Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Blogosphere @ LocalChurchDiscussions

Blogosphere @ LocalChurchDiscussions Each Blog is it's own thread. Please only one Blog per user! Guests are welcome to start their own Blog - Simply hit "New Thread" and Blog away!

Old 07-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
countmeworthy

Default My communion and connection with the Triune God

The mention of the 'processed Triune God' in a recent post, triggered me to share my journey and experience of coming to know GOD, as Father God, as God the Son, the Word Who became flesh, Lord Jesus Christ and as God the Holy Spirit.

Let me begin by saying, I have no recollection whatsoever on the teaching of the Processed Triune God Lee taught. I do remember the water analogy. Ice, liquid and Vapor. Did he come up with it? I Don't know but I have heard that analogy made by other preachers. That's as much as I remember any teaching on the Triune God.

So what I am sharing is simply my story, my experience and what the Holy Spirit revealed TO ME. It is not intended to preach/teach on the 'Triune God'.

I'm going to start from where I am now and then how I arrived.

In just the last few weeks, I 'met' my Heavenly Father. I am beside myself with Joy. I 'met' the Holy Spirit on or about 2010. And I 'met' Jesus in 1975.

From 1975 - 2010, I did not address my prayers to the Holy Spirit. Once in a while I would pray 'Our Father Who art in heaven..' I prayed that prayer with a sincere heart from my spirit.

From 1975 -2010, I prayed and fellowshipped with the Lord Jesus, knowing that I was also addressing the Father and the Holy Spirit but not paying much attention to them. In fact I did not realize the Father and the Holy Spirit were becoming more and more obscure to me.

Around 2010, I came across a life changing message on God the Holy Spirit. Who He is. His Power.

I began speaking/praying to the Person of the Holy Spirit. I felt awkward at first and even timid. I told the Holy Spirit this. I felt 'weird' talking to the Holy Spirit and not the Lord Jesus (although I was talking to the Lord Jesus and the Father too. They are ONE after all).

Little by little, I began feeling comfortable addressing the Holy Spirit when I prayed. After all God IS SPIRIT. As I read the scriptures and came across the words "Spirit" and the "Holy Spirit" I received new and fresh revelation. I began to understand WHO He is in the Godhead and what His role is. Thus my communion with the Lord changed for the better when I began talking to the Holy Spirit. Btw, I did not stop talking/addressing the Lord Jesus in my prayers either. I interchanged the Name as I prayed. Sometimes Holy Spirit. Sometimes Lord Jesus.

I somehow now know in my spirit Who to address when I pray. Of course it is not cut and dry or set in stone who I address. And I am super clear, God the Holy Spirit is EQUAL to the Son and EQUAL to the Father.

Now to the Father. He has been obscure to me all my life. As a child I loved Jesus. I believed in God the Father and God the Holy Spirit but they were a mystery. So either I prayed 'Dear God' or 'Dear Jesus'. In the LC I remember John Smith praying to the Father in our prayer meetings. I paid attention to his spirit. Everyone else prayed O LORD. O LORD JESUS AND LORD JESUS... that included me.

I remember the saints in the LC mocking those in 'poor, poor Christianity' who prayed 'in the Name of Jesus'.

When I started going to 'church' I heard most people pray to the Father 'in the Name of Jesus'. It bothered me. In part because of what I recalled what I heard in the LC and then as I matured in the Lord, it seemed to me they did not know the Lord Jesus. I was reminded of Matthew 7:22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and in Your Name cast out demons, and in Your Name perform many miracles?’

In whose Name where they prophesying and casting out demons? Not in the name of ABC.. Mohammed, Allah, Buddah etc. It was in the Name of Jesus. And those demons were cast out! They prophesied and the prophesies came to pass. Yet Jesus called them workers of iniquity and did not know them. And neither did they know Jesus.

That said I know many people who pray to the Father 'in the Name of Jesus' who do know the Lord Jesus. I myself have been praying 'In the Name of Jesus' as the Spirit leads, for about 15 yrs especially when taking authority.

So for years and years I have been very happy that I know the Lord Jesus and know the Holy Spirit.

In the last several years, I began asking the LORD to help me know Father God. I knew the Son, our Lord Jesus intimately and I knew the Holy Spirit intimately. But I did not know the Father intimately.

I was/am very much aware of the conversation between Jesus and Phillip when Jesus told Phillip 'If you've seen me, you've seen the Father'. I was/am very much aware of Isaiah 9:6 and I am very much aware the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are ONE. If you pray to the Lord Jesus, you are praying to the Father for no man can come to the Father but by Him.

Still.. I was sad and troubled inside. My heavenly Father was a mystery to me. I had a relationship with Him through the Lord Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Yet, when I address the Holy Spirit, I sense such a strong connection with HIM. When I address the Lord Jesus in prayer, I sense such a strong connection with Him. When I prayed to Father God, it was by Faith. I had no intimate connection.

A few weeks ago, 3-4 maybe, I finally 'met' my FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN!!!( and in me)

I had to know what His role, was for me to get to know Him!

I discovered the Father is the One Who comes up with the ideas. He is the Decision Maker. He is the COMMANDER IN CHIEF. My FATHER IS THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF!! How many kids have fathers who are the COMMANDER IN CHIEF??

Jesus is the Doer of what the Father says.

The Holy Spirit is the Power of God to make it happen.

So for example when God said 'LET US make man', it was the FATHER Who came up with the idea. Jesus AGREED and the Holy Spirit agreed. The "COMMANDER in CHIEF" then gave the orders. Jesus and the Holy Spirit came down. They are ONE and are in each other. They are NOT SEPARATE Gods.

They simply have different ROLES. If they did not have different roles, there would not be 3 Persons in ONE GOD.

Jesus is the Creator for through Him are all the worlds made. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the Word of God so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. Hebrews 11:3

It was God the Son Who shed the Blood on the cross. Not the Father. Not the Holy Spirit. Jesus IS THE DOOER.

(But God the Father in the Spirit and through the Spirit resurrected Jesus for Romans 8:11 says, “If the Spirit of Him Who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.”

It is the LORD GOD, Jesus Who formed us out of the dust of the earth. The LORD GOD, JESUS, planted a garden in the east in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed.

Man did not have life until the LIFE GIVING SPIRIT breathed the breath of Life into him. It was the LORD GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT WHO breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

So the Father is the One Who comes up with the ideas. He is also the Decision Maker and He is also the 'The Commander in Chief'.

I now understood what Jesus meant when He said in John 16:23-24if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you. 24 Until now you have asked for nothing in My Name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full.

I began to understand how to approach the Father. A scripture in Hebrews 4:16 has always been dear and near to me.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The Throne of Grace is 'the OVAL OFFICE'. I make my petition to the KING with a heart filled with gratitude for hearing me out, in the Name of Jesus. The Commander in Chief makes the decision and knowing we need help and petitioning HIM, we find GRACE in Him to help us.

He then gives the WORD to Jesus and the Holy Spirit to carry out my/our request. The Holy Spirit through His Power makes it happen.

I am so happy I now know Who the Father is and what His role in the Godhead is.

I am so happy I know the Holy Spirit and His role in the Godhead. Without the Holy Spirit, I/we cannot know the Lord Jesus, we cannot know the Power in the Blood (remember there is POWER, POWER in the soul cleansing Blood of the Lamb) or God the Father for He is the Revealer of the WORD OF GOD and of GOD the FATHER.

And of course I am forever grateful for the Father God sending Jesus to us.

I am forever grateful Jesus obeyed with a loving heart and suffered and died for me, for us, so we could have our relationship with our Father Who art in heaven and in our spirit restored through His Shed Blood.

I am forever grateful to the Holy Spirit, Who is the Breath of God, the Life Giving Spirit, the Revealer of the Word of God and God the Father, Who is the Spirit of Revelation, the Spirit of Wisdom, the Anointing Oil, our Teacher.
Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Isaiah 30:20

A few days ago, I woke up to this scripture:
and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the Head over all rule and authority; Colossians 2:10

I am still a work in progress, growing and learning, until we are totally transformed in the blink of an eye. Every day I ask the Lord to transform me, to change my stinking thinking, to strengthen my spirit, to renew my mind in Christ Jesus, to fill my lamp with Oil, to grant me more Wisdom, Revelation, Insight, and more LOVE of course.

According to my needs and desires, I sometimes address the Lord Jesus. Sometimes the Holy Spirit and now of course, my, our Heavenly Father, the COMMANDER IN CHIEF. No matter Who I am addressing, I am addressing the Godhead: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

And "drum roll", I have seen the results of my prayers. Praise the Holy Name of the Most High God.

Blessings to all.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
manna-man

Default Re: My communion and connection with the Triune God

When praying, why do people end their prayers "In Jesus Name?"

If we are "in" Christ, is their really a need to say this?

Like its a password or key?

Does the Son say to the Father...In the Fathers name?

Would the Father want to be addressed in this manner?

I think not....

His Love Endures Forever!

Don Jr.
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote