Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthopraxy - Christian Practice

Old 07-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
jesusislord

Default Exercise the spirit and saying amen for each sentence the brother spoke

I think these 2 things confused and mislead people. In lc they claim they don't have tradition and their practice is according to Bible. But did the saints say amen each time the apostle finished a sentence?

Another one is exercise your spirit. I think this can be heavily misused to assert something or urging you to agree to someone. When opinions are not equal they say just exercise the spirit, no wonder there is stupid doctrine like cover drunken noah can be accepted. Because it's a flawed culture in the lc that make sheeps that doesn't have the brain to think. These saints are brainwashed not to question what's right and wrong, coz again another silly thing they taught is that right or wrong is not important but does it have life, lol what a joke, what is life here?
jesusislord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
JJ

Default Re: Exercise the spirit and saying amen for each sentence the brother spoke

Right. I’ve written elsewhere on these boards that Paul told Timothy ”exercise yourself unto godliness”, not excercise your spirit.

I noticed in my last years in the LSM the one thing the saints wouldn’t say amen to was something that wasn’t quoted from an LSM publication.... even a Bible verse or testimony about a Bible verse I had read.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:50 AM   #3
Ohio

Default Re: Exercise the spirit and saying amen for each sentence the brother spoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Right. I’ve written elsewhere on these boards that Paul told Timothy ”exercise yourself unto godliness”, not excercise your spirit.

I noticed in my last years in the LSM the one thing the saints wouldn’t say amen to was something that wasn’t quoted from an LSM publication.... even a Bible verse or testimony about a Bible verse I had read.
How telling is that? Saying the "Amens" to Lee's writings, but not to the word of God? Has the word of God then become unintelligible "tongues" in the Recovery?

So "exercise yourself unto godliness" has become "exercise your spirit" which has become "stand up and repeat the words of LSM?" That must be from the "Book of Benson." Or perhaps the "book of Kangas."

How interesting that this would not be interpreted as "exercise your conscience?" Is not that more needed for godliness? After their long history of unrighteousness and coverups at LSM, their collective conscience has atrophied? Godliness has become little more than uniformity?
Old 07-06-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusislord View Post
I think these 2 things confused and mislead people. In lc they claim they don't have tradition and their practice is according to Bible. But did the saints say amen each time the apostle finished a sentence?

Another one is exercise your spirit. I think this can be heavily misused to assert something or urging you to agree to someone. When opinions are not equal they say just exercise the spirit, no wonder there is stupid doctrine like cover drunken noah can be accepted. Because it's a flawed culture in the lc that make sheeps that doesn't have the brain to think. These saints are brainwashed not to question what's right and wrong, coz again another silly thing they taught is that right or wrong is not important but does it have life, lol what a joke, what is life here?
Sorry jesusislord, but Amen to all you've stated here.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Truthseeker

Not saying Amen to every word but discern or judge after hearing prophecies. Read 1 Corinthians 14: 29.
Truthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote