Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthopraxy - Christian Practice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
TLFisher

Default The Relationship Between The Churches And The Work

"THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE CHURCHES AND THE WORK
Now I need to turn to the second line, and that is the relationship between the churches and the work. I said this is a big subject.

We devoted one entire elders’ training to this subject. So, I shouldn’t try to say too much. Both the church and the work are governed by the same principle, and that is the Body of Christ. The Body is the governing principle. When the Body is expressed locally that is the church. When the Body is active in seeking increase, that is the work.

The jurisdiction is different, but the principle is the same. So, consider the church. What is the church, a local church. A local church is an expression of the universal Body of Christ in a specific locality.

When you begin to meet as the church on the ground of oneness, you are declaring that you are part of the Body of Christ. You meet on the ground of the oneness of the Body, and you begin your church in the fellowship of the Body, but now you are a local church,. a local church as an expression of the Body.

The administration is local. There are elders in every church in the New Testament, and so the elders in the church decide whether or not they want to invite a certain worker to their place. A worker cannot come and force his way in; he does not have authority there. You may invite anyone you want.

The church in Cranka can invite Pope Benedict the 16th. That would be strange, but they have the right to do it. My point is that we respect the local church, we don’t step on the administration of the local church. There are elders in the church. So, the work does not dictate to the church.
"

Ron Kangas 2007
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote