Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > Polemic Writings of Nigel Tomes

Old 02-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
Ohio

Default Re: Setting the Mind on the Spirit - The Vanishing Verb

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslearning View Post
This like of thing seems way too "spiritual" for me. If you're a doctor doing open heart surgery what does this kind of thing look like in application? Shouldn't you be setting your mind on the surgery?

Isn't real life more like before going in you might say a short prayer: "Lord I'm going in to do this surgery. Thank you for giving me a mind that could learn and practice medicine. I know I have the skill and knowledge to do it but I still want to ask you to be with me and give me wisdom. Give me patience with the nurses and other staff. Keep me humble under your guiding hand." And then you go in and focus 100% on the task at hand and give it everything you have to succeed?
I watched the movie, "The Day Reagan Was Shot," and that is exactly what happened. These two Christian trauma surgeons prayed a short prayer as they were prepping for his surgery. The results were both miraculous and historical. Very few people realized that President Reagan, under "normal" circumstances, should have died. He was hit by a small caliber bullet and was hemorrhaging, the bullet just mm's from his heart, yet he felt no pain.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
Cal

Default Re: Setting the Mind on the Spirit - The Vanishing Verb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I watched the movie, "The Day Reagan Was Shot," and that is exactly what happened. These two Christian trauma surgeons prayed a short prayer as they were prepping for his surgery. The results were both miraculous and historical. Very few people realized that President Reagan, under "normal" circumstances, should have died. He was hit by a small caliber bullet and was hemorrhaging, the bullet just mm's from his heart, yet he felt no pain.
That was the time Reagan looked up at those who were about to operate on him and said, "I hope you are Republicans."

He was one of a kind.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote