Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Arizona

Default From Arizona

I have been enjoying the discussions on this forum very much. I sincerely hope it can remain a place of reasonable discourse and not degenerate into mere confrontation. I have to admit that some of the dialog is intellectually challenging for me, but I appreciate that challenge very much. As SpeakersCorner says, "Iron sharpens iron". Sometimes there are "sparks", but oft times there is some real Light. It is somehow comforting to hear someone express a thought that you, yourself, have considered. Makes me at least feel like I may not be insane after all; or at least not completely alone in my ruminations.

Much grace to you all.

Arizona
Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
YP0534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
I have been enjoying the discussions on this forum very much. I sincerely hope it can remain a place of reasonable discourse and not degenerate into mere confrontation. I have to admit that some of the dialog is intellectually challenging for me, but I appreciate that challenge very much. As SpeakersCorner says, "Iron sharpens iron". Sometimes there are "sparks", but oft times there is some real Light. It is somehow comforting to hear someone express a thought that you, yourself, have considered. Makes me at least feel like I may not be insane after all; or at least not completely alone in my ruminations.

Much grace to you all.

Arizona

The simple fact that multiple ones of us have considered such things is surely evidence that they are not entirely unreasonable.

Welcome from one of the most unreasonable of all.
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP0534 View Post
The simple fact that multiple ones of us have considered such things is surely evidence that they are not entirely unreasonable.
And the fact that multiple views are able to incorporate other, disparate "ruminations" alongside their own is, I think, a very hopeful trend.

We tried the monolithic "One Oracle speaks and we all say 'amen' to each and every word that proceeds out of the Oracular mouth". We tried the monolithic culture and it didn't work, at least for many of us. So a few of the 'refugees' have gathered here, and lo and behold there is a welter of disparate voices crying out in the wilderness, but if you listen closely they all are trying to say the One Thing, and that is JESUS IS LORD.

That's why I like multiple voices. And even when some of them disagree with mine, and point out my (many) shortcomings, I get over my impatience and self-importance and realize that judgment begins in the house of God. What a mercy to have fellowship, and to be adjusted by others! There is enough reinforcing "amens" from the fellowship that we can take it when others say, "I disagree". God has given us enough in common to work on.

Peace to you, and grace in all your endeavors.
aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
Former LC member

Greetings Arizona!
You are not alone or insane. Here, we can exercise the faculties that God has given us. We can have different opinions, but while we have the Lord and bow the knee to Him, we have the uniting Spirit of peace.
Former LC member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
Guest1

Greetings Arizona.. i am not an 'intellectual' either (obviously) but i do understand it and we were all called by Him ..Glory to God.. looking forward to your posts....
God's Blessings
Colossians 1:14 In Whom We have Redemption through His Blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Guest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
countmeworthy

We may not be intellectuals...but I am confident of this very thing..the thing spoken of in God's Word..and that is Christ is renewing our mind moment by moment. Therefore, as my mind is being renewed, I AM becoming more and more intelligent for His Word tells us we HAVE the MIND of Christ!

By Faith, I believe and thus I speak, I HAVE the MIND of Christ. Therefore I AM INTELLIGENT. I am as Intelligent as HE is. His Word tells me so. And God does NOT lie. I am being conformed into the image of the Son of God and am an heir of God. I am a co-heir with Christ, the FIRST born Son of God and thus I am a brother of Christ.

One day soon, the manifestation of me / us speaking and being as intelligent as CHRIST is going to be revealed in full bloom...not only to us, but to the world..in fact to the Universe.

This is something to REJOICE in!! THANK YOU LORD JEEEEEESUS!! We have the MIND of CHRIST! We ARE as intelligent as YOU Are for we are SONS of the MOST HIGH GOD!!! We are KINGS and PRIESTS...a ROYAL Priesthood!!

Praise you Lord JESUS!!!
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #7
aron

Well, the 'pointy-headed intellectual-type' folks need the 'round-headed common-sense-type' folks to keep their feet on the ground. Intelligence is not merely measured in vocabulary. Some folks have a capacity to 'sense' aspects of reality that the thinkers yet have not reached. So display your portion, what God put in you! Peace, always.
aron
aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Arizona

Default Re: From Arizona

Dear saints,

I would like to take the opportunity to express my appreciation for some of the discussions taking place currently on this forum. For the first time in a number of years I am recently encouraged regarding something we all know, but do not always realize: God is always "going on"! I am finding the willingness of some here to question traditional orthodoxy more than refreshing. I want to hear more. I want to hear more of the serious-minded analysis of Bro Lee's ministry, which seems to me to be mostly a continuation of the Plymouth Brethren orthodoxy believers have been under for 150-200 years. There must be more Light! Our God is unlimited.

I am finding myself changing my mind about some long held doctrines that I never had the freedom to question before,,, and that due to some of these discussions. One thing I believe: that which increases our love for God is that which is worthy of our pursuit. Perfect love casts out all fear!!

Thank you all for your willing boldness.

Grace upon grace.

Arizona
Arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #9
Toledo
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Default Re: From Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post

I want to hear more of the serious-minded analysis of Bro Lee's ministry, which seems to me to be mostly a continuation of the Plymouth Brethren orthodoxy believers have been under for 150-200 years.
Yes, I've long thought that WL's teaching was for the most part quite orthodox. It was as though it came straight out of the textbooks of Dallas Theological Seminary, just the vocabulary used was a little fancier.

Ps 66:12 Thou didst make men ride over our heads; We went through fire and through water; Yet Thou didst bring us out into a place of abundance.
Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote