Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #1
Chris Fleming

Default LSM people desperately need to read this

"For every one conference a Christian attends, he or she should go serve someone in need ten times".

Exactly. LSM churches are rich in ministry messages, but from my experience this has completely degraded into what they say they are against--religion. They talk about messages, they read messages, they take notes on messages, they stand up and share what they liked about messages.

Maybe it's time to go back and look at what the Lord Jesus Christ actually did while He was on the earth and read what He told us to do?

Just a thought...

http://wearethatfamily.com/2014/03/t...talking-about/
Chris Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:43 PM   #2
awareness

Default Re: LSM people desperately need to read this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fleming View Post
"For every one conference a Christian attends, he or she should go serve someone in need ten times".

Exactly. LSM churches are rich in ministry messages, but from my experience this has completely degraded into what they say they are against--religion. They talk about messages, they read messages, they take notes on messages, they stand up and share what they liked about messages.
I wonder if attending conferences, trainings, meetings, and constantly reading messages, is what Jesus pictured as the kingdom of God on earth. Seems kind of silly by comparison.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
OBW

Of course that is what Jesus wanted. It is right there in 3 Lee 2:15 where it says "separate yourselves from the world by venturing into it only enough to work and earn money and to buy sufficient provisions to continue living. The rest of your earnings are devoted to the continuance of The Ministry through standing book orders, conference and training fees, and purchase of better and better burial plots near the grave of your most cherished ancestor."

And if you don't have the heart for that, pray-read it for 15 minutes every day until you do.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
Of course that is what Jesus wanted. It is right there in 3 Lee 2:15 where it says "separate yourselves from the world by venturing into it only enough to work and earn money and to buy sufficient provisions to continue living. The rest of your earnings are devoted to the continuance of The Ministry through standing book orders, conference and training fees, and purchase of better and better burial plots near the grave of your most cherished ancestor."

And if you don't have the heart for that, pray-read it for 15 minutes every day until you do.
And that's seeking first the kingdom of God ....