Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Fellowship Hall

Fellowship Hall Talk it over here. Also for prayer requests

Old 01-26-2020, 02:26 AM   #1
jesusislord

Default The price of being exclusive in lc

When lc downplay the rest of the body, I was taught there should be a gap btw lc and the Christianity. But this thinking is dangerous and deceiving. That's why the fruits of this teaching is when someone got hurt in the LC, the victim suffered greatly. Just look at someone at Plymouth brethren member or ex Mormon experience.
jesusislord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:49 AM   #2
aron

Default Re: The price of being exclusive in lc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusislord View Post
I was taught there should be a gap btw lc and the Christianity...
I heard someone teach that there should be no "bridges" between the LC and Christianity. That is "ecumenism" and solidifies divisions, rather than heal them.

But then they're taught to "blend" and "fellowship" in the LC, which builds up the body. So what's the difference between "building bridges" and "building up the body"? It boils down to "when we do it, it's okay" via word-play.

Christianity has "clergy" which God hates. But we have "full-time serving ones" who love the Lord so much!

Christianity has "seminaries" for paid professionals, robbing the function of the members of the body. We in the LC have "full-time training" which qualifies, prepares, adjusts, and perfects these full-time workers to build the body! Isn't that great?

Now, who would have anything to do with fallen Christianity if they could be in the Lord's recovery?