, if you insist.

Quote:
How many times did I tell you that all politicians are liars and crooks. If you make that the standard, there would be no leaders.
But Trump is a liar on steroids. In fact, he's credited with the reason for a new Pinocchio rating. Earning the coveted The Bottomless Pinocchio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio
Accusing Trump of being a felon is a serious charge. Now you have become a "compulsive liar" too.
Violations of campaign finance law is a felony. Trump's got two of them : Stormy and McDougal. Sorry. No lying there.

Quote:
Perhaps you are finally starting to get the message?
I know. With all the smoke and mirrors it's hard to see.

Quote:
More lies. Has this become your compulsive habit?
I see you've been taking lessons from Trump : accuse others of what you are doing. Now Trump is calling everyone liars, like Cohen and Comey ; and also Pecker. So who's lying?

Quote:
I really wish you would get your history right. Study the plight of Native Americans and African Americans under the Presidency of Andrew Jackson and the Democratic Party. IF YOU DARE. Read what Jackson did to the Indians. Did you know that not one single Republican ever owned a slave? Both the Northern and the Southern Democrats stood against the emancipation of the Black man in the 13th Amend.
The crimes against Indians and Blacks were NOT committed by "White Man" or "Americans" but the Democrat Party.
This is where it seemed to be an exercise in futility. Your superimposition of your bipolar politics shades your views on history. Since you believe that democrats are bad, and republicans are good, every bad thing in history had to be done by democrats, and every good thing by republicans. I think you're just caught up in confirmation bias and don't recognize it.

As I've pointed out already, that means, that by your bipolar logic, our slaveholding founders must have been democrats. That's how laughable your bipolar view of history is.

And I hate Andrew Jackson. By your bipolar logic that makes me a republican.

Quote:
It's bad enough that your facts of history are all wrong, but when you repeat them they become your lies too.
Okay. You've successfully changed the subject from our lying crooked President to me. Good one bro Ohio.

Quote:
Same goes with Israel and the plight of the Palestinians. It is the Iranians who are committing genocide on the Palestinian people. What Hamas has done to the Gaza strip is horrible. Go ask those people who treats them better, Israel of Hamas.
Now you've struck a nerve. Any Christian that supports or excuses what Israel is doing to the Palestinians, is giving Jesus a bad name, and isn't worth the name Christian.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #5013
Ohio

Bombshell letter from decorated FBI Supervisory Agent written to District Judge Emmet Sullivan, planning to sentence Michael Flynn on Tuesday, exposes FBI and Mueller corruption, specifically that Andrew McCabe went after Michael Flynn as payback revenge.

Former FBI SSA Robyn Gritz’s Letter To Judge Sullivan in Support Of Flynn

Exerpts of letter:

Quote:
Andrew McCabe: I believe I have a unique inside view of the mannerisms surrounding Andrew McCabe, other FBI Executive Management and Former Director Mueller, as well as the unethical and coercive tactics they use, not to seek the truth, but to coerce pleas or admissions to end the pain, as I call it. They destroy lives for their own agendas instead of seeking the truth for the American people. Candor is something that should be encouraged and used by leadership to have necessary and continued improvement. Under Mueller, it was seen as a threat and viciously opposed by those he pulled up in the chain of command.

I am explaining this because numerous Agents have expressed the need for you to know McCabe’s and Mueller’s pattern of “target and destroy” has been utilized on many others, without regard for policies and laws. I, myself, am a casualty of this reprehensible behavior and I have spoken to well over 150 other FBI individuals who are casualties as well.

Unethical and dishonest investigative tactics: Throughout the last year, I have kept abreast of the revelations surrounding anything related to Mike’s case. I believe, from my years at the FBI and in exposing corruption and discrimination, the circumstances surrounding the targeting, investigation, leaking, and coercion of him to plea are all consistent with the unethical process I and many others have witnessed at the FBI. The charge which Mike Flynn plead to was the result of deception, intimidation, and bias/agenda. Simply, Mike is being branded a convicted felon due to an unethical and dishonest investigation by people who were malicious, vindictive, and corrupt. They wished to silence Mike, like they had once silenced me.

The American people have read the Strzok/Page text messages, the conflicting testimony and lack of candor statements of former Director Comey, the perceived overstepping of the reasonable scope of the Special Prosecutor’s investigation, the extensive unethical, untruthful, and outright illegal behavior of Andrew McCabe, to include slanderous statements against Flynn, and the facts found within FOIA released documents and Congressional testimony. As a former/retired Agent, I have combed through every piece of information regarding Mike’s case, as if I was combing through evidence in the hundreds of cases I have successfully handled while in the FBI.

The publicly reported Brady material alone, in this case, outweighs any statement given by any FBI Agent (we now know at least one FD-302 was changed), Special Prosecutor investigator report, and any other party still aggressively seeking that this case remain and be sentenced as a felony. Quite simply, I cannot see justice being served by branding LtG. Michael Flynn a convicted felon, when the truth is still being revealed while policies, ethics, and laws have been violated by those pursuing this case.

We now know all FBI employees involved in Mike Flynn’s case have either been fired, forced to resign or forced to retire because of their excessive lack of candor, punitive biases, leaking of information, and extensive cover-up of their deeds.
I'm not a prophet, but I predict Judge Emmet Sullivan will overturn Flynn's charges, expose Mueller, and initiate a criminal contempt investigation of Flynn's prosecutors in the case.

Last edited by Ohio; 12-15-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #5014
Ohio

Quote:
Has anyone seen that ever growing list of Trump-bashers who seem to be crashing daily.
Quote:
No. I have not seen that list. The only "list" I have seen is the number of Trump associates who have resigned, been fired, been indicted, or pled guilty to crimes.
Here is that interesting list ...

Trump schadenfreude list

The list is growing daily. Some seem a stretch, others are hard to deny.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:45 PM   #5015
Ohio

Quote:
Violations of campaign finance law is a felony. Trump's got two of them : Stormy and McDougal. Sorry. No lying there.
Sorry, but you've been lied to by the media. They deserve this: Earning the coveted The Bottomless Pinocchio.

Obama faced a fine for Campaign Finance violations. Did he pay it?

John Edwards paid off a scandal just like Trump. He beat the charge easily. All Trump has to prove is that he paid the hush money to protect his reputation. But the media has convinced you that Michael Cohen is an honest witness. Good luck with that.

Wait a minute here. What happened to Russian Collusion? What happened to Obstruction of Justice? What happened to vindication for Comey? You and the Media have been crying foul for two years over that. Muller will find Collusion! Muller will find Obstruction! What happened? Tell me who is lying here?

And after all this -- $50 million and two years of Mueller Witch Hunts -- all they got is Stormy and the Bunny? And Stormy has to pay Trump's legal bills? And Avenatti is broke and discredited? So much for creepy Porn Lawyers. And it was you who told me that 98.6% of Lawyers give the rest of them a bad name. You should know better!

Avenatti 2020, your last hope for redemption, has gone down in flames.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #5016
awareness

Quote:

Trump schadenfreude list

Trump's got a lot of tweeting to do to attack everyone on that list ... 10 times harder.

Good. It will keep him busy.

Old 12-15-2018, 04:06 PM   #5017
awareness

Quote:
Sorry, but you've been lied to by the media.
But the media is not lying to you? How is it that you are so special, getting privileged media all others don't get?

Old 12-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #5018
ZNPaaneah

Quote:

Trump schadenfreude list

This is an ugly list. Paul says that love does not keep a record of wrongs. This list demonstrates that Trump and His supporters do not have love, it is a hateful list.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #5019
Ohio

Quote:
But the media is not lying to you? How is it that you are so special, getting privileged media all others don't get?
Here's a guy who has studied history, it's only 4 minutes long . . .

D'Souza spars with student over "white privilege"

awareness, you seem to be interested in the plight of Native Americans and African Americans. You owe it to yourself to research the actual facts of history, and not how history has been rewritten to fit an agenda.

This is essentially what I had to do with church history after I left the LC. I read the actual events of church history, so that I could be purged of the leaven of Lee.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:03 PM   #5020
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Wait a minute here What happened to Russian Collusion? What happened to Obstruction of Justice? What happened to vindication for Comey? You and the Media have been crying foul for two years over that. Muller will find Collusion! Muller will find Obstruction! What happened? Tell me who is lying here?.

Mueller details how Roger Stone, who the special counsel notes was in frequent contact with Donald Trump and senior campaign officials, directed Corsi to connect with WikiLeaks about the trove of stolen materials it received from Russia. Corsi subsequently communicated WikiLeaks’ release plan back to Stone, and the Trump campaign built its final message around the email release. That is collusion.

Second, we now know that Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen and former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn have provided evidence to Mueller related to collusion. In Cohen’s sentencing memo, Mueller said that Cohen provided his office with “useful information” on “Russia-related matters core to its investigation.” One of those central elements, according to the Justice Department: “any links and/or coordination” between the Kremlin and Trump campaign figures. Collusion, in other words.

Third, Mueller has found evidence that Trump was compromised by a hostile foreign power during the election. In his plea deal, Cohen revealed that Trump had repeatedly lied to voters about the then-candidate’s financial ties to Russia. While Trump claimed during the campaign to have no business dealings with Russia, he was negotiating a wildly lucrative business deal not simply with Russian businessmen, but also involving with the Kremlin itself. Trump’s team even reportedly tried to bribe Russian President Vladimir Putin by offering him a $50 million penthouse.
Worse, Russia not only knew that Trump was lying, but when investigators first started looking into this deal, the Kremlin helped Trump cover up what really happened. That made Trump doubly compromised: first, because he was eager to get the financial payout and second because Russia had evidence he was lying to the American people—evidence they could have held over Trump by threatening to reveal at any time.

The Cohen conviction is clear evidence that Trump committed a felony. You cannot instruct someone else to commit a felony for you. Doing that makes you equally culpable.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:12 PM   #5021
Ohio

Quote:
This is an ugly list. Paul says that love does not keep a record of wrongs. This list demonstrates that Trump and His supporters do not have love, it is a hateful list.
You asked for the list, then you apply some false Christian standard to the list, claiming that Trump and his followers "do not have love." Seriously?

This is not an "ugly" list. If your thumb hurts every time you hit it with a hammer, is it now "ugly" to write yourself a note "hold nail with needle nose pliers when hammering."

I don't know who prepared the list, but to claim guilt by association on Trump and all Trump supporters is way out of character for you. I read your post here and thought at first that zeek wrote it.

Shouldn't we learn from history? Is politics now the church? Is it also ugly for the Bible to record the sins of Abraham, David, Paul, or Judas?

Old 12-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #5022
Ohio

Quote:
The Cohen conviction is clear evidence that Trump committed a felony. You cannot instruct someone else to commit a felony for you. Doing that makes you equally culpable.
Seriously?

Michael Cohen is the lawyer here. He is the expert on the law. He went to law school. Trump is a business man. Trump hires lawyers because they know the law. Wiki says about Cohen, "His uncle is a family practitioner who gave medical aid to members of the Lucchese crime family. Before joining the Trump Organization, Cohen had purchased several homes in Trump's buildings. A 2017 New York Times article reported that Cohen is known for having "a penchant for luxury"; he was married at The Pierre, drove a Porsche while attending college, and once owned a Bentley."

Sounds to me like plain old greed got the best of Cohen. Like Manafort, Cohen didn't pay his taxes. Name me one lawyer who illegally records conversations with his client. Cohen is a bad actor. Muller used him, and spit him out.

Now you are telling us that Trump is guilty because his lawyer broke the law.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:37 PM   #5023
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
You asked for the list, then you apply some false Christian standard to the list, claiming that Trump and his followers "do not have love." Seriously?

This is not an "ugly" list. If your thumb hurts every time you hit it with a hammer, is it now "ugly" to write yourself a note "hold nail with needle nose pliers when hammering."

I don't know who prepared the list, but to claim guilt by association on Trump and all Trump supporters is way out of character for you. I read your post here and thought at first that zeek wrote it.

Shouldn't we learn from history? Is politics now the church? Is it also ugly for the Bible to record the sins of Abraham, David, Paul, or Judas?

Look at the list. Most people on it look like they received retribution from either Trump supporters, or Trump cronies because they said some word that Trump didn't like.

Some are absurd. Seriously, Bill Cosby's judgement came on him because he said a bad word about Trump? Absurd.

Others are mean. Someone says a word contrary to Trump and all of a sudden they dig up some "allegation" that is 50 years old. That is worse than what they did to Kavanaugh.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #5024
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Seriously?

Michael Cohen is the lawyer here. He is the expert on the law. He went to law school. Trump is a business man. Trump hires lawyers because they know the law. Wiki says about Cohen, "His uncle is a family practitioner who gave medical aid to members of the Lucchese crime family. Before joining the Trump Organization, Cohen had purchased several homes in Trump's buildings. A 2017 New York Times article reported that Cohen is known for having "a penchant for luxury"; he was married at The Pierre, drove a Porsche while attending college, and once owned a Bentley."

Sounds to me like plain old greed got the best of Cohen. Like Manafort, Cohen didn't pay his taxes. Name me one lawyer who illegally records conversations with his client. Cohen is a bad actor. Muller used him, and spit him out.

Now you are telling us that Trump is guilty because his lawyer broke the law.

Yes, seriously. If the "Don" orders a hit, he cannot then claim, hey my hit man was trained by the US military and was an expert. You cannot direct an employee to commit a crime, and then pretend to not be responsible or know about it.

A jury is now going to have to decide if Trump's decision to hide this right before the election was to protect his family, his business, or his political ambition. Cohen's testimony, the Enquirer's testimony and the timeline all would move me to see this as a crime. The many falsehoods spoken by Trump would definitely damage his credibility to me.

I cannot possibly believe that Cohen and the National Enquirer would do this without Trump being a knowing beneficiary.

The fact that Cohen was a lawyer ("an expert of the law") eliminates any pretense of "oops, my mistake, didn't know".
Old 12-15-2018, 07:58 PM   #5025
Ohio

Quote:
Look at the list. Most people on it look like they received retribution from either Trump supporters, or Trump cronies because they said some word that Trump didn't like.
I saw them as reaping what they sowed, yet what they sowed was hidden from sight, so they often escaped the reaper, that is, until they crossed the line and bashed Trump.

How else explain it? Read the list. If conservatives decide not to support a certain entertainer, is that really "retribution?"

Old 12-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #5026
awareness

Quote:
Here's a guy who has studied history, it's only 4 minutes long . . .

D'Souza spars with student over "white privilege"
Is that where you get your inside infomation? D'Souza? That explains it.

Quote:
awareness, you seem to be interested in the plight of Native Americans and African Americans. You owe it to yourself to research the actual facts of history, and not how history has been rewritten to fit an agenda.
It's not like I don't know that the slave states were democrats. I realized that the demmies were bad. And not great today either.

But now, today, the slaves states are mostly republican.

I saw that happen to my extended family. Back before they were driven out of between the rivers -- by JFK, btw -- they were democrats. Now they're all Fox News republicans.

I know Kentucky didn't secede from the union, but they sure had plenty of Jim Crow laws, and Black Code laws, back when they were democrats. Now they're republicans that don't like blacks. The democrats today? Not so much.

By the way, you've been insulting my ancestors. My daddy was a democrat. But would have switched over president Blackenstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiio
This is essentially what I had to do with church history after I left the LC. I read the actual events of church history, so that I could be purged of the leaven of Lee.
I've been repeatedly impressed with your study of recent church history, other than that of Lee, or even of Miller's Church History, that Lee thought a lot of.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:13 PM   #5027
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
I saw them as reaping what they sowed, yet what they sowed was hidden from sight, so they often escaped the reaper, that is, until they crossed the line and bashed Trump.

How else explain it? Read the list. If conservatives decide not to support a certain entertainer, is that really "retribution?"

Reap what they sowed? I thought this was a country where you had the right to have your own opinion about the leaders (ie democratically elected representatives). Now that becomes "reaping what they sowed" if they disagree with the elected official? When did the US become Nazi Germany?
Old 12-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #5028
Ohio

Quote:
Yes, seriously. If the "Don" orders a hit, he cannot then claim, hey my hit man was trained by the US military and was an expert. You cannot direct an employee to commit a crime, and then pretend to not be responsible or know about it.
Terrible example. Far more people have died as a result of the Clintonistas. Name me one person who has died suspiciously or disappeared because of Trump. I could post lists of suspicious Clinton deaths, but obviously "lists" don't work well here.

Lawyers like Cohen are supposed to abide by the law. I guess that's too difficult to understand.

Comparing Trump to a mafia Don is way out of line, but understandable, knowing today's media climate.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #5029
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
It's not like I don't know that the slave states were democrats. I realized that the demmies were bad. And not great today either.

The issue is that the leaders are afraid to speak the truth. The Democrats appeal to the bottom two thirds of the country, but it is a major disinformation campaign. For the last 100 years they have been doing their best to keep the US from going Socialist. We are run by big business and corporate interests, so the Democrats are there to placate the masses and keep them from going socialist. Obamacare is a socialist agenda (no accident that it is being undone). Bernie is a socialist agenda (look at how the Democrats stabbed him in the back). Ocasio is a socialist. The socialists have been gaining ground inch by hard fought inch. It is amazing how little progress they have made given the superficial appearance of a democracy. (If the poorest 2/3 knew what was going on they would vote for a socialist agenda).

1. Turn off the poorest people from voting.
2. Destroy public education with the wonderfully coined "no child left behind" policy.

3. Arrest as many poor as possible, giving them felonies and disqualifying them from voting.

4. Allow unlimited campaign funds so that the rich have a bigger voice
and
5. lie, lie, lie.

Hillary Clinton knows exactly what the deal is.

But the lies are equally on the Republicans side. Trump is all gung ho for a wall and yet has an undocumented worker making his bed. Doesn't seem to make sense till you really understand the meaning of the wall: Don't complain about how I am treating you or else I'll deport you.

It is major corporations and Republican backers that bring in the illegal aliens to "do the jobs Americans don't want to do". But they need strict immigration laws to prevent these workers from thinking they have rights.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #5030
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Terrible example. Far more people have died as a result of the Clintonistas. Name me one person who has died suspiciously or disappeared because of Trump. I could post lists of suspicious Clinton deaths, but obviously "lists" don't work well here.

Lawyers like Cohen are supposed to abide by the law. I guess that's too difficult to understand.

Comparing Trump to a mafia Don is way out of line, but understandable, knowing today's media climate.
I was making fun of his being called "the Don". Once again you are under the misguided thought that if the Clinton's killed 10 people then it is OK for Trump to kill one person.

We don't measure crimes by "are they better or worse than the Clinton's crimes".
Old 12-16-2018, 04:25 AM   #5031
Ohio

Quote:
I was making fun of his being called "the Don". Once again you are under the misguided thought that if the Clinton's killed 10 people then it is OK for Trump to kill one person.

We don't measure crimes by "are they better or worse than the Clinton's crimes".
That's right. Clinton's get away with murder, and no one calls them a Crime Family. But all their people go after Trump, and the Media names him a "Don," and it becomes a joke, of sorts. Didn't someone say that if we repeat a big lie often enough, people will believe it?

Old 12-16-2018, 04:37 AM   #5032
Ohio

Quote:
The issue is that the leaders are afraid to speak the truth. The Democrats appeal to the bottom two thirds of the country, but it is a major disinformation campaign. For the last 100 years they have been doing their best to keep the US from going Socialist. We are run by big business and corporate interests, so the Democrats are there to placate the masses and keep them from going socialist. Obamacare is a socialist agenda (no accident that it is being undone). Bernie is a socialist agenda (look at how the Democrats stabbed him in the back). Ocasio is a socialist. The socialists have been gaining ground inch by hard fought inch. It is amazing how little progress they have made given the superficial appearance of a democracy. (If the poorest 2/3 knew what was going on they would vote for a socialist agenda).
Hitler was a Socialist. He led the National Socialist Workers Party.

Give me one example where Socialism has helped people? And don't tell me Scandinavia, because they are all Capitalistic countries with Social programs.

Give me one example where Socialism did not become a dictatorship?

Capitalism does have rich and poor, Socialism only has poor. Dirt poor. Read your history. And the poor in the US are the richest "poor" n the world.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:46 AM   #5033
Ohio

Quote:
Is that where you get your inside infomation? D'Souza? That explains it.

I saw that happen to my extended family. Back before they were driven out of between the rivers -- by JFK, btw -- they were democrats. Now they're all Fox News republicans.
You should study the causes. It's not Fox News. JFK Democrats are now Republicans. Perhaps they discovered who the Dems really were.

You write off D'Sousa, yet can't refute his message. That's telling.

Reminds me of people who reject the Bible cause it's "all lies."

Old 12-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #5034
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
That's right. Clinton's get away with murder, and no one calls them a Crime Family.

Not true. You call them a crime family and you are somebody. Don't let anyone tell you that you are a no one.

Quote:
But all their people go after Trump, and the Media names him a "Don," and it becomes a joke, of sorts. Didn't someone say that if we repeat a big lie often enough, people will believe it?

"The Donald" was a very big media whore from his youth. The term "the Don" was given to him by his friends -- most notably Howard Stern. Blame Trump and his friends.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:23 AM   #5035
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Hitler was a Socialist.

Bernie Madoff was a capitalist.

Quote:
He led the National Socialist Workers Party.

Give me one example where Socialism has helped people? .

1. Police Department -- socialist program.
2. Fire department -- socialist program
3. Public school -- socialist program
4. Medicare and Medicaid -- socialist program
5. Highway system -- socialist program
6. Mass transit -- socialist program
7. Public TV -- socialist program (this includes the local TV stations that every American can broadcast on)

Quote:
And don't tell me Scandinavia, because they are all Capitalistic countries with Social programs.

That is idiotic. That is like saying "tell me one time when the brakes helped people and don't tell me cars because they have an accelerator".

Quote:
Give me one example where Socialism did not become a dictatorship?

Capitalism does have rich and poor, Socialism only has poor. Dirt poor. Read your history. And the poor in the US are the richest "poor" n the world.

Once again this is clueless. Capitalism is a very important component of an economy, but a pure capitalist society without any socialist programs is inhumane. I am not for a "pure socialist" program, nor am I for a "pure capitalist" system.

I see a need for a little of each -- capitalism is critical for the stock market and business. Socialism is critical to make sure we don't worship the almighty dollar but rather keep in mind what the priorities of any society is which is its people. Finally, there still needs to be some "communism". Public parks, and other things need to be held in common by all.

If you understand that then you can see there isn't a single successful first world nation that doesn't have socialist programs.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:03 AM   #5036
awareness

Quote:
Yeah, telling that he's a convicted felon, and a dark skinned immigrant version of Ann Coulter, and a conspiracy theorist.

And is prolly where you get your crazy conspiracies like, Obama is a Muslim, or Moooooslem, and was born in Kenya.

Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM   #5037
zeek

Quote:
You should study the causes. It's not Fox News. JFK Democrats are now Republicans. Perhaps they discovered who the Dems really were.

Reminds me of people who reject the Bible cause it's "all lies."
D'Sousa's message? That includes mocking the survivors of the Parkland High School mass shooting. Why do you like vicious people Mister Ohio? What does that say about you?

Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #5038
Ohio

Quote:
D'Sousa's message? That includes mocking the survivors of the Parkland High School mass shooting. Why do you like vicious people Mister Ohio? What does that say about you?
At least now I understand that your hatred is not just directed at Trump, but any and all conservatives, including myself.

Classic virtue signaling, perfected by zeek.

Are you not vicious for supporting abortion? That's real "vicious," not just some D'Sousa tease. Your support for abortion is worst than the Holocaust! What does that say about you?

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #5039
zeek

Quote:
At least now I understand that your hatred is not just directed at Trump, but any and all conservatives, including myself.

Classic virtue signaling, perfected by zeek.

Are you not vicious for supporting abortion? That's real "vicious," not just some D'Sousa tease. Your support for abortion is worst than the Holocaust! What does that say about you?
I challenge you to look on this thread or any other ones on this entire website and find where I have supported abortion.

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #5040
Ohio

Quote:
I challenge you to look on this thread or any other ones on this entire website and find where I have supported abortion.
Easy. You support everyone who supports abortion. You oppose everyone who might oppose it. You are an accomplice. You cannot hide.

Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM   #5041
zeek

Duplicate post

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM   #5042
zeek

Quote:
Easy. You support everyone who supports abortion. You oppose everyone who might oppose it. You are an accomplice. You cannot hide.
Let's see who's hiding. My name is Ken Gemmer. What's yours?

Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM   #5043
Ohio

Quote:
Yeah, telling that he's a convicted felon, and a dark skinned immigrant version of Ann Coulter, and a conspiracy theorist.

And is prolly where you get your crazy conspiracies like, Obama is a Muslim, or Moooooslem, and was born in Kenya.
If the facts of history support my comments, why do you dismiss them as "crazy conspiracies?" Then who is "crazy?"

But I'll take your bait this time concerning Obama. His father was a Muslam. I don't know where Obama was born, but Documents Experts have proven that both his Birth Certificate and Selective Service papers are frauds. Sorry if this truth is offensive to you.

Back to American history. Dinish D'Sousa is not a convicted felon, and has no record. It is your own racial prejudice that denigrates him as a "dark skinned immigrant." Sounds racist and xenophobic to me.

Since you reject historians who are immigrant men of color, here is another who is an American woman of color, providing indicting evidence about the Democrats . . .

The Inconvenient Truth about the Democratic Party

Old Yesterday, 04:53 PM   #5044
awareness

Quote:
If the facts of history support my comments, why do you dismiss them as "crazy conspiracies?" Then who is "crazy?"
Good question. But your conspiracies aren't facts of history.

Quote:
But I'll take your bait this time concerning Obama. His father was a Muslam. I don't know where Obama was born, but Documents Experts have proven that both his Birth Certificate and Selective Service papers are frauds. Sorry if this truth is offensive to you.
So like Trump you're a birther. But Trump failed to prove it. And I suspect your "experts" failed as well. Seems the truth is "for some reason" offensive to you.

Quote:
Dinish D'Sousa is not a convicted felon, and has no record.
Have you forgotten that we've got Wiki :

"On May 20, 2014 D'Souza pleaded guilty to one felony count of making illegal contributions in the names of others.[152] On September 23, 2014, the court sentenced D'Souza to five years probation, eight months in a halfway house (referred to as a "community confinement center") and a $30,000 fine."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh...on,_and_pardon

Quote:
It is your own racial prejudice that denigrates him as a "dark skinned immigrant." Sounds racist and xenophobic to me.
Precisely. I wanted to you to speak out against it. That means you are against Trump's racist and xenophobic immigration policies. I'm glad you agree that racism and xenophobia are wrong.

Quote:
Since you reject historians who are immigrant men of color, here is another who is an American woman of color, providing indicting evidence about the Democrats . . .

The Inconvenient Truth about the Democratic Party
My answer to the opening question : "When you think of racial equality and civil rights, which party comes to mind? is, Republican.

Why? because what I see out of the parties today. I didn't live in the 19th century. I go by what I see today.

Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #5045
zeek

Quote:
Good question. But your conspiracies aren't facts of history.

So like Trump you're a birther. But Trump failed to prove it. And I suspect your "experts" failed as well. Seems the truth is "for some reason" offensive to you.

Have you forgotten that we've got Wiki :

"On May 20, 2014 D'Souza pleaded guilty to one felony count of making illegal contributions in the names of others.[152] On September 23, 2014, the court sentenced D'Souza to five years probation, eight months in a halfway house (referred to as a "community confinement center") and a $30,000 fine."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh...on,_and_pardon

Precisely. I wanted to you to speak out against it. That means you are against Trump's racist and xenophobic immigration policies. I'm glad you agree that racism and xenophobia are wrong.

My answer to the opening question : "When you think of racial equality and civil rights, which party comes to mind? is, Republican.

Why? because what I see out of the parties today. I didn't live in the 19th century. I go by what I see today.
D'Souza is a wily provocateur and now Trump apologist who weaponizes the historical reversals of the Democratic and Republican parties over time in the service of Trumpism. And why not? Trump pardoned him after he pleaded guilty for a felony.

If you think that Clinton and the Republican Congress put an end to welfare as we know it in the 90s D'Souza says you've got another think coming. His goal is "to complete Abraham Lincoln's agenda of shutting down the Democratic plantation which keeps people of color in bondage." Translation: He would deny people of color any kind of public benefits.

D'Souza is a master of falsehoods, rhetorical sleight-of-hand, goalpost shifting and other bad faith arguments capable of baffling the average liberal with his non-stop BS. D'Souza is a bit like what Lying Donald would be if he had 40 more IQ points was capable of reading college-level history books.

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #5046
zeek

If Trump shuts down the government this weekend will he play golf while secret service service agents guard him without pay?

Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #5047
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
If Trump shuts down the government this weekend will he play golf while secret service service agents guard him without pay?

Secret Service is exempt.
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #5048
awareness

Quote:
Secret Service is exempt.
From what I gather they aren't.

Old Today, 06:11 AM   #5049
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
From what I gather they aren't.
They are required to stay on the job, they have to wait to get paid though. So they aren't furloughed, they continue to work and they will get paid for that work once the govt is back up and running.

For example, the U.S. Secret Service agents protecting Drumpf and his family would not be paid during a shutdown. Transportation Security Agency personnel working at airports through the holiday season would also stay on the job during a shutdown, but they’d also have to wait to get paid.