Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthopraxy - Christian Practice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
Raptor

Default Pray-Reading is Scriptural

ZNPaaneah started a thread about pray-reading as documented in the book, “Lord Thou Saidst…” I really encourage you to get that book, like ZNP wrote, “This book is very strong biblical and historical evidence to support the practice of pray reading the word of God”. In my experience, by pray-reading you turn the logos into rhema in your spirit and you offer rhema to God in the Spirit. I have found 15 different articles/videos/books by non Local Church believers talking and teaching about pray-reading. I will be posting the links with samples if anybody is interested.

As far as the Local Church practice of pray-reading: if the term “pray-read” stumbles you because you believe or experienced that the way the Local Church teaches and practices pray-reading is wrong, I encourage you to take off your Local Church glasses and consider pray-reading for what it is: reading the Word prayerfully and praying using the Word. So don´t throw out pray-reading itself.

The Lord Jesus encountered some very distorted practices by the Pharisees, for example the way they prayed and the way they handled the scriptures, but He did not throw out prayer and the word. Rather, He pointed out their mistakes and then taught the proper way to pray and handle the scriptures. If you think the Local Churches teaching and practice about pray-reading is wrong, find the main points in their publications about pray-reading and point out the mistakes. Talk about how in your experience their practice of pray-reading is wrong. But don´t throw out scriptural and healthy pray-reading. The Recovery does not have the copyright, monopoly or ownership over pray-reading.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote