Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Old 03-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default My interpretation of the Book of Acts

Oops. I think I improperly posted in the wrong thread. Anyway, here it is again.
Praise the Lord. Amen.

How are you?
I was once in the Local Church of Houston which has been a life long influence on me. It was later while attending the University of Houston that I had a vision regarding "authority" in the Book of Acts. While the fellowship in the Local Church has recently opened the book of Acts, I would like to offer my interpretation.

I break the Book of Acts down to five individuals, the great Apostle Peter, the lessor deacon Stephen, the lessor deacon Phillip, the Eunuch who Phillip preached the gospel to along the road, and, finally, the worst tyrant to ever live in Saul of Tarsus.

What I saw while witnessing (listening) to this angel for some four hours, a felllow student in my philosophy of science class, was how the congregation in the new church treated Apostle Peter differently from the deacon Stephen although both had been preaching pretty much the same message. In other words, it was accepted to the congregation in the old temple to have a strong person like Peter preaching. In comparison, anger was already stirring amongst them against Stephen before he even spoke. (You will be able to discern this in the Word). In other words, it wasn't the essence of the old testament Stephen was speaking which angered the old-timer temple people in the new church, but the essence of who Stephen was which the word in the Book of Acts says of him that his face was like an angel. Stephen and Phillip were thought to be worthless members in the church which is why the mighty Apostle's would lay their blessings on them to work the task of waiting on tables while they themselves were freed to go off to do more important things.

Problem is, the power of the Lord is given to serve. So, the Apostles unwittingly transferred their power over into the seven worthless deacons. The significance here is how Stephen possessed a great power to save himself yet their was nothing in him to do so. After he was murdered in the new church, the word continued on to narrow the true essence of Stephen down even further by having deacon Phillip meet up with an even more worthless Eunuch. For example, this Eunuch did not feel he had the power (manhood) to interpret the old testament, but then rejoiced after the power of the Holy Spirit was transferred over into him through his baptism.

It was this power in the Eunuch which met up with Saul of Tarsus. This interpretation doesn't acknowledge a rise to the Apostle Paul, but a narrowing down to him. In the end, it was Saul of Tarsus who Christ finally asked why he was persecuting Him while this question was never asked of king Herod or the leading Roman authority Pilate, who was a preface to the Roman emperor.