Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Apologetic discussions

Apologetic discussions Apologetic Discussions Regarding the Teachings of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee

Old 12-29-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
Truthseeker

Default Taking Christ as our person? What's the meaning of person here?

Now, HWMR talks about taking Christ as our person. That means our natural life from old person must be dealt with and replaced by Christ as new person. The problem here is if taking Christ as our person is orthodox or heretical. What does exactly mean person? If we study Triune God or Trinity theology, we will find out three persons in one God (Father, Son and Spirit). So, person in theological terms refers to a hypostate of divine Trinity.

From this, what does exactly mean taking Christ as our person according to Witness Lee and LSM's publication? Do they mean that we have to become one of divine Trinity or one of hypostate? This teaching is really orthodox or theologically correct? I feel abnormal for this teaching.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
JJ

Default Re: Taking Christ as our person? What's the meaning of person here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Now, HWMR talks about taking Christ as our person. That means our natural life from old person must be dealt with and replaced by Christ as new person. The problem here is if taking Christ as our person is orthodox or heretical. What does exactly mean person? If we study Triune God or Trinity theology, we will find out three persons in one God (Father, Son and Spirit). So, person in theological terms refers to a hypostate of divine Trinity.

From this, what does exactly mean taking Christ as our person according to Witness Lee and LSM's publication? Do they mean that we have to become one of divine Trinity or one of hypostate? This teaching is really orthodox or theologically correct? I feel abnormal for this teaching.
The first problem I see with the teaching is that it doesn’t recognize that we have already been both crucified with Christ and raised with Him in newness of life. We must reckon that first or we are wasting our time trying to do something we don’t need to do nor are able. Yes there is a need to continue putting off the old man and put on the new. But without realizing what is already done we can’t do that either.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:01 PM   #3
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post

More questions:
1) How do you “take Christ as your person”, say the words over and over?
2) How do you know when it’s “done”...when Christ is now “my person”?
3) How long does it last? Do you have to “say the words” every day, all day?
4) How many times do you have to do it before it’s “permanent”? Will it ever be “permanent”?
5) How is Christ as my person different from being saved by grace; forgiven for my sins; regenerated once for all?
6) Where are the “taking Christ as my person” verses in the Bible?

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:21 PM   #4
JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
More questions:
1) How do you “take Christ as your person”, say the words over and over?
2) How do you know when it’s “done”...when Christ is now “my person”?
3) How long does it last? Do you have to “say the words” every day, all day?
4) How many times do you have to do it before it’s “permanent”? Will it ever be “permanent”?
5) How is Christ as my person different from being saved by grace; forgiven for my sins; regenerated once for all?
6) Where are the “taking Christ as my person” verses in the Bible?

Nell
Right and I’ll add another: When one is done, does he/she look anything like the Jesus in the gospels and epistles or boast about it and conduct trainings?
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote