Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > To God Be The Glory!

To God Be The Glory! A Place to Praise, Honor and Glorify our God! Words of Praise and Encouragement. Poems, Hymns, Prayers, Words of Wisdom, Knowledge and Prophetic Speaking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #1
countmeworthy

Default Tis the season

When I first came to the LC back in 1975, we did not celebrate or commemorate the birth of Jesus or His FIRST coming. In fact we heard all the evil stories of Christmas being associated with pagan worship.

In a way, it liberated us from obligations but it turned us into religious pharisees. I personally threw in the towel when we no longer would call Sunday, SUNDAY. It was now called 'THE LORD'S DAY'.

So what about all the other days?? Were they not the Lord's days?? And wasn't Monday a pagan day too?? As were all the other days and names of the months. Even our Gregorian calendar came from Pope Gregory XIII and Lee did not make a stink about that.

So that brings me to the season we are in. I saw this commentary from CHRISTCONNECTION.NET

I thought it was worth posting here. CHEERS EVERYONE!! Our redemption truly draws nigh!!!

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2016

'TIS THE SEASON

'Tis the season in which religious legalists come out in force grumbling about how wrong it is to celebrate Christmas.

I'm not referring to atheists or the ACLU griping about public Nativity displays, I'm talking about grumpy religious idiots who have nothing better to do than "find fault" and try to ruin the holiday for everyone else.

Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say, that includes certain Evangelicals, certain Messianic Jews, and even certain members of my own family.

They argue that Jesus wasn't really born on December 25th. Well, duh?

That it USED TO BE a pagan holiday. That Jesus was Jewish and that this holiday lacks any Hebraic roots. Really? We’ll see about that…

That wreaths are evil, ornaments are evil, Christmas trees are evil, Santa Claus is evil, and Nativity scenes are inaccurate.

Next thing you know, EGGNOG is sinful because it contains a little alcohol.

What's next, GINGERBREAD HOUSES?

They can't produce A SINGLE VERSE OF SCRIPTURE to back up their ridiculous objection.

And, frankly, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN about the carnal OPINION of religious idiots.

How's THAT for a little Christmas attitude?

EVERYONE in the civilized world knows that Jesus WASN'T BORN ON December 25th,

SO WHAT?

That's THE DAY we SET APART (sanctify) TO CELEBRATE HIS FIRST COMING into this corrupt, sin laden world.

The actual date is far less important than the fact He SO LOVED you and me that He took on human form in order to save us (John 3:16).

Unless, of course, you'd rather that Jesus had never been born. In which case, EVERYONE, including little old sanctimonious you, is going STRAIGHT to hell.

As far as December 25 being a FORMER pagan holiday, WHO CARES?

I know of NO CHRISTIAN who worships Helios, Apollo, or Sol Invictus (same pagan god, known by three different names). Most people don't even KNOW such false deity was EVER worshipped.

And, what are you saying anyway? That we can ONLY worship Jesus ON DAYS WHEN PAGANS HAVE NEVER CELEBRATED ANYTHING?

I'm sure if we dig deep enough EVERY DAY ON THE CALENDAR has, at some point, been desecrated by some form of pagan worship in some ancient civilization.

Therefore, by that STUPID rationale, there would be NO DAYS LEFT in which to worship Jesus!

By the way, I better NOT catch any of you self-righteous nitwits singing "THIS IS THE DAY that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it", because YOU'RE CONTRADICTING YOURSELVES.

That verse, Psalm 118:24, applies to ANY day of the year, to WHATEVER day it happens to be.

The whole POINT of that verse is that it's NEVER WRONG to worship the One true God, Jesus Christ.

He SHOULD be worshipped EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR.

With regards to “Hebraic” roots, I beg to differ.

This is WHAT THE VERY HEBREW Bible says about worshiping God:

“Happy are those that dwell in your house; THEY SHALL CONTINUALLY PRAISE YOU. Selah.” (Psalm 84:4)

And again:

“I will sing unto the LORD AS LONG AS I LIVE: I will sing PRAISE TO MY GOD WHILE I HAVE MY BEING.” (Psalm 104:33)

And again:

“Blessed be the name of the LORD FROM THIS TIME FORTH AND FOREVERMORE.

FROM THE RISING OF THE SUN UNTO THE GOING DOWN OF THE SAME THE LORD'S NAME IS TO BE PRAISED.” (Psalms 113:2-3)

And, again:

“The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.

But we will bless the LORD FROM THIS TIME FORTH AND FOREVERMORE. Praise the LORD.” (Psalm 115:17-18)

Again: “My mouth will praise the LORD. LET ALL WHO LIVE PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME FOREVER!” (Psalm 145:21)

Again: “EVERY DAY I WILL PRAISE YOU and praise your Name forever and ever.” (Psalm 145:2)

I see NO EXCEPTIONS in the above verses for December 25.

So take this legalistic B.S. about it being "non-Hebraic" TO CELEBRATE AND WORSHIP GOD –ALL THE TIME, EVERY SINGLE DAY -- ELSEWHERE.

As far as Christmas trees, ornaments and wreaths, we will discuss them in another message.

EVERYONE who loves Jesus should rejoice and be glad that there's at least ONE day a year in which THE WORLD stops to remember and celebrate His Birthday.

Celebrating our Lord's birth is TOTALLY scriptural.

I encourage everyone to read the beautiful, timeless story in the first chapter of Matthew's Gospel, and the second chapter of Luke's Gospel.

Mary and Joseph celebrated it.

Elizabeth celebrated it.

John the Baptist, even while in his mother's womb, celebrated it.

In the temple, Simeon and Anna celebrated it.

The wise men celebrated it.

The shepherds celebrated it…

EVEN THE ANGELS REJOICED and glorified God over it! (Luke 2:13-14)

THE ONLY ONES who DIDN'T celebrate Christmas were SATAN and wicked Herod.

THAT says a lot about Christmas haters, right there.
Let me leave you with this happy thought:

EVERY DAY you DENY to Jesus is a day which, by default, YOU'RE GIVING TO SATAN.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote