Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching

Old 12-30-2019, 01:57 AM   #1
jesusislord

Default The Lord is not going to build His church by the method of lying

I don't know whether it's a good intention or not when the leading brothers need to lie or hide things or prevent the members in the lc to know the full reality, but it's definitely wrong because it's an offend to the Holy Spirit when they practice these things in recruiting new members or maintaining current members. There's little liberty within the lc, because they gave you a false impression that they are special, they tell short history of lc, they discourage you to read books from another author.

I felt sad for myself, as I became Chrisitan through the lc, for many years I've been limited my view and options because of their exclusive teachings. Even these leading one really believe what they think what they believe it's the truth they can't just cut off the options and present the reality.

They just can't be honest enough that they are so tiny in the body of Christ, they like to speak like they are the entire body of Christ. They won't tell you how little people actually are using the recovery version bible. They boast to you how the interpretation in the recovery version has been enjoyed by the saints within. They downplay the good fruits produced by other groups. That's why when the saints got hurt or got disappointed in the lc, they seem to lost everything, because of the false perception that the lc is the only and best community to be with.
jesusislord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 08:17 AM   #2
Freedom

Default Re: The Lord is not going to build His church by the method of lying

I think a lot of the problem with the LC is that they are absolutely convinced that they have a special "vision" and purpose. Among those in the LC who are the most dedicated to those supposed ideals, it seems that they are constantly frustrated at the lack of interest in, and opposition to what the LC stands for. They just can't bring themselves to understand why the general public or other Christians could care less about the LC.

As long as people in the LC remain convinced of what they stand for, it becomes clear why in their minds, the end justifies the means. In order to be willing to lie or be deceptive, I would think that they would have to be fully convinced of what they are promoting.

Even in my own experience, that was one of the things that caused me to start questioning the LC. When I was the president of a Christians on Campus club, I just could not get past the fact that they wanted to hide their affiliation with the local churches. Even though at that point in time I was supportive of the LC's, I couldn't see how lying justified anything that the LC was trying to accomplish. I eventually stopped participating for that very reason. It was dishonest.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I think a lot of the problem with the LC is that they are absolutely convinced that they have a special "vision" and purpose. Among those in the LC who are the most dedicated to those supposed ideals, it seems that they are constantly frustrated at the lack of interest in, and opposition to what the LC stands for. They just can't bring themselves to understand why the general public or other Christians could care less about the LC.
They can just tell themselves that others are blinded and haven't seen the truth . . .

Trouble is, of course, the real blinding that's happened is the LC not seeing how prideful and elitist their separating stance is. As has been said on here many times, the big irony is that the teaching that was supposed to be THE practical vehicle for oneness in the body of Christ, has just resulted in a fleshly, loveless division!
Old 12-30-2019, 01:17 PM   #4
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
They can just tell themselves that others are blinded and haven't seen the truth . . .

Trouble is, of course, the real blinding that's happened is the LC not seeing how prideful and elitist their separating stance is. As has been said on here many times, the big irony is that the teaching that was supposed to be THE practical vehicle for oneness in the body of Christ, has just resulted in a fleshly, loveless division!
Yes, they became the very thing they set out not to be. The problem that they sought to solve became even moreso of a problem within the LC than many other groups.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Yes, they became the very thing they set out not to be. The problem that they sought to solve became even more so of a problem within the LC than many other groups.
Yes, they put so much emphasis on it! Only a few groups that I can think of are so strongly that way. That is, wearing their "uniqueness" so prominently on their sleeve.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:15 PM   #6
jesusislord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Yes, they put so much emphasis on it! Only a few groups that I can think of are so strongly that way. That is, wearing their "uniqueness" so prominently on their sleeve.
mormon, jw, flying Spaghetti Monster also claim they are unique..
jesusislord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 06:36 AM   #7
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusislord View Post
mormon, jw, flying Spaghetti Monster also claim they are unique..
I'd add SDA and Amish.