Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthopraxy - Christian Practice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
rayliotta

Default Where Has All the Orthopraxy Gone?

I'd like to pose a simple and straightforward question to this forum:

Why do we seem to spend so little time discussing Recovery practice?

It's my personal belief that it's Recovery practice, more than Recovery doctrine, that has caused so much harm to so many people (and families) over the years.

Many of us have acknowledged this here on this forum (and on the old Bereans forum). When CRI said, "We Were Wrong," we discussed here that the most harmful aspects of the Lord's Recovery movement have little to do w/the doctrinal points (modalism, etc.) that CRI was focused on.

John Myer, in his book, A Future and a Hope, refers to "odd myths [that] floated around the LC Movement," such as "that Witness Lee had a 'golden finger'" (chapter 15). There were a lot of things that were (are) repeated a lot by members, that wouldn't necessarily make it into print. I believe it may be these things "just below the surface," that have left many people in a confused and emotionally scarred state, either while still in the LRC, or (especially) after exiting the group.

So, a simple, friendly question: Why don't we talk more about that stuff here?
And for this cause, the Good Shepherd left the 99 pieces of crappy building material, and went out to recover the one remnant piece of good building material. For the Lord will build His church, and He will build it with the good building material, not the crappy kind.
rayliotta is offline   Reply With Quote