Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
Chris Fleming

Default Wonderful Church Meeting Today!

Wifey and I went to a great church today! Definitely more of the contemporary sort but the Spirit was definitely there. The main pastor spoke a lot from the Scriptures and spoke about the many gospel missions that he was with in many parts of the world. That's what I really appreciated--the place was focused on saving others, all kinds of people in any place, not just the select few considered "good material".

Glad to be dropping concepts left and right and accepting people in that kind of a church--previously I would not have wanted to meet in a "contemporary" church but I feel that the Lord is further detoxing me from the divisive LSM garbage.
Chris Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Cal

Default Re: Wonderful Church Meeting Today!

Good for you, Chris!

There are many churches in Austin like that. Like I said, no need to mess with an abusive, dysfunctional organization when there are so many better options out there.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #3
countmeworthy

Default Re: Wonderful Church Meeting Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Fleming View Post
Wifey and I went to a great church today! Definitely more of the contemporary sort but the Spirit was definitely there. The main pastor spoke a lot from the Scriptures and spoke about the many gospel missions that he was with in many parts of the world. That's what I really appreciated--the place was focused on saving others, all kinds of people in any place, not just the select few considered "good material".

Glad to be dropping concepts left and right and accepting people in that kind of a church--previously I would not have wanted to meet in a "contemporary" church but I feel that the Lord is further detoxing me from the divisive LSM garbage.
What an excellent report Chris! I am sure the Lord Jesus is detoxing you (and all of us for that matter!) but it feels good to be washed, cleaned and purified after the detoxing process!!

May you continuously be filled with the Joy in the Spirit of our Lord Jesus and be anointed with His Presence that you may be a blessing to others as you are being blessed.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote