Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching

Old 11-06-2017, 07:35 AM   #1
awareness

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
I'm surprised an "alternative" someone such as yourself is going with the "it's not in the bible argument" when you know there are so many overlays Christianity has on the Bible. Even the concepts of New Testament and Old Testament, "age of grace" etc are overlays. The verse and chapter numbering is also overlays, and they also play a part in how the bible is interpreted. The term "faith alone" is also an overlay, given to us by the MOTA Luther and Calvin. But no verse in the bible saying that, ZNP was unable to produce it. There's even a "pagan" overlay coming up very soon - Christ mass. Christmas is a pagan overlay really on a concept the bible is silent about ( and we know that Jews did not celebrate birthdays, so trying to portray the nativity scene as Christ's first birthday celebration is naive).

We can even find overlays within the bible itself. Now here is one for you bible fundamentalists out there (awareness and myself included )
Where in the Bible did Jesus ever say "saved by grace" or even use the word grace in a teaching, parable or conversation? The simple fact is that Jesus never taught or spoke about grace, as revealed in the 4 gospels. So the concept of grace in the Paul's letters was actually an overlay onto the gospels. Overlays, overlays, everywhere.
Hey bro Evangelical, good argument, and so true. Being an alternative viewer I could go into the early other gospels, with overlays such as Peter resurrecting a tuna fish, or his shadow having healing powers.

I guess we could say that, in the end Christianity is made up of overlays and interpolations ... and Nee and Lee came up with some new whoppers. Now that's a Recovery of The Church ; and Recovering back to the days of no overlays ... NOT!

So the local church doesn't celebrate the overlay of Christmas, but do honor the overlays of the vision of the age, ministry of the age, and minister of the age? Overlay selection and preference? Prejudice against one and not the others?

I'm laughing as much about the MOTA teachings as I did when I learned of the Blended Brothers ... that undermine and negate the MOTA doctrine ... by the way. I guess, maybe, that they are The Recovery of the church, recovering from their own blunders, of the MOTA doctrine overlay. But, oddly, that's a new overlay ; where is the term Blended Brothers in the scripture? Not even the disciples, who were most blended with Jesus, used that term.

Tell the truth : Lee's local church movement is full of laughable absurd overlays and interpolations on the scripture ... they even have a term for it. They call them footnotes.

And OH! brother. You forgot to give me a term of endearment.

Last edited by awareness; 11-06-2017 at 08:06 AM.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #2
Evangelical

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Hey bro Evangelical, good argument, and so true. Being an alternative viewer I could go into the early other gospels, with overlays such as Peter resurrecting a tuna fish, or his shadow having healing powers.

I guess we could say that, in the end Christianity is made up of overlays and interpolations ... and Nee and Lee came up with some new whoppers. Now that's a Recovery of The Church ; and Recovering back to the days of no overlays ... NOT!

So the local church doesn't celebrate the overlay of Christmas, but do honor the overlays of the vision of the age, ministry of the age, and minister of the age? Overlay selection and preference? Prejudice against one and not the others?

I'm laughing as much about the MOTA teachings as I did when I learned of the Blended Brothers ... that undermine and negate the MOTA doctrine ... by the way. I guess, maybe, that they are The Recovery of the church, recovering from their own blunders, of the MOTA doctrine overlay. But, oddly, that's a new overlay ; where is the term Blended Brothers in the scripture? Not even the disciples, who were most blended with Jesus, used that term.

Tell the truth : Lee's local church movement is full of laughable absurd overlays and interpolations on the scripture ... they even have a term for it. They call them footnotes.

And OH! brother. You forgot to give me a term of endearment.
Here's another -"church service", the term is not found in the Bible. Wait a minute, I just noticed you have capitalized Blended Brothers.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #3
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
Here's another -"church service", the term is not found in the Bible. Wait a minute, I just noticed you have capitalized Blended Brothers.
Okay. I'll call you Blended Brother.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #4
Evangelical

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Okay. I'll call you Blended Brother.
Lower case is better, e.g. blended brother. But I'm a blending brother as I am not blended enough yet.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote