Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
ps8602

I was saved around the age of 16 and during the next few years had little to do with the Christian life. At the age of 19 I came into contact with a number of Christians from different denominations and at that time gave myself to follow the Lord. The common talk amongst us was that we were all Christians and did not consider ourselves as denominated believers. This is how I came to the understanding that I was a believer and that there was only one church.

Within a couple of months the Lord brought me into contact with those in the ‘local churches’ and I have met with the same core group of believers ever since. During the past five or six years I have been touched greatly concerning my relationship with the believers I know and as a direct result of the one publishing edict, the quarantine of ‘Titus and some of his co-workers’ and the attitude of many in the churches I was in contact with I became enlightened as to the true state of many of the ‘local churches.’ My vision has not changed concerning the Lord’s desire for the believers to be one however my understanding of how to practice the oneness has drastically changed.

I can testify that there is a church life outside of the LSM realm and this church life is full of the experiences of Christ and filled with an atmosphere of fellowship with many believers.

I have been lurking around the Berean website and posted a couple of dozen times, nothing recently. I became a member of this website a couple of months ago and have been reading some of the posts. My desire in joining this site is to fellowship with others who were/are connected to LSM in order to continue to enhance our Christian lives.

There is a lot more I could say, however this is just a short introduction of myself. I plan to take a more active role in some of the threads, however my main burden is fellowship with some who are desirous to seek the Lord in these days.

Loving Him,

Dennis

Last edited by ps8602; 08-03-2008 at 06:20 PM.
ps8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Former LC member

Default Greetings

Hello and welcome Dennis! I like your attitude towards the believers regardless of where they meet. There seem to be others here with the same view, so you should find good fellowship.
Former LC member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
finallyprettyokay

Dennis:

Welcome!!!! It's a wild and crazy place!!!!

Look forward to hearing more from you -------

finallyprettyokay
finallyprettyokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
Guest1

Amen brother Dennis.. looking forward to fellowship with you.. I guess we are all newbies here ..
Colossians 1:14 In Whom We have Redemption through His Blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Guest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Hope

Default Re: A Brief And Simple Introductory Statement - Dennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps8602 View Post
I was saved around the age of 16 and during the next few years had little to do with the Christian life. At the age of 19 I came into contact with a number of Christians from different denominations and at that time gave myself to follow the Lord...
Hello Brother Dennis,

I just now read this post. It is wonderful. Thank you for joining this forum. I so appreciate you testimony. I look forward to more fellowship.

Hope, Don Rutledge
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote