Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
TexanGirl331

Default Hello! :)

Hello everyone! I am new here. My username should be TexanGirl331 but I can live with this one I am not a member of the Local Churches but I am going to be attending a service the Sunday after this one. I grew up Catholic but left and converted to Islam, then left that after a year and found this church through a friend. I don't know much about this church but I am reading the RCV and asking my friend questions. I'm glad to be here
TexanGirl331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: Hello! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl331 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new here. My username should be TexanGirl331 but I can live with this one I am not a member of the Local Churches but I am going to be attending a service the Sunday after this one. I grew up Catholic but left and converted to Islam, then left that after a year and found this church through a friend. I don't know much about this church but I am reading the RCV and asking my friend questions. I'm glad to be here
Welcome! And we have folks here who can do name changes.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
TexanGirl331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Welcome! And we have folks here who can do name changes.
Thanks for the welcome! Who do I go to about the name change?
TexanGirl331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl331 View Post
Thanks for the welcome! Who do I go to about the name change?
Hello and welcome!

I'm a moderator and I don't know how to change an account name. The lead mod might, but my suspicion is that he will have to delete and re-set up your account.

UntoHim, are you there?

Igzy
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanGirl331 View Post
Hello everyone! I am new here. My username should be TexanGirl331 but I can live with this one
Welcome to the Forum TexanGirl331! (Got that name change done for you)

You probably noticed that most of the members of the Forum are former Local Church members. There a few current members and a few folks who have never been a member. I would strongly encourage your LC friend to come and review the Forum as well, and that way they will know that you have been exposed to ENTIRE truth regarding the teachings, practices and history of the movement.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
Indiana

Default Re: Welcome

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Texan Girl,

I came into the church life in Seattle when I was 23 years old; I did not do Islam for a year but did join the 7th day Adventists for about that long before happily finding this group of people.

I want to invite you to my website to share with you, and your friends, what coming into the church life meant to a lot of us when we were about your age.

www.lordsrecovery.us

I hope you will find Him, love Him, and be drawn into fellowship with Him and with fellow believers. As 2 Timothy 2:22 says, "Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the LORD out of a pure heart."

Do feel free to talk to me, if you would like, or to others, if you have any questions.

Steve Isitt
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
Hi TexanGirl,

I was in the Local Church of Witness Lee for 15 years. It seemed to be good to me for a few years. The longer I was there, in hindsight, the more I was compromising my personal walk with Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Having left the Catholic Church, Islam and now pursuing another group, I would encourage you to put your walk with Jesus first. Read your Bible (avoid footnotes!) When the Lord speaks, obey His voice. Love the Lord your God with all your soul, with all your heart and with all your might.

Jesus is the one who died to save you from your sins. He will lead you down the path that is uniquely yours. You are special to Him as a person. Wherever He may lead you will be the right place for you.

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the light. No man comes unto the Father but by me." (John 14:6) I think this is a verse we can count on. There are many "ways" out there. You have mentioned 3. Luke 9:35 says "And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him."

Getting to know Jesus is the finest experience a human can have. I wouldn't settle for anything less than knowing Jesus for myself. What a fine experience to hear His voice and to follow Him!

Another verse or two from John 10:
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them and they follow Me.
28 And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.

We would love to hear your experience of accepting Jesus as your Savior!

Blessings to you Texan Girl!

Nell

(TG: You might benefit from reading through another thread on this forum about making it easer to leave the Local Church. Leaving is certainly a lot harder than it was to "join". That's very telling.)
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote