Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > Writings and Concerns of Steve Isitt

Old 10-23-2019, 07:06 PM   #1
Indiana

Default Deputy Authority Run Amok - DCP contribution

www.DeputyAuthorityRunAmok.com

Signs of Not Having Spiritual Authority - by DCP

The first problem in Andrew Yu’s charges of “rebellion” is that he showed no concern for the actual spiritual state of Witness Lee. However, others surely did and discerned, with good reason, that he had turned from the right path and that his spiritual authority had waned. In a book printed by DCP and fully endorsed by LSM, Properly Discerning Spiritual Authority To Rightly Follow The Lord, there is a list of the signs that describe a person who does not have spiritual authority.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 06:47 AM   #2
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Deputy Authority Run Amok - DCP contribution

Excerpt from: - - afaithfulword.org Properly Discerning Spiritual Authority to Rightly Follow the Lord

Brother Lee strongly taught that no one should be looked upon as the leader of the Lord's recovery.

"I was with Brother Nee for years. We never considered him the official leader, and he never regarded himself in this way. Whenever someone thought of Brother Nee as the leader and came to him for instructions, Brother Nee would never say a word. Only when a person came to him for fellowship would he open himself to share something. He never assumed that he was the official leader. Likewise, I do not consider myself as the official leader in the Lord's recovery today."( Truth Messages , p. 32)
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 07:34 AM   #3
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Excerpt from: - - afaithfulword.org Properly Discerning Spiritual Authority to Rightly Follow the Lord

Brother Lee strongly taught that no one should be looked upon as the leader of the Lord's recovery.

"I was with Brother Nee for years. We never considered him the official leader, and he never regarded himself in this way. Whenever someone thought of Brother Nee as the leader and came to him for instructions, Brother Nee would never say a word. Only when a person came to him for fellowship would he open himself to share something. He never assumed that he was the official leader.

Likewise, I do not consider myself as the official leader in the Lord's recovery today."( Truth Messages , p. 32)
-
I have more than a little difficulty with those who ALWAYS say "NEVER."

I lived thru three major "storms" in the Recovery ...
  • The MAX RAPOPORT storm/rebellion/quarantine in the late 70's
  • The JOHN INGALLS storm/rebellion/quarantine of the late 80's
  • The TITUS CHU storm/rebellion/quarantine of the late 00's
Each and every time it was all about WITNESS LEE as the official leader in the Lord's recovery.

So take my advice, which years ago I actually heard repeatedly from those at LSM -- "don't believe everything you read on the internet."
Old 10-24-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
Indiana

Default Re: Sign of Emphasizing Success - next DCP book addressed

next DCP book addressed -
Sign of not having authority is Emphasizing Success

Old 10-24-2019, 08:38 PM   #5
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessLee View Post
Likewise, I do not consider myself as the official leader in the Lord's recovery today.
Compare and Contrast the quote above of Witness Lee with this paraphrased quote of Lee, as witnessed by numerous brothers, including John Ingalls, and a member of this forum, Kyle Yoakum:

"That Lee! Lee has to be famous! Lee! Lee! Lee must have the credit! And if you listen to me, you do not listen to Lee, you listen to the very God in His oracle spoken by me....Going with God’s oracle, surely there is the deputy authority of God in this oracle. Whoever speaks for God, he surely has certain divine authority. I’m claiming this for Lee!"
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #6
Indiana

Default Re: Next DCP book - Evil Speaking Sat. 10/26

5. Evil Speaking

DeputyAuthorityRunAmok.com
Old 10-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #7
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
"That Lee! Lee has to be famous! Lee! Lee! Lee must have the credit! And if you listen to me, you do not listen to Lee, you listen to the very God in His oracle spoken by me....Going with God’s oracle, surely there is the deputy authority of God in this oracle. Whoever speaks for God, he surely has certain divine authority. I’m claiming this for Lee!"
-
6. Establishing One's Own Kingdom

Old 11-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #8
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
Establishing One's Own Kingdom
Lee's hymn #824 had a line that said, "Administration local, each answ'ring to the Lord", but the facts show that administration was local only when it didn't interfere with his personal affairs and interests. When the SCA elders sacked Nee for unchristian actions, this was later overturned by Lee. When the Anaheim elders censored Philip Lee for repeated immorality, that was over-ruled by Lee. This shows that administrative power in fact belonged to Witness Lee, and was therefore not local at all.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #9
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Lee's hymn #824 had a line that said, "Administration local, each answ'ring to the Lord", but the facts show that administration was local only when it didn't interfere with his personal affairs and interests. When the SCA elders sacked Nee for unchristian actions, this was later overturned by Lee. When the Anaheim elders censored Philip Lee for repeated immorality, that was over-ruled by Lee. This shows that administrative power in fact belonged to Witness Lee, and was therefore not local at all.
I'll never forget the time Lee was discussing the responsibility of the local elders. He pointed out that they had the authority to choose when the prayer meeting started.

My jaw dropped. Huh?

This is not what I signed up for.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #10
Indiana

Default Re: One Accord

This word by Witness Lee reveals the spirit of the new way and is a picture of its One Accord - "like that of a political party" which stresses its own ism.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:18 PM   #11
JJ

Default Re: One Accord

Quote:
This word by Witness Lee reveals the spirit of the new way and is a picture of its One Accord - "like that of a political party" which stresses its own ism.

Amazing the parallel you highlighted between Lee’s “New Way” and Maoist rule. Quite jaw dropping, and disgusting!
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #12
Indiana

Default Re: 9. Beating One's Fellow Slaves

All the writings on this thread, but the one on the One Accord, have been a response to DCP books I was given in 2009 by a Local Church brother. DCP was concerned about a leader in Brazil and one in the Great Lakes area, but, inadvertently were describing Witness Lee.

9. Beating One's Fellow Slaves

http://ourneedtoexamineourselves.com...llowSlaves.pdf

www.TrueWordsforTruthSeekers.com
Old 11-04-2019, 02:28 AM   #13
aron

Default Re: 9. Beating One's Fellow Slaves

Quote:
DCP was concerned about a leader in Brazil and one in the Great Lakes area, but, inadvertently were describing Witness Lee.
I read the "concerns" by the Anaheim brothers regarding Dong, and it was like they were describing Witness Lee! Really amazing. So it boiled down to, "If Witness Lee did it, then it's okay, but if anyone else does it then it's not."

If anyone else did what Witness Lee did, it would be ambitious, factious, divisive, forming parties, and drawing others after oneself, but when Witness Lee did it, that's not what happened at all - rather it was the apostle of the age exercising the proper Deputy authority and building up the Body of Christ to consummate the age.