Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Old 10-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
YP0534

Default Did I miss the rapture?

I mean, I've been hearing the French president contending for a "new world order" in the wake of the world's financial crisis but I didn't think that I would be the only one on this forum who would be left behind.
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
aron

Default Re: Did I miss the rapture?

It only takes two to make a party, pal.

Regarding the financial mess; it seems to me, not being an economist, that everyone wanted a 10% return on their money, when the rate of growth of the economy(s) is really around 2 or 3 percent. This would create a 'bubble' between real wealth and paper, or perceived wealth, no?

Me, I opted for stability versus growth. I put my eggs in the stable stuff from git go. That way I didn't have to wake up every morning wondering if I gained or lost money yesterday. Too much of a distraction. I am trying to maintain my focus on the things of real value. The eternal things, the things that remain.

One more thought. I remember my "sandbox" days, when money didn't matter. What mattered was a bright yellow shovel and a red plastic bucket with a handle. Good for moving sand. Later, of course, money came to stand in for shovels and buckets and just about everything else, which creates its "value" in the eye of the beholder.

But what is behind the shovel? Why did I in my salad days cling so tightly to plastic and wooden and brightly painted metal objects? Those objects, I suspect, were stand-ins for feelings. And behind those feelings were values, telling my survival instincts which things were important. Because at the end of the day, it's all about getting through another day. And in those days, sandboxes and Matchbox cars were it.

Today, I suspect it's not much different. Behind money is objects, behind objects are feelings, feelings of fear and shame and resentment and whatnot, which we cover up with "stuff". Only Christ can tame those demons, those feelings. No amount of stuff, or money, can solve our dilemma. So I posit that behind the financial crisis is a feelings crisis. And for me, the solution was, and is, Jesus the Christ of God.
aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
YP0534

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
It only takes two to make a party, pal.
When I said I didn't expect to the only one left behind, I didn't necessarily mean you, aron.
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
Old 10-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
countmeworthy

I think I'm missing something here????....:
Are we talking about the Rapture and the End times somewhere?
If we are...will someone point me to that thread please? Thanks!

One thing is for sure...I haven't missed the rapture and I have no intentions of missing it & I pray everyone here will here the TRUMPET blow.

I'm still running the race...fighting the good fight...not only for myself but for my fellow saints in Christ through prayer and supplication..praying and believing my family will be saved and delivered as well as my friends..and even my enemies...those that rub me the wrong way & those I rub the wrong way too!

A couple of very insightful and riveting books to read on where we are in time..are
1) The Ezekiel Option
2) Dead HeatBoth are fiction but quite sobering and turn paging books. The Ezekiel Option is the best in his series if you ask me.

They are both written by Joel Rosenberg.

Has anyone read these books?

I have never read any of the "Left Behind" books but I don't think Rosenberg's are like the Tim LaHaye's books at all.

I'm re-reading Dead Heat right now. It's eeerily written for these days we're living in...like TODAY...not last year. If anything remotely should come to pass as he 'fictionalized' in this book.......I PRAY NONE OF US are around to witness what seems like a very, real possibility of what could take place...and not in the far distant future either.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:26 AM   #5
YP0534

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
I think I'm missing something here????....:
Are we talking about the Rapture and the End times somewhere?
If we are...will someone point me to that thread please? Thanks!
CMW: I was making a small joke about the fact that there hadn't been any posts on this site for a long time.

As to the rest, I do aspire with you and all those who pursue but I have no confidence that I've attained anything.

Grace be with you!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP0534 View Post
CMW: I was making a small joke about the fact that there hadn't been any posts on this site for a long time.

As to the rest, I do aspire with you and all those who pursue but I have no confidence that I've attained anything.
Grace be with you!
Take heart YP0534!

You have CHRIST, the ANOINTED ONE, in you, the HOPE of GLORY.

There are many who right now have 'confidence' that they've attained much. Boy..are they in for a RUDE awakening !!!

A time will come when they stand before the THRONE, listing all their accomplishments...casting out devils in the Name of Jesus, prophesying in His Name, and doing many 'wonderful' works. (Matthew 7:22-24)

Remember..Christ is our SOLID ROCK. HE began a most excellent work in each and everyone of us and our confidence is that HE is going to complete it through the Holy Spirit guiding us every step of the way.

Look UP...for our Redemption draws near!

May we all be counted worthy to escape the things that are about to come to pass! HELP US LORD JESUS !!!!
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote