Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Old 06-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #1
Bradley

Default Met Up With Old Friends, 'Rebellious Ones'

About 5 or so years ago some brothers previously in my 'vital group' in my hometown 'rebelled' and 'caused a turmoil'. I wasn't in the country at the time, so I missed out on the action, I just heard the LCM side of the story. They tried to win me over via email and I vehemently defended the LCM and rejected them. To me, at the time, they were lepers and I was disappointed to have lost my friends, it was like they were dead to me.

Anyway recently, having decided that the LCM is a cult/sect after all, I got back in touch with them, apologised and made peace with them. One of them lives in the same city as me so I joined him for a beer and we talked about it, we had a lovely time. It was great to share my story and hear his perspective on the 'turmoil' that had happened.

At one point, he called the other on WhatsApp and we had a video chat together, it was great. They recommended a book to me,
A Future and a Hope - I'm reading it now, its really good, matches my experience very well, very relatable.

Its good to get my old friends back, and also so good to have more companions who can help me transition out of the LCM and into normal life again.
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
JJ

Default Re: Met Up With Old Friends, 'Rebellious Ones'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
About 5 or so years ago some brothers previously in my 'vital group' in my hometown 'rebelled' and 'caused a turmoil'. I wasn't in the country at the time, so I missed out on the action, I just heard the LCM side of the story. They tried to win me over via email and I vehemently defended the LCM and rejected them. To me, at the time, they were lepers and I was disappointed to have lost my friends, it was like they were dead to me.

Anyway recently, having decided that the LCM is a cult/sect after all, I got back in touch with them, apologised and made peace with them. One of them lives in the same city as me so I joined him for a beer and we talked about it, we had a lovely time. It was great to share my story and hear his perspective on the 'turmoil' that had happened.

At one point, he called the other on WhatsApp and we had a video chat together, it was great. They recommended a book to me,
A Future and a Hope - I'm reading it now, its really good, matches my experience very well, very relatable.

Its good to get my old friends back, and also so good to have more companions who can help me transition out of the LCM and into normal life again.
I'm so glad for you, Bradley. Having friends who have exited TLR so close should be helpful!
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Ohio

Default Re: Met Up With Old Friends, 'Rebellious Ones'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
They recommended a book to me,

Bradley, great book to read.

The author John Myer was a worker in the Ohio region under Titus Chu during the quarantines. After siding with Titus Chu against LSM's Blinded Brothers, eventually it was just a matter of time before the whole house of cards came crashing down, and Titus cut off John Myer for going too far.

John's book is required reading for the exiting LCer.

Nigel Tomes' articles are advanced reading. Nigel is another regional worker who initially sided with Titus, but then parted ways completely.