Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Apologetic discussions

Apologetic discussions Apologetic Discussions Regarding the Teachings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee

Old 05-07-2018, 07:38 AM   #1
Drake

Default Re: Poor, poor Christianity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Kevin, you are exactly right. Their saying to "love the Christian hate the system," is merely a ruse.

I've used this example before. It's kind of like me telling my dear wife:

"Honey, I love you, but I hate the way you talk, I hate the way you walk, I hate the way you cook, I hate the way you sing, I hate the way you dress, and btw I hate your family too.

But, honey, I do love you."
Now there’s an example of a man who lives dangerously.

But your analogy is not similar enough to really apply. In your analogy, you and your dear wife are living in the same house, under the same roof, sharing everything, having the same goals, caring for the same children or spoiling the same grandchildren. That would be more similar to a local church where you know what to say and how to say it because you know the people.

A domestic analogy that is more representative would be a Home Owners Association (HMO). As neighbors you would not hate the people but you would point out non-compliance to the HMO. You might try to help them by showing them where they have gone awry. By doing so they might think you hate them but you don’t.

No analogy is ever perfect.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Now there’s an example of a man who lives dangerously.

But your analogy is not similar enough to really apply. In your analogy, you and your dear wife are living in the same house, under the same roof, sharing everything, having the same goals, caring for the same children or spoiling the same grandchildren. That would be more similar to a local church where you know what to say and how to say it because you know the people.

No analogy is ever perfect.

Drake
But are not all of us Christians part of the same family, with the same Father, with the same brothers and sisters, with the same life and nature, with the same Lord, part of the same bride of the Lamb, with the same Bible which tells us there is "one body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father."

No analogy is perfect, but mine is sure better than yours.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
But are not all of us Christians part of the same family, with the same Father, with the same brothers and sisters, with the same life and nature, with the same Lord, part of the same bride of the Lamb, with the same Bible which tells us there is "one body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father."

No analogy is perfect, but mine is sure better than yours.
I still like mine better.

Yet, if the worshipers of Beyonce or those listed by Evangelical were living by the same life and nature then they wouldn't be worshiping Beyonce... would they?

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I still like mine better.

Yet, if the worshipers of Beyonce or those listed by Evangelical were living by the same life and nature then they wouldn't be worshiping Beyonce... would they?

Drake
Nor Witness Lee either!

Christ, only Christ!

Tags
poor