Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > Writings and Concerns of Steve Isitt

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #1
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,173
Default Handling Matters In House

I admit I am a source in this article when I brought to Indiana's attention what a brother's "fellowship" was in regard to his Indiana's many writings found on the internet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HandlingMattersInHouse.pdf (29.7 KB, 131 views)
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #2
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

I've never been in a situation where I have addressed any concerns with LC brothers/elders, however, I can say there have been plenty of times where I have wanted to confront them.

I think that somehow I already knew that bringing up concerns would go nowhere. That's not to say that I always new better, I was really just as naÔve as Steve says he was when he first went to the brothers. At one point in time, I really thought that the LC provided an atmosphere of fellowship. Over time I realized that LC "fellowship" was always one-sided.

I think I had this realization through seeing how LC leaders handled themselves publicly. For example, I attended numerous fellowship/coordination meetings. In the vast majority of these meetings, we would read a ministry excerpt and then near the end of the meeting the brother in charge would tell use how things were going to happen. There was no fellowship whatsoever, nor was there the opportunity for anyone to interject. I eventually had to accept the fact that whatever LC leaders wanted was the way it was going to be. By this, I think I realized that addressing concerns that didn't serve the agendas of LC leaders would be fruitless.

When I began to have more serious concerns, I thought about talking to the brothers, and even a few times I just wanted to tell them off. I could have easily done that, but I realized that instead of addressing my concerns with the brothers and risk having them marginalize what I had to say, why not post publicly on the internet where those who truly had interest in what I had to say could engage in discussion. Looking back, I realize it was the only viable route to take.

If LC leaders don't like what is said on the internet, why haven't they taken the opportunity to address those concerns? What I think is that they have done a risk assessment and decided that the defectors that will go to the internet are few and far between, therefore it is not a problem worthy of devoting too much time to. If they throw out labels like "lawless users of the internet" it scares enough LCers to keep in line.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,173
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
When I began to have more serious concerns, I thought about talking to the brothers, and even a few times I just wanted to tell them off. I could have easily done that, but I realized that instead of addressing my concerns with the brothers and risk having them marginalize what I had to say, why not post publicly on the internet where those who truly had interest in what I had to say could engage in discussion. Looking back, I realize it was the only viable route to take.

If LC leaders don't like what is said on the internet, why haven't they taken the opportunity to address those concerns? What I think is that they have done a risk assessment and decided that the defectors that will go to the internet are few and far between, therefore it is not a problem worthy of devoting too much time to. If they throw out labels like "lawless users of the internet" it scares enough LCers to keep in line.
Realistically, the best case scenario from elders (short of repentance for misrepresentation) is conceding your concerns have merit, but adhere to the blended brothers "feeling of the Body".
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Realistically, the best case scenario from elders (short of repentance for misrepresentation) is conceding your concerns have merit, but adhere to the blended brothers "feeling of the Body".
I've definitely seen elders admit that concerns have merit, or at least acknowledge concerns, however, it stops there. When it comes to taking action, it just doesn't happen.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #5
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 9,571
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I've definitely seen elders admit that concerns have merit, or at least acknowledge concerns, however, it stops there. When it comes to taking action, it just doesn't happen.
Decades of indoctrination in the LCM have taught local elders not to take any action. Leaders like WL and TC regularly would "make an example" out of brothers who made a decision on their own, or attempted to follow the Lord on their own, or made a local decision which they disapproved of.

Public embarrassment is a strong disincentive to "taking action."
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #6
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,026
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
If LC leaders don't like what is said on the internet, why haven't they taken the opportunity to address those concerns? What I think is that they have done a risk assessment and decided that the defectors that will go to the internet are few and far between, therefore it is not a problem worthy of devoting too much time to.
Not true for Kangas. I remember writing to Ron K. when I discovered David Kangas established "www.jimmoranexposed.com." I pointed it out to him and asked two questions. 1) Did he know about it? and, 2) If so why would he be fighting a rear guard rather than go on with the Lord's blessings.

RK wrote back to me with an angry tone, and eventually told me I had no right to question his spirituality.

Also, Kangas publicly called Steve a man of death. And warns the saints against him.

We've seen more evidence that Kangas keeps up with the negative material on the web. For example, back when the old Bereans forum was going my dear friend Hosepipe was calling Witness Lee Witless Lee. Shortly after that, Kangas remarked about that too.

The LC leadership is very concerned about what's being said about Lee and the LC on the web. They do their best to counter it by covering up the web with all their material. Just read wiki on Watchman Nee if you want to read a sample of it.
__________________
There's enough religion in the world for people to hate each other. But not enough for people to love each other. There's a serpent in every paradise. Trusting in God is easy. It's trusting in man that requires a lot of faith.
Judaism is Satanic Catholicism is demonic and Christianity is christless - Witness Lee.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #7
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Not true for Kangas. I remember writing to Ron K. when I discovered David Kangas established "www.jimmoranexposed.com." I pointed it out to him and asked two questions. 1) Did he know about it? and, 2) If so why would he be fighting a rear guard rather than go on with the Lord's blessings.

RK wrote back to me with an angry tone, and eventually told me I had no right to question his spirituality.

Also, Kangas publicly called Steve a man of death. And warns the saints against him.

We've seen more evidence that Kangas keeps up with the negative material on the web. For example, back when the old Bereans forum was going my dear friend Hosepipe was calling Witness Lee Witless Lee. Shortly after that, Kangas remarked about that too.

The LC leadership is very concerned about what's being said about Lee and the LC on the web. They do their best to counter it by covering up the web with all their material. Just read wiki on Watchman Nee if you want to read a sample of it.
I just meant that they must see suppressing concerns as worth the risk of people taking concerns to the internet.

Some of the BB's have made it obvious that they read things on the internet. What you say about Ron's son David, that's interesting. Sounds like David is a "lawless user of the internet".

Ron is the one who has made it clear that he is bothered about what is on the internet. Of all the BB's he's the one that seems to reference it the most. If he's really that concerned about it, why doesn't he come here for a friendly debate?
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #8
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,026
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Of all the BB's he's [Kangas] the one that seems to reference it the most. If he's really that concerned about it, why doesn't he come here for a friendly debate?
That would be great. Then he could really let me have it. It would be worth it to hear from him out here.
__________________
There's enough religion in the world for people to hate each other. But not enough for people to love each other. There's a serpent in every paradise. Trusting in God is easy. It's trusting in man that requires a lot of faith.
Judaism is Satanic Catholicism is demonic and Christianity is christless - Witness Lee.
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #9
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,173
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Ron is the one who has made it clear that he is bothered about what is on the internet. Of all the BB's he's the one that seems to reference it the most. If he's really that concerned about it, why doesn't he come here for a friendly debate?
I believe your answer is found in the following verse:

He who is slow to anger has great understanding, But he who is quick-tempered exalts folly. Proverbs 14:29
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #10
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,173
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post

RK wrote back to me with an angry tone, and eventually told me I had no right to question his spirituality.

Also, Kangas publicly called Steve a man of death. And warns the saints against him.
Something I posted in 2013:

I noticed when Steve released An Examination of A Response to Recent Accusations, was from November, 2006. I have considered when Ron gave his man of death rant was at an International Conference estimated in 2007. It was a direct reaction to this specific writing by Steve Isitt. Not knowing Ron Kangas, I consider this to be out of character for him. Same conference, there was opportunity to name another brother by name (Bill Mallon) and he did not. Even as recent as November, 2012 there was another opportunity to name a brother by name (Bill Freeman) and he did not. Perhaps this writing of Steve’s was being circulated by Dong’s co-workers and by nature blended brothers do not allow themselves to be put on the defensive. Which is why instead defending what he and Kerry wrote, Ron chose to go after Steve Isitt. Question, isn't possible Ron’s “man of death” rant was a direct attack against Steve?
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:50 AM   #11
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 9,571
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
RK wrote back to me with an angry tone, and eventually told me I had no right to question his spirituality.

Also, Kangas publicly called Steve a man of death. And warns the saints against him.
And RK has the right to question Steve's spirituality?
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:17 AM   #12
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
If LC leaders don't like what is said on the internet, why haven't they taken the opportunity to address those concerns?
It's a basic attitude of arrogance. I understand ignoring stupid accusations. A teacher can't spend all his time dealing with opposition. But ignoring genuine concerns and serious questions that keep coming up is arrogant, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Ron is the one who has made it clear that he is bothered about what is on the internet. Of all the BB's he's the one that seems to reference it the most. If he's really that concerned about it, why doesn't he come here for a friendly debate?
Because he's afraid he'd lose.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:33 AM   #13
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

To summarize my previous post, LCM leaders are motivated either by fear or by arrogance or by both. The reason they will not address genuine concerns about their beliefs, practices and history is either they are afraid they will be proven at fault, or they are so arrogant they think they are above being accountable. If there's another possible reason, I can't think of what it might be.

I've spoken in other threads of the LCM tendency to be less than forthcoming. This Chinese trait, which Nee used to make himself mysterious and unapproachable (and now appears to have been meant to hide his sexual dalliances) was well-learned by his followers and still practiced, even by some who've left the movement. It's just a convenient way of not being accountable.

Jesus deflected insincere questions. But he answered sincere ones. The LCM way is to consider all questions they don't want to answer as insincere, which is most questions they get asked, excepting perhaps "What time is the meeting?" Any probing questions are deflected as fleshly, soulish or "of the wrong tree." Yes, very convenient.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:43 PM   #14
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,173
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
To summarize my previous post, LCM leaders are motivated either by fear or by arrogance or by both. The reason they will not address genuine concerns about their beliefs, practices and history is either they are afraid they will be proven at fault, or they are so arrogant they think they are above being accountable. If there's another possible reason, I can't think of what it might be.
I've given it thought. If we're honest regarding elders we have crossed paths with, there's agreement they're good brothers. For some as Ohio as states many times, the system has produced bullies out of good brothers.

Another possible reason I have considered, many elders are ignorant or uneducated regarding unedited LC history. Generally accept what has been passed by Witness Lee/Blended brothers is received by elders as being concise factual accounts. When at best it's half truths blended in with misrepresentations and besmirching of former leading ones.
Naturally I would expect a DCP monitor to lurk on forums such as this and eventually a report would be submitted to certain blended brothers for their disseminations. Which of course would be withheld from local elders. Until elders decide to educate themselves, they are only able to see one side of the coin.

The fear you have mentioned Igzy is none other than fear of man. There is fear of being described as being independent should they try to exercise their function with impartiality. To do that he would no longer be considered "in one accord". Thus there is fear which binds him to be PARTIAL.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 PM   #15
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
To summarize my previous post, LCM leaders are motivated either by fear or by arrogance or by both. The reason they will not address genuine concerns about their beliefs, practices and history is either they are afraid they will be proven at fault, or they are so arrogant they think they are above being accountable. If there's another possible reason, I can't think of what it might be.
I agree that the blendeds operate by fear of the LC being exposed for what it is. I see local leaders as operating mainly by fear of the unknown. The arrogance is common to both groups of LC leaders, that being the notion that they are the ones leading Godís move on earth.

I would guess that most local leaders probably arenít aware of most of the things discussed on this forum or the important parts of LC history that arenít known to many.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #16
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
I've spoken in other threads of the LCM tendency to be less than forthcoming. This Chinese trait, which Nee used to make himself mysterious and unapproachable (and now appears to have been meant to hide his sexual dalliances) was well-learned by his followers and still practiced, even by some who've left the movement. It's just a convenient way of not being accountable.
Any leader who isn't held accountable has a free pass and that's dangerous. Given what we know, it makes a lot more sense now why Nee shrouded himself in mystery, he likely wanted it that way.

It seems Lee was more blatant about not wanting to be forthcoming or accountable. This statement of his comes to mind:
"Who can say that he is perfected? So you are not qualified to criticize what I am doing. I didn’t include you in my fellowship – how can I? So let there be no more talk about anything I do."

He used that kind of talk to cover what he was doing. When Sal Benoit questioned him about Daystar his response was: "Well, Sal, I will say this is not your business."


Sorry to say, Lee was manipulative. He took advantage of the respect he had. He had much to hide, so was able to avoid accountability.

The BB's have also sidestepped accountability. I think they differ from Lee in that they have sought to improve the public image of the LCM, even though their actions have indicated that they still follow in the footsteps of Lee in regards to not allowing themselves to be held accountable.

Something that occurred to me is that that while the BB's were busy working with CRI to prove the Lee's teachings were orthodox, they simultaneously ignored the concerns related to internal matters (Daystar, quarantines, etc), which are arguably more important issues for ex-LC and current LC members. So they have tried to improve public image and all the while things within the LC couldn't be more warped.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:12 PM   #17
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I've given it thought. If we're honest regarding elders we have crossed paths with, there's agreement they're good brothers.
Terry, Can you (we) define what is a "good brother?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I would guess that most local leaders probably aren’t aware of most of the things discussed on this forum or the important parts of LC history that aren’t known to many.
Arrogance + ignorance is not a formula for success.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:16 PM   #18
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Something that occurred to me is that that while the BB's were busy working with CRI to prove the Lee's teachings were orthodox, they simultaneously ignored the concerns related to internal matters (Daystar, quarantines, etc), which are arguably more important issues for ex-LC and current LC members. So they have tried to improve public image and all the while things within the LC couldn't be more warped.
Interesting point.
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #19
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 9,571
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Naturally I would expect a DCP monitor to lurk on forums such as this and eventually a report would be submitted to certain blended brothers for their disseminations. Which of course would be withheld from local elders. Until elders decide to educate themselves, they are only able to see one side of the coin.
Oh I can guarantee that DCP operatives have filing cabinets and hard drives full of Isitt's, Tomes', and others' posts, organized by severity of "libel," with which they have consulted with injury lawyers concerning.

To an agency like DCP, "fight the good fight" means to file another lawsuit. Otherwise they are not doing their jobs.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:09 PM   #20
Freedom
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,445
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Interesting point.
To me, the silence on the part of the blendeds/DCP says a lot. Obviously Ron couldnít quite keep his mouth shut and called Steve a ďman of deathĒ. I agree with Terryís hypothesis, that this was mainly Ronís reaction to An Examination of A Response to Recent Accusations. Did Ron let his temper get the best of him? It sure seems he slipped up. I say this because there has been no formal response produced for any of Steveís writings, so it would not be unreasonable to assume the official stance in regards to Steveís writings is that of silence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Oh I can guarantee that DCP operatives have filing cabinets and hard drives full of Isitt's, Tomes', and others' posts, organized by severity of "libel," with which they have consulted with injury lawyers concerning.

To an agency like DCP, "fight the good fight" means to file another lawsuit. Otherwise they are not doing their jobs.
Itís hard to know for sure what DCP is doing. By the time the Titus quarantine had wrapped up, it seems like DCP stopped producing responses to the writings of Nigel and others. They havenít responded to any of his recent writings. I think with respect to Steve, they fear the truth coming to light. That being said, Iím sure they are monitoring his writings, but their legs are tied.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:00 PM   #21
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,173
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Terry, Can you (we) define what is a "good brother?"
Kind, cordial, compassionate. Until the system changes their pleasant disposition.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:01 AM   #22
Igzy
Member
 
Igzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Kind, cordial, compassionate. Until the system changes their pleasant disposition.
Is it possible to remain a good brother and be for the system too?
__________________
Courage is not the absence of fear. It's doing the right thing in the face of fear.
Igzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #23
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 9,571
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
To me, the silence on the part of the blendeds/DCP says a lot. Obviously Ron couldnít quite keep his mouth shut and called Steve a ďman of deathĒ. I agree with Terryís hypothesis, that this was mainly Ronís reaction to An Examination of A Response to Recent Accusations. Did Ron let his temper get the best of him? It sure seems he slipped up. I say this because there has been no formal response produced for any of Steveís writings, so it would not be unreasonable to assume the official stance in regards to Steveís writings is that of silence.
I'm not so sure if that is the sole reason because RK spoke that to a small gather of South American discontents during the time Dong Yu Lan and Brazil was being quarantined. RK was hanging on to SoAmer with all he had.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #24
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 9,571
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Itís hard to know for sure what DCP is doing. By the time the Titus quarantine had wrapped up, it seems like DCP stopped producing responses to the writings of Nigel and others. They havenít responded to any of his recent writings. I think with respect to Steve, they fear the truth coming to light. That being said, Iím sure they are monitoring his writings, but their legs are tied.
If they could do something legally to Steve, they would have done it already. Guaranteed they have had numerous meetings both in Anaheim and the Northwest with "what to do about Steve" being the topic of discussion.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:27 AM   #25
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 9,571
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Is it possible to remain a good brother and be for the system too?
When Titus Chu publicly said that brother so-n-so, who was not in the meeting, was a "dear brother," it implied that the brother was opinionated, and had problems with the program.

"Good brothers" were loyal brothers, loyal to the program.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:35 AM   #26
Terry
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Renton, Washington
Posts: 3,173
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
If they could do something legally to Steve, they would have done it already. Guaranteed they have had numerous meetings both in Anaheim and the Northwest with "what to do about Steve" being the topic of discussion.
In military terms, for DCP to take legal action against Steve would be like going into battle without any ammunition. DCP has the financial resources, but Steve has truth on his side.
I doubt the blended brothers want to subject themselves to depositions....Which brings us to Leviticus 5:1

Now if a person sins after he hears a public adjuration to testify when he is a witness, whether he has seen or otherwise known, if he does not tell it, then he will bear his guilt.
__________________
"Even a neutral has a right to take account of facts, even a neutral cannot be asked to close his mind or close his conscience."- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #27
Ohio
Member
 
Ohio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greater Ohio
Posts: 9,571
Default Re: Handling Matters In House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
In military terms, for DCP to take legal action against Steve would be like going into battle without any ammunition. DCP has the financial resources, but Steve has truth on his side.
I doubt the blended brothers want to subject themselves to depositions....Which brings us to Leviticus 5:1

Now if a person sins after he hears a public adjuration to testify when he is a witness, whether he has seen or otherwise known, if he does not tell it, then he will bear his guilt.
Many a righteous man has gone bankrupt with "truth on his side." Happens all the time.
__________________
Ohio's motto is: With God all things are possible!.
Keeping all my posts short, quick, living, and to the point!

.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 PM.


3.8.9