Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Spiritual Abuse Titles

Spiritual Abuse Titles Spiritual abuse is the mistreatment of a person who is in need of help, support or greater spiritual empowerment, with the result of weakening, undermining or decreasing that person's spiritual empowerment.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
djohnson

Default Re: The LCS Factor

countmeworhty I agree that it must be difficult which is why I continue to ask the question: knowing it is so difficult why would a leader (or anyone) who sincerely wants to leave the LCS simply duplicate it down the street? Would that not add to the difficulty?

Perhaps I could use another illustration: suppose I immigrant from India to the U.S.A. and declare that I really want to leave my Indian culture behind and become immersed in America. But when I arrive I move to an Indian community, I befriend other Indians, I don't learn English, I don't apply for citizenship, etc. In essence what have I done? Moved geography and nothing else. Is it a difficult process? Undoubtedly. But my way of going about leaving what I say I want to leave is not making any easier is it?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Hope

dJ,

Got it. Just as I always suspected. Nothing and no associations can remain that can be identified with the local churches and WL etc. A totally brand new look and culture is the goal for all former members .

1) Join an existing Christian group

2) Separate yourself from all former associates

3) Never use any terms from the old culture

4) Join officially a mainline or clearly identifiable traditional Christian group

5) All remnants of the old culture, that is local church, disappear.

You might consider the following verses:
1 Cor 4:2-4, But to me it is a very small thing that I should be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself . NASB

John 7:24, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." NASB

Fortunately, we live unto the Lord and Romans 14 applies to myself and to all former members. Rom 14:7-11, For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God. NASB

Hope, Don Rutledge
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
countmeworhty I agree that it must be difficult which is why I continue to ask the question: knowing it is so difficult why would a leader (or anyone) who sincerely wants to leave the LCS simply duplicate it down the street? Would that not add to the difficulty?
What was toxic that Don duplicated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson View Post
The issue I am trying to address is those who claim to have left the LCS and yet in fact remain "there" for all intent and purposes.
This is worth addressing. But you go too far by accusing Don of being one of these people. At the very least you should broach the issue with a little more sensitivity, if only because Don is probably your senior. (Sorry, Don.)
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
djohnson

Igzy I don't recall saying Hope had to detox or go through therapy I think that was a new poster a while back who suggested that. Nor do I know how old Hope is. I am addressing a very simple issue: those (not just Hope) who say they have left the LCS and in actuality have not i.e. the gap between what they say they have done and what they have in fact done.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
djohnson

Hope I think item one on your list might have been a good starting point!