Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > A Future and a Hope by John Myer

A Future and a Hope by John Myer Discussions regarding this groundbreaking, bellwether work in progress

Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default New from Gospel Outfitters (John Myer)

Dear Friends,

This is a notice concerning the relaunch of my website, Gospel Outfitters, www.gospeloutfitters.com, a resource for small ministry endeavors.

As you'll see, it represents a very small beginning, which we hope to grow as time goes by. It will also be a great place to watch for the release of my new book, Shopping Versus Seeking, which is due out in a few months.

In Christ,
John Myer
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: New from Gospel Outfitters (John Myer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Dear Friends,

This is a notice concerning the relaunch of my website, Gospel Outfitters, www.gospeloutfitters.com, a resource for small ministry endeavors.

As you'll see, it represents a very small beginning, which we hope to grow as time goes by. It will also be a great place to watch for the release of my new book, Shopping Versus Seeking, which is due out in a few months.

In Christ,
John Myer
I am currently reading Myer's book Swim with the Sharks, which I find very helpful and informative. It is not a scholarly polemic exposing all the flaws in errant religions, though good information is included, but an aid in communicating with non-Christians. It provides both a solid basis for what we do believe, and addresses the religious deceptions that may have captured the people we know.

John, as always, is very readable and always focuses on the crucial things. As someone has said, "the main thing is to keep the main thing ... the main thing."