Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default In need of advice

Hello Everyone,
I am so grateful to have stumbled across this forum. I feel like the Lord has been working in my life recently and I hope that the time for my family to leave the LC is coming soon.

I will try to be brief, but allow me to introduce myself and explain my circumstances. I have been attending the LC for a little over 12 years.My husband first brought me to a meeting before we were married. I was a young, care-free college student and loved the church life for the first couple years. We married and had our first child. At that point, motherhood opened my heart to deeper level of understanding and I began to be unhappy about many things in the LC.

At first I was afraid to express my concerns to my husband, but as the years passed I did eventually attempt to speak to him. I was always met with anger. Let me explain that my husband was born and raised in the LC. There is no question that these are his core beliefs. However, my husband is still to this day a so called backslider. He does not prophesy and does not care if we have perfect attendance to the meetings. This fact always gave me hope that one day, he might be open to leaving. More recently, he has been open to discussion, yet remains very defensive.

We have four children and my heart fears for them. I do not want them to continue to be raised in the LC. What I am hoping to find here at this forum are tools to help me speak to my husband.

Thank you all!