Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > If you really Nee to know

If you really Nee to know Who was Watchman Nee? Discussions regarding the life and times of Watchman Nee, the Little Flock and the beginnings of the Local Church Movement in Mainland China

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: "Early Nee" vs. "Later Nee"

Quote:
Today all the responsibility of the recovery is on our shoulders. All the questions related to the recovery have to do with us. God’s work in the world, and in China in particular, depends entirely on us. The responsibility has fallen on us . . . With each step that the Lord has taken in His recovery, the content of His recovery has become richer and richer. Today it seems as if there is nothing more to be recovered. The recovery has reached the stage of the Body. Perhaps this will be the last recovery. There may be other items of recovery, but as far as we know, when we reach the recovery of the coordination of the Body and the manifestation of authority, we have reached the final recovery."
This phrase in quotes sounds nothing like WN. In fact, the part bolded just about encapsulates the whole ministry of the BB's today. I suppose that's why I throw question marks at the whole translation, but maybe I'm just wishing here. Are you sure WL didn't write this?

"All the questions related to the recovery have to do with us.Nothing more to be recovered?" Does that sound like WN or any minister of the word, for that matter? With the end of WWII, the Communists breathing down their necks, and many saints facing potential martyrdom, who would say such things? I would think their entire burden for ministry would be for preaching the gospel and caring for and encouraging the the suffering saints.