Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Various Living Stream Ministry Publications

Old 01-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: One Publication

By "base note" I think he means the opening post, which is is the entire document Publication Work In The Lord's Recovery

To Drake or any current LC member: If this document is only related to what the Living Stream has restricted themselves in publishing, why does it say that
"all the saints and all the churches everywhere should similarly be restricted"?

(emphasis mine)

Quote:
The elders and saints everywhere should exercise the same caution that Brother Lee spoke of when he testified concerning the one publication in mainland China: all the saints and all the churches everywhere should similarly be restricted in one publication in the Lord’s recovery.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #2
awareness

So LSM wants to be a monopoly ... every publisher wishes they were the only publisher in the world. That would then produce a captive market.

And that's what LSM has ... every publishers dream. Where's Anti-Trust laws when we need them?
Old 01-13-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
Trapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
To Drake or any current LC member: If this document is only related to what the Living Stream has restricted themselves in publishing, why does it say that
"all the saints and all the churches everywhere should similarly be restricted"?

(emphasis mine)
EXACTLY. This is why the entire document is peppered with phrases that dance around everything but never define anything or use specifics. This way they can use nebulous phrases like "one publication" and throw it in among different types of sentences to create the impression they want without saying it outright. Saying it outright would be admitting they are saying what they claim they are not saying, but are clearly, undeniably saying.

Again, the phrase "among us" is another telltale. "At times there may be writings among us that could be considered for publication as part of the one publication among us." Who on earth is "among us" if not the saints in the local churches? If this was about what LSM will publish, it would say "....as part of the one publication LSM PUTS OUT" not "...part of the one publication among us."

And "among us" is NOT the signatories (the blended co-workers), since later in that paragraph it says "those who wish to write in this way should bring their proposals TO the blended co-workers". So the "those" "among us" who wish to write should bring it TO the co-workers. "Among us" is the saints. This document is to restrict the saints.

In speaking of writings individual localities may produce, we get: "These are actually not part of the one publication among us in that they do not involve all the churches." Sorry charlie, the "one publication" is not about what LSM will publish. It is about restricting all the churches to only LSM's publications.

Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 07:40 AM   #4
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default "Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery" doc removed from LSM Websites?

It now appears that , Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery, also referred to "The One Publication", has been taken down from all known Local Church/Living Stream websites, It is not known exactly when it was removed, but it has been listed as "File or directory not found" for at least a couple of weeks now. Since this is one of the most important, and even foundational, documents/declarations produced by the Blended Brothers, it is doubtful that this is merely a technical glitch.

Are the brothers there on La Palma Ave in Anaheim reconsidering the contents of "Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery"? Are they considering a revamped, edited version to re-release to the local churches? Will they produce a watered down, softened version, which will be a bit more palatable to the saints within the Local Church, and even be presented as a more scriptural declaration to the Christian public at large?

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:06 AM   #5
Ohio

Default Re: "Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery" doc removed from LSM Websites

Quote:
It now appears that , Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery, also referred to "The One Publication", has been taken down from all known Local Church/Living Stream websites,
Perhaps they have been listening to our good friend Drake, who has failed miserably at defending the scriptural legitimacy of the "Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery".
-
Old 01-18-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
aron

Default Re: "Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery" doc removed from LSM Websites

Quote:
It now appears that , Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery, also referred to "The One Publication", has been taken down from all known Local Church/Living Stream websites.
-
Good thing you saved a copy of this document on the first post, because we might otherwise never know it existed!

I did a little exercise just now, and went back to the first post and re-read the first 5 or 6 paragraphs. After every sentence, I asked myself, "Is this something one of the authors of the New Testament would have written?" The answer was a continual and emphatic "no". It kept talking about "our long practice", nothing was supported by scripture. Even phrases like "one trumpet" had nothing to do with the original context, and everything to do with the culture that had usurped it.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:31 PM   #7
Trapped

When this thread picked up a few months ago I did a number of searches on the One Pub and the various criticisms and defenses of it. I had forgotten one point until now, which I'd like to bring Drake's attention.

afaithfulwitness.org is a DCP website. This page speaks of the One Publication specifically: https://www.afaithfulwitness.org/war...notes/note102/

On that page there is a section on Ezra Ma, with some brief points about falsehoods that he stated in a meeting in Brazil, and DCP's short correction of those falsehoods. The first correction states:

Ezra represents Publication Work in the Lord's Recovery as Living Stream Ministry's declaration. It is not. It was composed through much prayer and fellowship among the co-workers in the Lord's recovery from many parts of the earth. Under the co-workers' fellowship it was published by LSM.

DCP clearly and unequivocally states that the One Pub is NOT AN LSM DECLARATION.

PERIOD.

So we can stop this clearly nonsensical claim that the One Pub is simply LSM saying what LSM will publish.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #8
Drake

Quote:
It now appears that , Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery, also referred to "The One Publication", has been taken down from all known Local Church/Living Stream websites, It is not known exactly when it was removed, but it has been listed as "File or directory not found" for at least a couple of weeks now. Since this is one of the most important, and even foundational, documents/declarations produced by the Blended Brothers, it is doubtful that this is merely a technical glitch.

Are the brothers there on La Palma Ave in Anaheim reconsidering the contents of "Publication Work in The Lord's Recovery"? Are they considering a revamped, edited version to re-release to the local churches? Will they produce a watered down, softened version, which will be a bit more palatable to the saints within the Local Church, and even be presented as a more scriptural declaration to the Christian public at large?

-
UntoHim,

I think you are reading too much into it but in any case, no matter what happens I'm convinced that you will find fault with whatever is done. If left as is you will say they are in intransigent, if they clarify you will say they are softening, and if a brand new version is produced that is chocked full of scripture, biblical examples, and historical validation then you'd fault them for trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the Christian public.

Therefore, know this much my brother...whatever they do, you nor this forum will be its beneficiaries because nothing they can do will change the disposition of our brothers and sisters in this forum toward the Lord's recovery. Because we trust the One who knows the thoughts and intentions of the heart, He who shines, who convicts, and who draws and attracts seeking hearts to Himself to full salvation, in life, in living, and for the kingdom then it only matters that we obey the Masters voice.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote