Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
TLFisher

Default Where have I gone?

Ever since I stopped meeting with a locality on a consistent basis, it's been an effort to meet anywhere else. Some congregations I've liked, language has been an obstacle. With other congregations it's a case of going through the motions. Afterwards everyone goes their own way without taking the time to mingle with one another.

One aspect that has been my endeavor to keep doing is meeting in the homes. With the current group I've been meeting with for some time has been centering on Jesus Christ. Some of us have similar backgrounds while others share backgrounds unfamiliar to me. Of course none of our backgrounds is relevant. All that matters is coming together in the Lord for fellowship through the Word.
Grace to you all,

Terry Fisher
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #2
thisovercomer

Default Re: Where have I gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Ever since I stopped meeting with a locality on a consistent basis, it's been an effort to meet anywhere else.
I am new to this forum and realize this is an older message--many are, but since this is something the Lord has stirred in me I am responding.

Once you have experienced a life apart from denomination (at least in theory) I don't think there ever is a way to go back to an organize religion and really be at peace. This is actually a sort of threat we have been left with by the brother at the LC "you will never find true fellowship outside of here".

But, I don't put my faith in the words of men, I put my faith in the words of our Lord who tells me that John 15: 7 If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you. Therefore I am asking and begging the Lord to bring me and my household into fellowship with ones who seek His own heart. That is a BIG request. Since leaving we are meeting in our home and going on in the Lord, without form but organically. My testimony is that Christ will overcome denominations in me!

Quote:
Of course none of our backgrounds is relevant. All that matters is coming together in the Lord for fellowship through the Word.
Grace to you all,
The Spirit can be expressed and understood always to those in Spirit. I will pray for you that you do not give up hope but remain pure to the testimony you have received in Christ. Lord may I never be that lonely to be content with denominations. When I am, may I turn my spirit to you again, and again and again.

Once you have tasted the riches of Christ, you can not settle for less.
My prayers sustain me through the search. I encourage you to continue posting here within these threads as to "Where have I gone?" I believe that we are defeating the enemy daily even by sharing the testimony that religion is dead.

Praise you LORD!!!
thisovercomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #3
manna-man

Default Re: Where have I gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisovercomer View Post
Once you have experienced a life apart from denomination (at least in theory) I don't think there ever is a way to go back to an organize religion and really be at peace.
Once you have tasted the riches of Christ, you can not settle for less.
Dear Overcomer,

If your still around... Christ is our experience.

Whether we are in a bar or sitting with co-workers after work. No matter where we are we can find Him.

His riches/supply is available 24/7 to those who seek Him. Even to those who have a religious opinion.

We must be careful not to think ourselves too wise. For our God is our Wisdom.(It ain't from us!) And we know He lifts up and He is able to take us down a peg or two if He sees fit.

Peace,

DonJr
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote