Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Throw your two cents in here! Give us your suggestions & feedback for the title/subject of a new board.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:18 PM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Regarding recent technical problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
(Once again, the quote button provides no quote)
I see that the problem is intermittent, some of you have posted quotes in just the past hour or so. Could you guys please give me a more detailed description of the problem so that I can bring it to the attention of our hosting company?

I have tested the system several times throughout the day and have not experienced any such problem.

Thanks
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
OBW

Default Re: Regarding recent technical problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
I see that the problem is intermittent, some of you have posted quotes in just the past hour or so. Could you guys please give me a more detailed description of the problem so that I can bring it to the attention of our hosting company?

I have tested the system several times throughout the day and have not experienced any such problem.

Thanks
This time it works perfectly. The last time I did it was also fine. But earlier I hit the "Quote" button and got a blank post area. Might as well hit "Reply." And just hitting the back button then hitting quote again seldom fixes it.

And on occasion, I hit "Preview" and the content of the editing area goes away even thought the preview is there. If I copy the content, the hit the Back" button, the original quote returns, but none of what I wrote. I then paste my part in, and edit the quote (again) if I had in the first place.

Because of that last one, I am beginning to copy the entire edit area prior to hitting "Preview" so that I can immediately put it back in to work on if I need to.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #3
Ohio

Quote:

Thanks
I am guessing (though I cannot provide sufficient evidence to satisfy OBW) that the post which we are trying to quote has hidden characters, such as might occur by pasting from another word editor.

Would you like us to identify those posts which cannot be quoted? If so, how shall we do that?
Old 01-04-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Not sure what you mean my "another word editor". If you are quoting from a post within the forum itself, then it's working with the editor which is embedded within the forum software. I can't see how that can get corrupted when simply using the quote button and placing the quote within a separate post. If my explanation sounds confusing it's probably be because I am I didn't have time today to get on the phone with our host, but I will try to first thing in the morning.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:45 PM   #5
Ohio

Quote:
Not sure what you mean my "another word editor".
Some use MS Word or other editors to write their post, and then paste it into the forum. Another way might be some text cut and paste from some other source.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
OBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Some use MS Word or other editors to write their post, and then paste it into the forum. Another way might be some text cut and paste from some other source.
I used to do that, but with one of the MS upgrades, it started to copy lots of extraneous characters and it was a fairly complex editing effort to get rid of them. Sometimes using <shift><enter> instead of just <enter> and then copying the Word text to Notepad, adding a space after every paragraph break, then copying that to the forum would work. But even that was inconsistent over time.

I have abandoned that method and now draft in the forum, copy to Word to see the spelling errors and to read it better, then make the changes directly to the forum.

But none of this explains why hitting "Quote" in a post gives a blank screen. I think I will try to quote one of the ones I had trouble with yesterday and see what happens.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #7
OBW

Post 37 in PUTTING TO TEST THE RCV .

Hit "quote." Got a blank space to work with.