Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > So, What About Woman?

Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
OBW

Default Why the woman topic is important

I hate to be the one to throw cold water on things. But I just suggested to Don in another thread that once you add one “if” to facts, all bets are off because everything becomes variable.

This whole Adam/Eve, who was responsible for the fall line is interesting, but pointless. While we’re at it, shall we talk about what would have happened if Hitler had won, or Al Gore, or Hillary (v Obama) (not trying to compare any of them).

I’m not offended, and if this is just a little fun amusement while waiting for the next meaty topic, that’s fine. But it seems we are getting a little too sure of which way the answer would have been in the face of insufficient facts and precedence to make any such statements.

OK. I’ve said enough. Carry on. But it makes me feel a little like this guy.

OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
YP0534

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
I hate to be the one to throw cold water on things. But I just suggested to Don in another thread that once you add one “if” to facts, all bets are off because everything becomes variable.
I think we need a "cold wind" icon for times like this.

how do you draw wind?

Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Quote:

This whole Adam/Eve, who was responsible for the fall line is interesting, but pointless. While we’re at it, shall we talk about what would have happened if Hitler had won, or Al Gore, or Hillary (v Obama) (not trying to compare any of them).

I’m not offended, and if this is just a little fun amusement while waiting for the next meaty topic, that’s fine. But it seems we are getting a little too sure of which way the answer would have been in the face of insufficient facts and precedence to make any such statements.

I do understand where you are coming from, Mike and that you mean no harm by your comments, but surely you know that nobody likes to have cold water thrown on them while having a discussion, as you said you knew you were doing.

No, Mike, it wasn't for fun or amusement and it isn't pointless. As I said in my last post, the point isn't to prove who was responsible. This isn't about winning an argument, but about being fair in the light of the Bible. You might have to be one of Eve's descendants to understand its importance because of the impact wrong beliefs in this area have had on them.

I know who is responsible for the problem in this universe and it isn't human beings, male or female. It's that old serpent. He's a sly one and has done a great job for centuries, of casting Eve and her descendants in a light that the Bible really doesn't put them in.

WL said that all the major heresies in church history were introduced by women. You might not hear that the same way a woman would. I was told that sisters cannot get revelation from the Bible. Why? ... because they can be easily deceived, like Eve was. You can't know what it's like to not be able to open your Bible for years and read it without fear that you might be being deceived if you happen to think you see anything in what you read, and that because of a pronouncement that was laid on you by some of Adam's descendants.

So, no its not pointless for all of the sisters who were/are in the LCs to look at this topic. I guess I am no longer able to hear patronizing statements and just sit there and nod my head in agreement, or sigh and walk away, pretending they weren't said. I happened to have spent hours on these posts, praying and getting into the Word, and reading commentaries.

I could go on, but I won't. I know I keep saying that, and yet I also keep posting. You can chalk it up to over-sensitivity, if you like, but it would be nice for you to give some thought to the possibility that God doesn't find this discussion pointless, either.

He would, however, agree with you that it doesn't belong on this thread.

Thankful Jane

Last edited by Thankful Jane; 07-24-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #4
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:

Mike,

Since you shared with us how this thread makes you feel, I'll just go ahead and let you know that your post made me feel the same way.

Some of us have had a discussion that is meaningful to us. That's important. You haven't participated to the extent that some of us have, except to poo-poo on us. You are free to discuss what interests you and we want nothing but the same freedom in return.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote