Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Fellowship Hall

Fellowship Hall Talk it over here. Also for prayer requests

Old 08-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
Thankful Jane

Default Prayer Request

I received the following letter from a brother in India named John DevaKumar. (He is a brother who spoke out against the LSM takeover of a number of churches in India, for those who might remember.) He is requesting prayer.

Dear Sister,
Hope by grace of our Lord everyone in your family and those who fellowship with you are fine .It is a very long time since we lost touch with each other.We are all fine here by God's grace.our fellowship is growing slowly but steadily.
I am writing this letter to you with much sorrow in my heart and I request you to share the matter I am sharing to you with other believers for prayer.
Since one week Christians in the state of Orissa is facing persecution. It all started when a Hindu Fundamentalist leader was shot dead by Communist radicals.Hindu fundamentalist groups like Vishwa Hindu Parishad and RSS blamed it on Christians and started attacking Christians . Up to now 17 people are killed and thousands of christian homes are burned.All these happened right in front of police.The state Government gave silent support for these activities. Now the violence is spreading to other areas also.
This time many home Churches are specifically targeted.Pray for the persecuted believers in Orissa
Please pray for our safety here at Delhi also.Even though we are far away from Orissa,The headquarters of these fundamentalists are at Delhi.As elections are approaching there is a possibility of more violence.
Tomorrow (29-08-2008) all Christian Educational institutions are going to be kept closed as a mark of protest and there will a mass protest rally.
Can this matter be taken up with any top level American Leader so that through him Indian Government can be pressurised to take action to somehow stop the violence?
If America and other western countries put pressure ,Indian Govt will listen.Please think about this and do the needful as the Lord leads you.
May God bless us and protect us at this time of crisis.

Your brother in Christ
JohnDevaKumar
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:01 AM   #2
Thankful Jane

Here is an update from John DevaKumar about the situation in India:

Dear Sister,

The situation in the state of Orissa improved a lot.After continuous violence against Christians now violence stopped.I am sure it is the answer to the prayers of believers all over the world. But thousands of Christians are living in camps run by government. Their condition is very bad.their houses are burnt down.tensions are very high. Please continue to pray for them. Also pray there won't be such a violence in future...

Remember us in your prayers.The gathering in my home is increasing in numbers.So we are now thinking of gathering in two places .We are praying for Lords guidance in this matter

Your Brother in Christ,
JohnDevaKumar
Old 09-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Thankful Jane

Default Re: Further Prayer Request

Here is some more correspondence from John DevaKumar in India. They surely need our prayers.

Dear Sister,
By God's grace we are fine here.The persecution of Christians spread to other states of India.Hindu fundamentalist groups like Vishwa Hindu Parishad(VHP) and Bhajrang Dal etc continued to attack Christians in other parts of India .They targeted mainly large established churches like Catholic Church etc this time.Many large believers churches were also attacked.Due to this many of the believers churches are scattered.They are afraid of gathering in one place.So they start assembling in different places.that too in small groups.

Sometimes I think it may be correction send by God Himself. I think like in first century when there is a persecution and when the believers scatter , Church will grow.Please continue to pray for the believers who are suffering and pray that none of them will be discouraged.

Lord saved me and my wife from a terrible disaster on 13 -09- 08.We were shopping in one of the near by shopping centre.Hardly fifty meter away a bomb exploded and 12 people died on the spot and six more died later in hospital.Five bombs exploded all over Delhi and more than thirty people lost their lives.Elections are fast approaching and to whip up communal passions Hindu and Muslim fundamentalists are doing these type of activities.

Recently one of our friend who still fellowship with LSM came to our house .We talked with him till late in night .He kept on repeating true believers are God but not Godhead.But he also told some practises of the blended brothers.Recently at a blending meeting one of the new LSM church member went without registration.He was not aware about the rules of LSM. When food was served he went to take his food but those serving food (blended brothers) refused to give him food and he was asked to go out to take his food from near by restaurant . This is the "nature they got after eating and drinking Christ" and after they became so called gods.

So sister hope every one in your family and those who fellowship with you are fine.

Continue to remember us in your prayers.
Your brother in Christ
John DevaKumar