Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Early Lee - Later Lee

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Kevin
Member
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 127
Default Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

Can you help me out to find more quotes where both Nee and Lee somewhere in their writings that a member who is about to leave the LCM should be respected?

e.g

Quote:
We stand before the Lord whom we serve, and we have no intention of drawing anyone to be with us...I have said, “You can meet wherever you choose as long as it is beneficial to you.” (Three Aspects of the Church: The Course of the Church, 81)

“We all must be so absolute. If you feel the denominations are right, then continue in them.”- Witness Lee
Kevin is offline  
Old 07-15-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
Nell
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 862
Default Re: Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

I doubt that this statement by Lee was sincere. He did not teach this. He may have said that, more than once even, but he didn't teach it. He didn't believe it. It's more likely that he was attempting to appear magnanimous and noble...giving us permission to do what we feel is right...follow the Lord's leading.

If he was sincere, his volumes of teachings to the contrary speak much louder than a few obscure remarks such as this one.

Another example, I once heard a brother share: "if you can leave the church, then you should." (Several years later I heard another brother repeat this statement, to which he had responded "I could, so I did.")

Other than this, I can't help you. I don't believe what you're looking for actually exists.

Nell
Nell is offline  
Old 07-16-2017, 06:35 AM   #3
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,140
Default Re: Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Can you help me out to find more quotes where both Nee and Lee somewhere in their writings that a member who is about to leave the LCM should be respected?
The basic principle for us to serve God is that if we feel the denominations are right, we must support them; if we feel they are wrong, we must break them down. (Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 3) Vol. 56: The Open Door & The Present Testimony, Chapter 2, Section 8)

If you feel that the denominations are right, then stay with them and be absolute about it. But if you feel that the Lord's way is the local church, then you must be absolute. Only then will you see the blessing. The Lord is never pleased with any kind of mixture. (The Practical Expression of the Church, Chapter 10, Section 2)

We admit that there are many dear brothers and sisters in the denominations, but we can never say that the denominations are right. (The Building of the Church, Chapter 4, Section 3)

If the denominations were right, we had to join with them. But if they were wrong, we had to declare that they were wrong and tell people what was the right way. (Life-Study of Hebrews, Chapter 51, Section 2)


This is one of the issues I have with WL's ministry (and in this case with WN as well). He reduces a very important, complex issue to an absurd choice. "Either the denominations are right or we are right". That is absurd. The denominations can be wrong for denominating themselves. The LRC can be wrong for the lawsuits, erroneous doctrines like Ground of the church and MOTA, Daystar, PL, etc. Personally I would put WL in the same box as those who formed denominations.

In the end it boils down to righteousness. Jesus is our righteousness. If you have Jesus as your righteousness then you can stand before God, if not you can't. If Jesus is your righteousness then you are right, if He is not, then you are wrong.

Is it my job to break you down? If I am aware of unrighteousness that you have done then I am responsible to tell you. But if you refuse to hear me I can create a trail of witnesses that will confirm that I warned you and then I am released from anymore responsibility I might have towards you.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline  
Old 07-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #4
A little brother
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 286
Default Re: Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Can you help me out to find more quotes where both Nee and Lee somewhere in their writings that a member who is about to leave the LCM should be respected?

e.g
I did a quick search but couldn't find it. Found the following messages instead...

Life-Study Hebrew Ch.52
I have the full assurance that the Lordís recovery is the best place for us to enjoy grace today. If you leave the Lordís recovery, you will certainly fall away from the grace of God.

Life-Study of Revelation Ch.51
Neither the Catholic Church, the denominations, nor the divisive and confusing free groups can do any preparation of the Bride.
A little brother is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 01:15 AM   #5
aron
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wedemark, Lower Saxony
Posts: 4,368
Default Re: Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
Life-Study of Revelation Ch.51 Neither the Catholic Church, the denominations, nor the divisive and confusing free groups can do any preparation of the Bride.
The "divisive and confusing free groups" are actually local churches who don't take a name, who meet as the church in that locality, and who receive all believers. However, their great sin was not to come under the so-called ministry of the age. So much for local ground. .
__________________
"Freedom is free. It's slavery that's so horribly expensive" - Colonel Templeton, ret., of the 12th Scottish Highlanders, the 'Black Fusiliers'
aron is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 04:11 AM   #6
aron
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Wedemark, Lower Saxony
Posts: 4,368
Default Re: Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
The basic principle for us to serve God is that if we feel the denominations are right, we must support them; if we feel they are wrong, we must break them down. (Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 3) Vol. 56: The Open Door & The Present Testimony, Chapter 2, Section.
Watchman Nee is talking out of his hat, here. As ZNP notes, believers aren't to break anything down. See Gamaliel's advice in Acts: if we fight against others we may fight against God.

I also remember the cry of the Edomites: "Tear it down! Tear it down!"

No, the enemy is within. Not in some other group. Jesus broke down the walls and made us one. I write not to tear down the LC but rather to warn the inexperienced among us who may come under pressure from LC recruiters. They're disingenuous and not what they pretend to be: the spirituality is a front, a cloak for manipulation and control.

Ephesians has a lot of talk of warfare, of throwing down the high and exalted things. But if you think that means your neighbour and not your own thinking then I daresay you've missed the point of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
__________________
"Freedom is free. It's slavery that's so horribly expensive" - Colonel Templeton, ret., of the 12th Scottish Highlanders, the 'Black Fusiliers'
aron is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 06:38 AM   #7
countmeworthy
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in Spirit & in Truth
Posts: 1,144
Default Re: Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A little brother View Post
I did a quick search but couldn't find it. Found the following messages instead...

Life-Study Hebrew Ch.52
I have the full assurance that the Lordís recovery is the best place for us to enjoy grace today. If you leave the Lordís recovery, you will certainly fall away from the grace of God.

Life-Study of Revelation Ch.51
Neither the Catholic Church, the denominations, nor the divisive and confusing free groups can do any preparation of the Bride.
My studies on Hebrews have shed a whole new light. The book of HEBREWS is written to the converted Jews. In chapter 9, it appears they are struggling on how to walk in Spirit. It reminds them that the Blood of Jesus is SUPERIOR to the blood of bulls and goats and thus if they are considering following the 'law', reading between the lines here, they would be making a mockery of the shed Blood of Jesus and thus they would certainly fall away from the Grace of God. Chapter 11 talks about Faith. Walk in FAITH as your forefathers did!

Blessings
__________________
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline  
Old 07-17-2017, 08:55 AM   #8
ZNPaaneah
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,140
Default Re: Quotes by Nee and Lee on leaving LCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
My studies on Hebrews have shed a whole new light. The book of HEBREWS is written to the converted Jews. In chapter 9, it appears they are struggling on how to walk in Spirit. It reminds them that the Blood of Jesus is SUPERIOR to the blood of bulls and goats and thus if they are considering following the 'law', reading between the lines here, they would be making a mockery of the shed Blood of Jesus and thus they would certainly fall away from the Grace of God. Chapter 11 talks about Faith. Walk in FAITH as your forefathers did!

Blessings
And James which follows it is written to those Jews who fell into the "Concision cult".

When he talks about praying for a brother and saving him from error, he is talking from experience.

I consider the most incredible reference in that book his reference to Elijah and prayer. He says we all have the same idea (we pray, fire falls, the falls prophets are killed -- ta da!). Only problem is that didn't not save anyone from Jezebel.

Instead he says that Elijah prayed that it wouldn't rain for 3 1/2 years. Now you can pray that it doesn't rain today and no one would care, you could do it for a week, even a month. Nothing spectacular like fire falling from heaven. But after a year or two of no rain everyone else is praying that it would rain. They would kill you if they knew you were praying that it doesn't rain. When he finally does reemerge from the wilderness he does so as the rain begins to pour down.

This is how you deal with a cult. This is how you break the grip of the cult leader and how you free those stuck in the cult.
__________________
They shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God
ZNPaaneah is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.


3.8.9