Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Regional Concerns

Old 02-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
JJ

Default Signs of spring in Central California

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/196047390001148080/Almond Tree (see attached photo) blossoming in the sun today

Ecc 12:5
Furthermore, men are afraid of a high place and of terrors on the road; the almond tree blossoms, the grasshopper drags himself along, and the caperberry is ineffective. For man goes to his eternal home while mourners go about in the street.

Exo 25:33
“Three cups shall be shaped like almond blossoms in the one branch, a [fn]bulb and a flower, and three cups shaped like almond blossoms in the other branch, a bulb and a flower—so for six branches going out from the lampstand;

Exo 25:34
and in the lampstand four cups shaped like almond blossoms, its bulbs and its flowers.

Exo 37:19
three cups shaped like almond blossoms, a bulb and a flower in one branch, and three cups shaped like almond blossoms, a bulb and a flower in the other branch—so for the six branches going out of the lampstand.

Exo 37:20
In the lampstand there were four cups shaped like almond blossoms, its bulbs and its flowers;
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #2
JJ

Default Re: Signs of spring in Central California

Sorry my own pictures wouldn't upload, so I had to link the Pinterest photos.

Seeing real almond blossoms up close gave me an appreciation of their delicate beauty, and of the delicate beauty of the one who created all things... Far above this earthly picture.

Witness Lee liked to point out the almond tree blossoms as pointing to the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I think he was on to something there. It is so refreshing to see these trees popping with blossoms after many months with no sign of life at all.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote