Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 05-31-2018, 11:11 AM   #1
EIFAMS

Default Personal Testimony (Brazil)

Grace and peace!
This is a first manifestation in the group and I would briefly report my testimony.
I'm a brother from Brazil and I'm still learning English, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes. Any questions, I can try to clarify later.
I will divide my account in three different moments, for a better understanding.

First moment

The local church in my city began in the 1980s. My father and grandfather were there when it all began. I am third generation in the local churches (or, as it is called, in the Lord's recovery). I was born in 1988. When I was born, my father was away, but in 1998, when I was 10 years old, my family came back to gather at the local church in our city. Since the 1980s we have been under the leadership of Brother Dong Yu Lan's ministry (DYL). But in 2008, after a trip from a brother from our city to the US to participate in a training, everything changed. So, from 2009, we have followed the leadership of LSM (blended co-workers). That same year (2009), Brother Dong Yu Lan was quarantined.

Second moment

In 2009 we discovered many things that were hidden from us. And they were secretly and deliberately hidden by DYL's leadership in Brazil. This resulted in the breakup with Brother DYL's ministry.

The breakup, however, was not simple and much less painless. It was dramatic. Painful. And everything was aggravated by DYL quarantine. In my locality there was much suffering: entire families were affected; some brothers returned to the denominations; others returned to the world; others, who were not even part of the local church, strongly criticized us; brothers saw themselves as enemies in the streets; curses were cast.

In other cities in Brazil, marriages were broken; children stopped talking to their parents; among other things.

Third moment

After a few years (more or less from 2014), I began to reevaluate events.
I began to reconsider some of the teachings and practices of local churches led by LSM. The quarantine was and still is a subject that bothers me deeply. Then I discovered the story of the 90's, the quarantine of John Ingalls and other brothers.
All this affected me a lot.
I am still in the local church in my city, but I have considered before the Lord many teachings and practices of the group. I am seeking the direction of the Lord. I think this forum can help me to receive more light from the Lord.
I'll close it down so it will not be too long. Any questions, you may ask.
But before I finish, I have a question: I've heard that there is some "problem" between the US leadership and the leadership in Taiwan. Does anyone know anything about this?
In Christ,
Eifams
EIFAMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:50 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: Personal Testimony (Brazil)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIFAMS View Post
After a few years (more or less from 2014), I began to reevaluate events.
I began to reconsider some of the teachings and practices of local churches led by LSM. The quarantine was and still is a subject that bothers me deeply. Then I discovered the story of the 90's, the quarantine of John Ingalls and other brothers. All this affected me a lot.

I am still in the local church in my city, but I have considered before the Lord many teachings and practices of the group. I am seeking the direction of the Lord. I think this forum can help me to receive more light from the Lord. I'll close it down so it will not be too long. Any questions, you may ask. But before I finish, I have a question: I've heard that there is some "problem" between the US leadership and the leadership in Taiwan. Does anyone know anything about this?
In Christ,
Eifams
Welcome to the forum Eifams!

I am from Ohio, and we also were also quarantined (with Titus Chu,) which caused me to re-think many of our teachings and practices. I was in the LC's since the mid-70's. The facts surrounding the excommunication of John Ingalls and others was long hidden from us, so when I finally learned the truth about what Witness Lee and his son Phillip Lee did, I was very upset.

Some of their teachings are good, but many are leavened. They are not scriptural. Some of their practices are good, but some are corrupt. They are against the scripture. Jesus warned the disciples, "Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees." Beware of the leaven of LSM!

There will always be problems and fighting between their leaders because their teachings and practices are wrong. The Recovery has a long history of leadership conflicts and lawsuits. This will never stop.

Your testimony is proof that the problems in the LC's are very serious. They have long replaced brotherly love with a false oneness, a loyalty to a ministry, which divides brothers and sisters.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:11 AM   #3
least

Quote:
The breakup, however, was not simple and much less painless. It was dramatic. Painful. And everything was aggravated by DYL quarantine. In my locality there was much suffering: entire families were affected; some brothers returned to the denominations; others returned to the world; others, who were not even part of the local church, strongly criticized us; brothers saw themselves as enemies in the streets; curses were cast.

In other cities in Brazil, marriages were broken; children stopped talking to their parents; among other things.
Yes. True events. Dramatic, painful, much sufferings, much damages. In every continent.

Quote:
I am seeking the direction of the Lord.
Amen. May the Lord leads you.

Quote:
I've heard that there is some "problem" between the US leadership and the leadership in Taiwan. Does anyone know anything about this?
EIFAMS, you mean the problem is happening now? Or it was in the past?

Thank you for your post.
-

Last edited by least; 06-01-2018 at 02:12 AM. Reason: typo
least is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:39 AM   #4
EIFAMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Welcome to the forum Eifams!
Thank you, Ohio!

Unfortunately, loyalty to a ministry is not the way of the unity of the children of God.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:48 AM   #5
EIFAMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by least View Post
Yes. True events. Dramatic, painful, much sufferings, much damages. In every continent.
Thank you, Least!

The problem between US and Taiwan leadership began in 2014 with Brother Dong Yu Lan's trip to a conference in Taiwan. If the problem is older, I do not know. Some things are hidden from us. This is sad!